Discussion The Shiny Hunting Thread

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
In Ultra Moon, I found two random-encounter shinies (post obtaining the Shiny Charm) within like 48 hours of each other about a month ago.

An Inkay (11/22) in Poni Wilds. It was a Female I nicknamed "Saffron". Evolved it into a Malamar.
And a Scraggy (11/24) in Route 17 outside of Po Town. Another Female, I nicknamed it "Rubbermaid". Evolved it into a Scrafty.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
While trying to train up Pokemon to complete my PokeDex, I've gotten a Shiny Heliolisk, Audino, Yanmega, Abomasnow, Nuzleaf, Stunfisk and Hippowdon through Ultra Wormholes! After getting the Shiny Charm, I've also managed to chain for a Shiny Seel, and now I'm considering what to SR for (currently considering Poipole or Stakataka)!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
After countless of Ultra Wormhole Shinies (including 5 Lombre and no Quagsire), I finally decided on soft resetting for an Ultra Beast! 668 SR's later, and I got myself my first Shiny Ultra Beast: Pheroche, the shiny Pheromosa, and it is stunning! :D

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
2017-12-29.jpg

Palebuckets

Unkicked Bucket
Just contradicted my signature yesterday with a shiny Drapion from the Ultra Wormhole! Definitely an awesome addition alongside 4 legendaries I bagged through that method as well. :D

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Got a shiny Wishiwashi at a chain of ~60 two days ago.

image.jpg

And just now I got a shiny Chansey at a chain of 78.
image.jpg

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
Spent some time wormholing, I got
Shiny Stunfisk,
2 Shiny Barbaricles
Shiny Hippowdon
Shiny Crustle
and Shiny Magcargo!

Awesome!

P.S i got some in regular holes and some in only 2o00 lightyears, show don’t skip these!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I’m at 3700 SRs with the charm for ho-oh.
As far as legends go, I got
Guzzlord
kartana
Tornadus
Reshiram
Blacephalon
Mewtwo

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
With mere days remaining of my Bank subscription, my 11-month hunt has finally come to fruition! ;w;

jLLXk3B.jpg

The dream team is a go!

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Just got a shiny Beldum at a chain of 56:

image.jpg

And yesterday I got a shiny Murkrow at a chain of 52:

image.jpg

[/spoiler

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Well, I went into a Yellow Cave Wormhole (Tried to find Heatran) I had previously caught all other Legendary Pokemon in that wormhole so only Heatran was left.

So I thought, Eh, i'll do 300 SR's for a Shiny.

7 SR's in, I encountered a Shiny Heatran, Caught it, Adamant nature even when synchronizing for a Jolly nature.
Had a good Move set and set of EV's, (haven't unlocked IV check yet.)

That was my first Legendary Shiny since Pokemon Black, or Diamond.

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Yesterday I got two shinies; Mawile and Zorua.

RAEVxMd.jpg
a9sNuVn.jpg

The Mawile was on my second attempt. First attempt ended at 126 due to me accidentally clicking Fight when I had no PP left with only one Mawile on the screen.

And I didn't synchronize the Zorua. I just got lucky, lol.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Yesterday I got two shinies; Mawile and Zorua.

RAEVxMd.jpg
a9sNuVn.jpg

The Mawile was on my second attempt. First attempt ended at 126 due to me accidentally clicking Fight when I had no PP left with only one Mawile on the screen.

And I didn't synchronize the Zorua. I just got lucky, lol.

Shiny Charm or no?

blahblahbal

Aspiring Trainer
Well last night was a fruitful night. Shiny Nihilego after 1 SR, and then I stay up half the night looking for shiny Guzzlord. After 742 SRs I get it.

kDYR9IC.jpg

RfLpchG.jpg