SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

In the scheme of things its not much, worlds is pretty close round the corner.

We are closer to this past Worlds than this upcoming worlds. There will be many Cups and a handful of Regionals before the next rotation. For all we know in that time Garchomp BKP could get a reprint or another similarly functioning card could arise.

We are closer to this past Worlds than this upcoming worlds. There will be many Cups and a handful of Regionals before the next rotation. For all we know in that time Garchomp BKP could get a reprint or another similarly functioning card could arise.

No on the reprint, an possibility for a similarly functioning card, though it would have to be a similar type or it would be weird.

The Dialga has a different artwork than the SM5 full art, that's cool.
Energy Recycler SR is pretty cool too, possibly saving it from a future rotation.
Psychic Rotom might be cool?
Fire Heatran is kind of neat, I guess? Non-EX/GX attacker, but you already got baby Volc, but 30 more damage, but energy discard and no acceleration.
Nothing to say about new Dewpider and Araquanid, haven't seen em.

Will we get the alternate type GXs in Forbidden Light when we already had them in Ultra Prism?

Interesting - if these Palkia and Dialga alternate-type reprints are really included in Forbidden Light, then we already know all 8 GXs that will be in the set (Palkia, Greninja, Naganadel, Lucario, Yveltal, Dialga, Zygarde, Ultra Necrozma)

just don't see the point in having a second lighting type Magnezone when theres already a lighting type Magnezone from bkt.

just don't see the point in having a second lighting type Magnezone when theres already a lighting type Magnezone from bkt.
Aside from the dual type reprint, I guess when rotation hits (Breakthrough is guaranteed to rotate out) on September, we still have an Electric Magnetic Circuit Magnezone to use. That, and the new Magnezone has slightly higher HP than the other one.

Please no Float Stone reprint. Just let some cards die. N has already been in the format for six years.
Well, there was technically a period of a few months when N was rotated from Standard, which was pretty awful (the only good/decent draw Supporters at that point were Sycamore, Shauna, and Professor Birch's Observations). TCPi pretty much had to bring back N because it was the only "check" to the popular aggressive strategies (read: Night March).

Still, I agree that Float Stone should stay rotated - I imagine TCPi is testing to see whether Dashing Pouch, Escape Board, and other conventional switching cards will be enough to compensate.

Maybe it is just me but I’m kind of annoyed with so many variants of the same card. It just feels lazy to me, I’d much rather have more variety then just alternate typing cards

TRASH dialga is better with fairy weakness and energy recycle is only playable in vikavolt. I will win st.louis regionals easily who wanna bet?

Back