News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
the search option is super interesting in a theme deck, but I'm skeptical it will be able to set up both lucario and garchomp consistently. ascension attack on the gabite and early game draw with solrock should help, but I think I still prefer hidden moon's mimikyu/bewear combo engine and lunala's simple damage stacking. and yes, I analyze the theme deck meta because I'm poor and it's a good way to win tradable packs on PTCGO ;)

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Theme Decks are the reason why those front cards like Empoleon and Garchomp non-holo rares in the set. Is it me or is the theme Deck runs one type of energy now?

We can't say yet as these decks are the first since Sun & Moon's Forest Shadow.

As expected, exclusive non-holo Lucario in the Mach Strike deck. I'm a little sad that Imperial Command doesn't have any thing exclusive other than the holo (since I plan to buy both theme decks as I'm going to collect everything Ultra Prism).

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
We can't say yet as these decks are the first since Sun & Moon's Forest Shadow.

As expected, exclusive non-holo Lucario in the Mach Strike deck. I'm a little sad that Imperial Command doesn't have any thing exclusive other than the holo (since I plan to buy both theme decks as I'm going to collect everything Ultra Prism).
Um what? Crimson invasion, Gaurdians Rising, and Burning shadows have all had theme decks...

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
the search option is super interesting in a theme deck, but I'm skeptical it will be able to set up both lucario and garchomp consistently. ascension attack on the gabite and early game draw with solrock should help, but I think I still prefer hidden moon's mimikyu/bewear combo engine and lunala's simple damage stacking. and yes, I analyze the theme deck meta because I'm poor and it's a good way to win tradable packs on PTCGO ;)

If they run anything like my prerelease deck did with these, they won't and these are basically the same cards. I had the same 3-2-2 line and I could only ever get one Garchomp going. Kept prizing part of the line.

TheJollyFlyingMan

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think the Chomp deck is the strongest theme deck in the history of the game. Unless a good Fairy one comes out later it will be the BDIF of TCGO theme format, and also Chomp/Luke will be the most common budget deck among new players because 2 copies of this is almost the whole deck sans Lele

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Oh whoops, i mis-read it. I must me tired. Lol

Haha all good. :)

ROFL. He was saying that we haven't seen a unique non-holo card in a theme deck since SUM.

Not quite. :p Was referring to the mono-energy bit. I'd be so wrong if that's what I had actually said lol. Many theme decks have unique non-holo cards, Imperial Command is the first to not have any since (funnily enough) another Sun & Moon theme deck - Primarina deck (can't remember name).

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
For the first time in my life, I WILL BUY A THEME DECK. No, really. The garchomp one has 2 cynthia
Wow you're right! It also has the set's Type :Null too. The Empoloen deck even has Aqua Patch and Ultra Ball.

I don't expect the premier build of a theme deck but I expect some good cards The Mono color for energy should also help them be slightly better.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Wow you're right! It also has the set's Type :Null too. The Empoloen deck even has Aqua Patch and Ultra Ball.

I don't expect the premier build of a theme deck but I expect some good cards The Mono color for energy should also help them be slightly better.
hope they keep these good theme decks up

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
...16 Trainer cards in a single physical theme deck. I never thought I would see the day this would happen. 0_o

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Why are those Ultra Prism cards so pricy? I know they are not officially out yet. But 130 dollar for a gold Solgaleo GX? Come on?!