News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

skawt

boop
Does Cyrus affect the active Pokémon too or just the benched?

Also hay Darkrai I like you.

Duskmane looks pretty good with Metagross too.

Dawnwings is as useless as all Lunala cards.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer

Just the bench. Since the sentence states "Choose two Benched Pokemon" clearly the effect of the card effects benched pokemon, isolating the active. Pokemon has always made a clear distinction between benched and active pokemon.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Heck yeah, now anything running Octillery can throw in a Cyrus

Indeed. Since the fan translation read "active pokemon" it's splash-ability was very limited. This translation makes it far more playable without having to worry about getting a pokemon in the active spot.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer

Dawn Wings has the same ability as Keldeo EX, which saw a fair amount of play in standard. I can still see Dawn Wings seeing reasonable play just for the ability + Float Stone.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Post updated. We’re certain TPCi mistranslated it. It should only work if your Active Pokemon is a Water or Metal-type, not if you have any Water or Metal-type Pokemon in play. If this is true, they will probably issue an errata at some point. This would be the first major mistranslation by TPCi in a long time.

RedSuinit

Aspiring Trainer
Post updated. We’re certain TPCi mistranslated it. It should only work if your Active Pokemon is a Water or Metal-type, not if you have any Water or Metal-type Pokemon in play. If this is true, they will probably issue an errata at some point. This would be the first major mistranslation by TPCi in a long time.

So you think that TCPi mistranslated the card? I guess we will find out if they issue an errata.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Read the title and for half a second there, I thought you were going to say that this was part of a new deck! I'm like "What???"

Bigscrap84

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The text on Darkrai can not be read easily. This is definitely a major design flaw. I don't understand why they wouldn't change the color of the text to a more legible color

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Highly unlikely.

Garde is already a really strong deck. Unless you're just assuming that magnezone/necrozma will force garde out of the meta entirely (Hint: It won't), then the universe where this mistranslation sticks around is the universe where cyrus/plea ends a lot of games.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
I really want the Dawn wings Necrozma and Cyrus. But as I'm in the U.K and Team Rocket stole our prerelease kits, I guess I will have to wait for release and get a booster box then. I envy those in America.