'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Everyone’s commenting on how Cubone’s art is so sad, but I just see how AMAZING the art is.
ALOLAN MAROWAK IS OP.
Accelerating any type of basic energy from the deck to a Pokémon? Yes please!
How about two? Yes please!
How ‘bout a free attack that does that?
YES PLEASE!

EpicShonenGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone is being so negative about this Alolan Marowak i think the attack is good you can play almost all alolan pokemon in the deck just add in unit energy or rainbow energy, alolan toolbox will be a thing trust me when this drops i will build one.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Everyone is being so negative about this Alolan Marowak i think the attack is good you can play almost all alolan pokemon in the deck just add in unit energy or rainbow energy, alolan toolbox will be a thing trust me when this drops i will build one.
Thing is that attack is just a worse Riotous Beating. If this card sees play it will be for the energy acceleration.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
what the hell! Where is my Marowak GX???? Come OOON Pokemon

Do you think the SM+ set for Forbidden Light would have an Alolan Marowak GX? Lucario was a standard stage 1 in Ultra Prism, but was made into a GX for the SM+ set. Could possibly happen.

OR

The same Alolan Marowak here could be an alt-type print as a psychic type (ghost) with free psychic acceleration. That might be good, too.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
  • Cubone: Nice art, love the Marowak cloud in the sky. Attack could deal 220 with 2 strong energy, a choice band, and weakness. 3/10 stars

• Alolan Marowak: First attack, yes please energy acceleration! Second attack: I mean its could be good in an alolan toolbox, but as @GekkisaiDaiNi pointed out its just Riotous Beating but more limited utility. 5.5/10

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Regarding the Zoroark comparison... I could care less whether it enables a *competitive* Alolan toolbox deck. :p

Its first attack does a good job of subtly encouraging certain lines of play without delving into the obvious tribe territory of YGO or recent MtG. Great design.

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
Regarding the Zoroark comparison... I could care less whether it enables a *competitive* Alolan toolbox deck. :p

Its first attack does a good job of subtly encouraging certain lines of play without delving into the obvious tribe territory of YGO or recent MtG. Great design.
Yes, I agree with you! The first attack is the one the card will be played for, the second is just a decent bonus.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Cubone: Nice art, love the Marowak cloud in the sky. Attack could deal 220 with 2 strong energy, a choice band, and weakness. 3/10 stars
  • Alolan Marowak: First attack, yes please energy acceleration! Second attack: I mean its could be good in an alolan toolbox, but as @GekkisaiDaiNi pointed out its just Riotous Beating but more limited utility. 5.5/10
when we will see a 10/10 card?

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
when we will see a 10/10 card?

Not really sure, I've just started giving each new card a rating to try and improve my mental knowledge of what makes a good card. Maybe I am being overly critical but something like Zoroark GX would be a 10/10 card in my eyes.