Errata for Cyrus Prism Star Officially Announced!

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I doubt they destroyed any already printed product. So all this really did is make it so some copies of the card out in the wild are incorrect. Which, given Pokemon's policy on errata, should in theory be a non-issue.
I mean money wasted printing an incorrect card.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Then they didn't lose squat. It's not like the older copy is suddenly unusable. And realistically, since players are expected to know all errata, it shouldn't make any difference.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Your financial advisor Lord Goomy is here to say:
Hold on to your Cyrus, people.
Say, would the plural of Cyrus be Cyri? If it ends in -us, then the plural is -i. Hmmm.

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
Say, would the plural of Cyrus be Cyri? If it ends in -us, then the plural is -i. Hmmm.

Yay! I pulled one at prerelease! Along with a Glaceon, that was behind it.

Charjabus

Beep Beep
So I guess they're not gonna continue to print the cyrus with the error like people tried to reason.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
I mean money wasted printing an incorrect card.

It's only a waste of money if it doesn't make people want to buy boxes.

People didn't really care about the misprint. If anything, it increased sales on account of people assuming that this version of cyrus would be amazing and going out to try and get it.

fleshrum

Cephalophore

Only for words with Latin origin, and indeed some of those are also derived and therefore wrong, for example it should be octopudae.

In this case colloquial rules would suggest Cyruses, or even just Cyrus (pl.)