'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
Eneporter can actually be more useful than Enhanced Hammer. If a DCE is discarded, it can get recycled with Special Charge and Puzzle of Time, but if it ends up on an Octillery or multiple on a Zoroark they have to figure out a way to recycle it themselves if they want to utilize that DCE properly.

ErFilethe

Aspiring Trainer
DVrayenW0AAfzIR.jpg

Got this from a Japanese Twitter acc

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
DVrayenW0AAfzIR.jpg

Got this from a Japanese Twitter acc
Looking at that picture, I think it's safe to say that the only way future Dragalge cards will be Dragon-type is if Skrelp is released as a Water-type. Bood to finally see inkay and malamar as Psychic-types. And I was right: Tyrunt and Amaura will evolve from Unidentified Fossil.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
I hope Frogadier's ability is good. Also, what is that Pokemon between Gogoat and Alolan Marowak?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Looking at that picture, I think it's safe to say that the only way future Dragalge cards will be Dragon-type is if Skrelp is released as a Water-type. Bood to finally see inkay and malamar as Psychic-types. And I was right: Tyrunt and Amaura will evolve from Unidentified Fossil.
The Dragalge in both Flashfire and BREAKpoint was Dragon-type, while the Skrelp was a Psychic-type, so I wouldn't assume that. Also, weird to not see the Chespin line included in the set, while the other two are there.

Ryn7321

real magnet hours
Yes! The Dragalge has an ability! I hope they bring back the "If your opponent's Active Pokemon is poisoned, it can't retreat" ability. I'm also predicting that Frogadier has a Water Duplicates ability, once per turn search for a Frogadier and bench it.

007manyo

TCG Judge & Player
The main things I look for when a set releases are ability mons, and so far I see Spewpa, Delphox, Pyroar (Which we know), Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja-GX (WHICH IS WATER-TYPE OMG YES HOPEFULLY SPICY TECH), Volcanion Prism (hopefully cool ability?), Honedge, Malamar (Which we already know is Dynamotor for [P]), and Dragalge (whose card art looks familiar? and also is [P] instead of [N]). Hopefully all of these abilities are good. My top 5 hopefuls are Delphox, Honedge, Volcanion Prism Star, Frogadier, and Greninja-GX having good abilities. If Greninja GX ends up being a good deck, guess who is building that? >:^)

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
So for everyone keeping track at home, we now know these stats for our English set list:

8 GXs: Palkia, Greninja, Naganadel, Lucario, Zygarde, Yveltal, Dialga, Ultra Necrozma
6 Ultra Beasts: Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Poipole, Naganadel, Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma
5 Prism Stars: Volcanion, Diancie, Arceus, Lysandre, Beast Energy

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Kinda wished Volcanion Prism Star was fire type so it could be a potential tool in Volc-EX decks but looks promising. Greninja-GX’s attack costs are WCC for the regular and GX attack which makes me think it won’t be great (all of the really good Stage 2s of recent times have either had amazing abilities, very low attack costs or both, see Gardevoir-GX, Greninja BKP, Metagross-GX). Looking forward to seeing that ability though!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Based on this image, and the currently revealed cards, here's my setlist for the Japanese Forbidden Light so far:

1. Exeggcute
2. Alolan Exeggutor
3. Scatterbug
4. Scatterbug
5. Spewpa
6. Vivillon
7. Skiddo
8. Gogoat
9. Pheromosa
10. Alolan Marowak
11. Fennekin
12. Fennekin
13. Braixen
14. Delphox
15. Litleo
16. Pyroar
17. Froakie
18. Froakie
19. Frogadier
20. Greninja-GX
21. Clauncher
22. Clawitzer
23. Amaura
24. Aurorus
25. Bergmite
26. Avalugg
27. Volcanion Prism Star
28. Helioptile
29. Heliolisk
30. Espurr
31. Meowstic
32. Honedge
33. Honedge
34. Doublade
35. Aegislash
36. Inkay
37. Malamar
38. Skrelp
39. Dragalge
40. Hoopa
41. Cubone
42. Pancham
43. Binacle
44. Barbaracle
45. Tyrunt
46. Tyrantrum
47. Hawlucha
48. Zygarde/Carbink
49. Zygarde
50. Zygarde-GX
51. Diancie Prism Star
54. Pangoro
55. Yveltal-GX
61. Sylveon
62. Dedenne
69. Ultra Necrozma GX
70. Eevee?
74. Noibat
77. Fossil Excavation Map
83. Mystery Treasure
89. Lysandre Prism Star
90. Bonnie
92. Lysandre Lab
94. Possible Unit Energy? (Last card in set)
There are also a few cards confirmed in the set, that I'm unsure of where to place being Eevee, Noivern and Eneporter.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
So for everyone keeping track at home, we now know these stats for our English set list:

8 GXs: Palkia, Greninja, Naganadel, Lucario, Zygarde, Yveltal, Dialga, Ultra Necrozma
6 Ultra Beasts: Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Poipole, Naganadel, Buzzwole, Ultra Necrozma
5 Prism Stars: Volcanion, Diancie, Arceus, Lysandre, Beast Energy
I feel like Dialga and Palkia won't be in this set. They would probably opt for Xerneas and another Gen 6 mon to fit the theme (and allow for a Blend FYD)

Wechselbalg

brb
Meh, so predictable - more Greninja fanservice (everbody loves ninjas right? right???) and just like a user before me pointed out, the ability that Frogadier has is probably something that boosts consistency, just like 'Water Duplicates' does. God forbid that we have a format where Greninja cannot remain a top contender. Oh well this is Pokemon after all.

Also, Delphox is again a fire type instead of psychic. Hopefully the ability it has is decent but I doubt it.

If the Grass type Exeggutor had synergy with the GX one that would make me happy though.

Last edited: