News CGI Pokemon Spotted in First Leaked Set Photos for 'Detective Pikachu' Movie!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
This is going to be one of three things: Surprisingly good, Meme-ably bad, or just straight up nobody-talks-about-it-because-they-want-to-forget-it bad.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'm hesitant to be excited for this movie. Now, if Pokemon had tried live-action, CGI movies before; I'd be more excited.

The plot is...okay? I mean, it has the potential to be a really good mystery movie.

But, if this movie flops (which I kind of hope it doesn't); it probably spells doom to another live-action Pokemon movie. And I really want to see a more action-packed, live-action Pokemon movie. I think that would be really good (and I would really want to see that in theaters).

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
The more I hear about this, the more optimistic I am. The set looks pretty good. Maybe this will be like the recent Jumanji sequel. Early on, the premise sounded like it was a tired cash grab... but it was actually pretty darn good. Nothing amazing, but WAY better than expected.

Lmao a script written by dipper and Pikachu deadpool. Gonna be awesome

Actually, the script is being written by Soos.

TheGabiType

Grass type pokemon trainer
this looks amazing!! something about those real life signs just talking about people and pokemon...

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Apparently ALEX HIRSCH will be making this movie. Considering how incredible Gravity Falls was, I'm very hyped for this movie

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Very excited for this live action movie. As with some I am hoping it is not a flop so as to continue with more live action movies.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Hopefully Ryan Reynolds acts more like he did in Deadpool than he did in Green Lantern. If he acts like he did in Deadpool, I think the movie can be really successful.

If he acts like the wet blanket he was in the Green Lantern movie; oh boy. It could get really bad.

aschefield101

is behind you !
I wonder whereabouts it'll be on a scale of Mario film bad, to Batman vs Superman bad.

Both terrible in their own right and should never be seen, by anyone, ever :p

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I'm more optimistic for this film. No weird re-imaginings of Pokemon design (seriously someone shoot the people who made Star Trek Discovery) and it's incorporating all the generations too and not trying to appeal to genwunners. Ryan Reynolds is well, Ryan Reynolds so we're good there and Ken Watanabe can have a "let them fight" moment in this film too.

I wonder whereabouts it'll be on a scale of Mario film bad, to Batman vs Superman bad.

Both terrible in their own right and should never be seen, by anyone, ever :p

You've obviously never seen Batman v Superman if you think it's bad. Better than every Marvel film combined.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
This will be a sleeper hit for sure and not long to wait relatively speaking!! Ryan will keep it fun for sure, I just hope it's stuffed with fan nods - hoping for at least a snippet of team rocket and a couple of good battles - justice Smith having go toe to toe with a Machamp or something fun!

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
Ken Watanabe, Ryan Reynolds, Nicole Perlman, and Alex Hirsch on the writing team.

I'm unexpectedly optimistic. Two actors I love, and two very good writers. Definitely gonna see this in theatres.

aschefield101

is behind you !
I'm more optimistic for this film. No weird re-imaginings of Pokemon design (seriously someone shoot the people who made Star Trek Discovery) and it's incorporating all the generations too and not trying to appeal to genwunners. Ryan Reynolds is well, Ryan Reynolds so we're good there and Ken Watanabe can have a "let them fight" moment in this film too.

You've obviously never seen Batman v Superman if you think it's bad. Better than every Marvel film combined.
I hope you're joking about BvsS, it was pure trash.