Help The "What Should I Buy?" Thread

Blue21642

Aspiring Trainer
So, I'm in the market for a booster box, and I'm trying to decide between Guardians Rising and BreakThrough. Thoughts?

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
So, I'm in the market for a booster box, and I'm trying to decide between Guardians Rising and BreakThrough. Thoughts?

Definitely Guardians Rising. Lele is just too good, it also has good stuff like Choice Band, Turtonator, etc. plus Breakthrough is rotating this year.

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, guys. I just want your opinion on pre releases.
I've never been to one but everyone seems happy with those.

The thing is that maybe I could use the money to buy singles instead of getting to a tournament and maybe don't pull anything.

Do you think is really worth it?

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller

The thing is that maybe I could use the money to buy singles instead of getting to a tournament and maybe don't pull anything.

That's a hard question. I haven't been to a prerelease in a year, and I haven't even touched a pack of cards in months. I usually never do anything but singles, but the social aspect of prereleases and having early cards is of course really cool for people who A. care about new cards and B. like to socialize like humans, which... Ew.... but $30 is really steep if you're just gonna come back with a regular Cynthia and a couple of regular rares.

pete

Aspiring Trainer

prereleases are best when there is a good promo that will see competitive play(oranguru and passimian in sun and moon base set) or hold monetary value later(charizard from evolutions) otherwise if you dont pull the expensive card and find a buyer that day you normally lose money(this set you wanna pull the lucario as it will have some people wanting to play them). if you are new go there and ask some of the better players there for some help with finding the staple cards. also it is good to have an idea of a deck you wanna play. iff you got a deck you wanna play just reply to me and i can get you a basic deck list so you can know what to ask for.

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
prereleases are best when there is a good promo that will see competitive play(oranguru and passimian in sun and moon base set) or hold monetary value later(charizard from evolutions) otherwise if you dont pull the expensive card and find a buyer that day you normally lose money(this set you wanna pull the lucario as it will have some people wanting to play them). if you are new go there and ask some of the better players there for some help with finding the staple cards. also it is good to have an idea of a deck you wanna play. iff you got a deck you wanna play just reply to me and i can get you a basic deck list so you can know what to ask for.

Thanks a lot for answering. Yes, I think that lucario is the best card in those pre releases but even then I have 25% of getting it.
But anyway, in case I play you tell me maybe you can help me with a list. Do you have a list for every pre release base set?

It would be really helpful. Thanks.

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
That's a hard question. I haven't been to a prerelease in a year, and I haven't even touched a pack of cards in months. I usually never do anything but singles, but the social aspect of prereleases and having early cards is of course really cool for people who A. care about new cards and B. like to socialize like humans, which... Ew.... but $30 is really steep if you're just gonna come back with a regular Cynthia and a couple of regular rares.

Thanks a lot for answering. Yes, I'm not a big fan of getting a lot of bulk but all my friends are putting pressure on me to go and play. Maybe if you win it's worth the money but even then it's not certain that you can pull something good.

I know a guy that one that he won the pre release and they gave him 10 booster packs. He only pulled a RA Alolan Exeggutor GX.... in 14 packs! That is crazy.

pete

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks a lot for answering. Yes, I think that lucario is the best card in those pre releases but even then I have 25% of getting it.
But anyway, in case I play you tell me maybe you can help me with a list. Do you have a list for every pre release base set?

It would be really helpful. Thanks.
i meant find a deck you want to play. empoleon and garchamp/lucario will both be cheap starting decks in the next set. you could also try dusk mane necrosma magnezone but that will be a little harder to get the pokemon for. and the list i give you wont be a prerelease list it will be a regular 60 card list. so again pick a deck you wanna play and i will make a budget list for you.

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
i meant find a deck you want to play. empoleon and garchamp/lucario will both be cheap starting decks in the next set. you could also try dusk mane necrosma magnezone but that will be a little harder to get the pokemon for. and the list i give you wont be a prerelease list it will be a regular 60 card list. so again pick a deck you wanna play and i will make a budget list for you.

It would be great if you could lend me a Garchomp/Lucario deck. I think it's going to be really good. I also could get some staple cards and Tapu lele Gx. I have a friend that can lend me those. So it doesn't have to be necessarily a budget deck. But I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

pete

Aspiring Trainer
It would be great if you could lend me a Garchomp/Lucario deck. I think it's going to be really good. I also could get some staple cards and Tapu lele Gx. I have a friend that can lend me those. So it doesn't have to be necessarily a budget deck. But I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
i can give a list not the cards.
2 alolan vulpix
4 gible
2 gabite
4 garchomp
3 riolu
3 lucario
1 tapu lele
4 cynthia
2 bridgette
3 professor sycamore
4 rare candy
4 ultra ball
2 pal pad
4 choice band
2 float stone
2 timer ball
4 brooklet hill
6 fighting energy
4 double colorless energy
try to get those cards on launch

Eduardo Arana

Aspiring Trainer
i can give a list not the cards.
2 alolan vulpix
4 gible
2 gabite
4 garchomp
3 riolu
3 lucario
1 tapu lele
4 cynthia
2 bridgette
3 professor sycamore
4 rare candy
4 ultra ball
2 pal pad
4 choice band
2 float stone
2 timer ball
4 brooklet hill
6 fighting energy
4 double colorless energy
try to get those cards on launch

that looks pretty solid. Thanks a lot for giving me the list. I'll definitely try it and if I do good, I can post the results

BravenLion

Aspiring Trainer
I'm new to Pokebeach so bear with me.
So I can't decide on what to get, I'm looking into buying either the Alolan Raichu Figure Collection because I like the figure and Burning Shadows is pretty cool (like the card art) or just wait until a Ultra Prism Elite Trainer Box. So far I've only played for fun but I want to get into competitive eventually so knowing which one had the better cards will help. I was wondering which would be the better one to go for. I don't want to go over $30 dollars so since both of them are going on Amazon for pretty cheap I want to have a second opinion on it.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I'm new to Pokebeach so bear with me.
So I can't decide on what to get, I'm looking into buying either the Alolan Raichu Figure Collection because I like the figure and Burning Shadows is pretty cool (like the card art) or just wait until a Ultra Prism Elite Trainer Box. So far I've only played for fun but I want to get into competitive eventually so knowing which one had the better cards will help. I was wondering which would be the better one to go for. I don't want to go over $30 dollars so since both of them are going on Amazon for pretty cheap I want to have a second opinion on it.

You're probably better off buying singles for the decks you want to make. That way 100% of your money goes into playing instead of extra cards unless you want to collect too.

BravenLion

Aspiring Trainer
You're probably better off buying singles for the decks you want to make. That way 100% of your money goes into playing instead of extra cards unless you want to collect too.
Oh yeah I meant to add that to I want to collect them too. So which one would have the better possible cards in general?

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Oh yeah I meant to add that to I want to collect them too. So which one would have the better possible cards in general?
Burning Shadows Elite Trainer box or Guardians Rising ETB to start then start catching up on the current sets however you can or buying those singles.