Errata for Cyrus Prism Star Officially Announced!

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
So what exactly is gonna happen to the value of the misprinted Cyrus then?
nothing, for organized play the card will say if the (w) or (m) Pokemon is in the active, not actually on the card, but that's what an errata is. an errata doesn't mean the card will be printed differently, just if you're playing in a tournament, it has the other effect.

I hope you found this extremely redundant reply helpful

The Last Shaymin

Floof
nothing, for organized play the card will say if the (w) or (m) Pokemon is in the active, not actually on the card, but that's what an errata is. an errata doesn't mean the card will be printed differently, just if you're playing in a tournament, it has the other effect.

I hope you found this extremely redundant reply helpful
Yes, but they will stop printing the one with the error, so the price will increase because it is an error.

Otaku

The wise fool?
@AFEX

Nice joke. So hard for me not to get off on a rant there. Well, one suggested dialog change for the next time because... I'm stubborn. XP

TCPI CEO: No. First we break the format, then we half fix it. It's the Pokémon way!

;)

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Yes, but they will stop printing the one with the error, so the price will increase because it is an error.
They may never print a "correct one" We've only seen that occur once (Electrode EVO). But look at Slowking Neo and the Juniper/Sycamore errata

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
in my experience of erratas the card itself isn't altered, just the meaning. TCPI will continue printing the card with the wrong text just for tournament play, you will use it by the errata text

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
They did print corrected versions of the EVO Electrode, so if they ever print more Ultra Prism, they'll most likely fix Cyrus' text in those.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I think they'll fix Cyrus for consistency's sake. Which means misprints will go for lots of cash.

Otaku

The wise fool?
in my experience of erratas the card itself isn't altered, just the meaning. TCPI will continue printing the card with the wrong text just for tournament play, you will use it by the errata text

If they ever release it in the future, they will print it with the correct text.

The questions (plural) people need to ask are:

1) Will there be any further releases of the card?
2) By how much will each release outpace demand?

For you speculators out there, remember that you have to consider what people will want; errors become collectible when more people want them than can easily obtain them. If - for example - most prefer to have the version with the correct text, then even if fewer "error" versions exist, they may still outpace demand and thus fail to fetch a higher price.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
The amount of money they just lost because someone didn’t remember the classic phrase: translate twice, print once...

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
The amount of money they just lost because someone didn’t remember the classic phrase: translate twice, print once...

I doubt they destroyed any already printed product. So all this really did is make it so some copies of the card out in the wild are incorrect. Which, given Pokemon's policy on errata, should in theory be a non-issue.