Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Regarding bb's spoiler on me (yes I'm too lazy to quote :p):

-It only became my main reason after I realized the other 2 were invalid. Sorry, I should've worded it better.
-I did, Lorde is legitimately all that stuck out to me.
In light of my recent post, was there anything that you still wanted me to respond to?
Not that I can think of.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Regarding bb's spoiler on me (yes I'm too lazy to quote :p):

-It only became my main reason after I realized the other 2 were invalid. Sorry, I should've worded it better.
-I did, Lorde is legitimately all that stuck out to me.

Not that I can think of.
Actually, on second thought, TLS seems really sheepy. But he's also super new.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Sorry, yeah, you're right.

Another weird thing: if this was your main reason, then it should have been included in your vote post, instead of the other two reasons.

You should probably try finding scummy stuff on people who didn't recently get called out and voted by someone else.

This. I don't really think the mindset thing is actually scummy; the only thing that goes on the list of "weird actions" for me is this contradiction:
"Have you [Gekki] not been screaming at me in Discord for like a week about how bad one site's meta is and how different another one is?

Anyway, ##UNVOTE. I implied earlier but possibly didn't spell it out; this is turning out very similar to last game, so I'm really not feeling a mafian flip. (My initial vote was pressure.)

I also am not feeling this Lorde thing, and after reading a couple of pages on it, I'm a bit confused on what the main points actually are. I see sheeping/bandwagoning? This seems like a very weak reason; Lorde is at worst opportunistic scum, at best scumhunting/pressuring town; and so I just generally read it as neutral. Plus, this logic means that anyone who votes after someone else is bandwagoning, which is false. The only legitimate point that I've seen on Lorde is this one by simsands, about Lorde still voting/arguing against Gekki, and Lorde's response to it didn't make me change my mind.

On another note, NP's much more aggressive and isn't flying under the radar, as compared to last game (when he was scum). I don't know what to make of that though, since NP was also representing us on another site at the time, and they could explain things.

What is scummy is that NP was pressuring and focusing mainly on Gekki (this is after commenting on his mindset), and then in the post below, started switching towards pressuring and focusing nearly entirely on Lorde. The kicker is that I don't see any reason for NP's focus to switch so suddenly - it's not like Gekki gave a great defense to the points NP was focused on that should have changed NP's mind there and then.

##VOTE: NP

Also for the record, I've got a few other suspicions.
I personally don't buy this NP case but I'd definitely like to see a response from NP. I don't think last game was very indicative of NP's scum meta however; I think Askr and Salem Forces show his scum meta much better. IMO I made pretty solid responses to all of NP's points, so the pressure switch isn't that scummy.

I think the main point on Lorde right now is the tunneling. She has basically no reason (or if she does, she isn't disclosing it) to keep her vote on me, yet she still does.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I personally don't buy this NP case but I'd definitely like to see a response from NP. I don't think last game was very indicative of NP's scum meta however; I think Askr and Salem Forces show his scum meta much better. IMO I made pretty solid responses to all of NP's points, so the pressure switch isn't that scummy.
So you don't think NP suddenly switching focus from you to Lorde is suspicious?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
But isn’t that what this game is all about? Switching focus from one person of interest to another based on small slip ups and giveaways?
That's the thing - I don't see what should have caused NP to switch his focus when he did. I don't see any new slip-ups or giveaways or anything like that, nor any defenses that should have stopped the pressure on Gekki.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
So you don't think NP suddenly switching focus from you to Lorde is suspicious?
It is, but sometimes people's minds/reads change. I'll be sticking to Lorde for now, but I'll be keeping an eye out for NP's response.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Why so much defense? I'm not asking for you to switch your vote either...

There's always a reason for people's minds/reads to change, and I don't see what it was. This is also why I'm curious to hear NP's response.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Why so much defense? I'm not asking for you to switch your vote either...

There's always a reason for people's minds/reads to change, and I don't see what it was. This is also why I'm curious to hear NP's response.
...it isn't defense? It's called posting my opinions on your case :L

Also, another thing to bear in mind is that NP never actually voted for either of us, so he may just be trying to pressure as many people as possible.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
"Curious coordination" scumtells never work and IDK why people try to make them. Posting at the same time is nothing but pure coincidence, scumbuddy or not.
And Lorde's smart enough that she is very likely not gonna be so obvious by buddying BB if they both are scum.
Yeah, maybe you are right on this.
Regarding what people have said about it being odd that I didn’t defend myself
If you look back I explain that I had other things to do plus some bad timing with battery life and internet and when I got back I saw that I had already been defended so yeah
TE, my intention on the point that you didn't defend yourself was to know why bb and Lorde were defending you so hardly. I never said you didn't defend. In fact, your first post after your time offline was the explanation I was looking for, which is good. Just to be clear, I'm not looking at your time offline as something bad, of course we all have our lives outside this.
Mariano(?): he seemed pretty hasty to question my lack of response
Like explained in previous answer, it's ok to not respond quickly. Sorry if it looked like that.
Here's a perfect example of a bandwagon, Gekki.
Ok, I knew this would happen and I'm going to explain it. Since yesterday night there were about 150 new posts. While I was reading them, my mind was assembling the idea of that connection between bb and you. By the time I arrived to Gekki's post stating the connection between bb and you, that idea was already built in my head and I didn't want to miss the chance of expressing it.
Why Lorde and not me?
Because, to me, Lorde and you are at the same level of scummyness (sorry if the word doesn't exist), but there was (and there is) a better case built on her than on you.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'd like to point out that bb's play this game is super similar to last game's, in which he was scum. However, I haven't actually seen bb's town meta before and I wouldn't be shocked if his town and scum metas are extremely similar, since he is really good at Mafia.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
And then there was a useless fluffy post from TE... :L

You could post a vote, if you take issue with the activity level. There are many valid vote options at this point of the game.
And then there was a very serious post taking my seriously unserious post seriously

TOTAL_EPICNESS

Also I still don’t feel like there is enough concrete evidence for me to feel fully satisfied with whomever I vote for I know it would probably change but still

Draskk

Blast From The Past
And then there was a very serious post taking my seriously unserious post seriously
I wasn't trying to take it overly seriously; I was just saying you could actually increase the activity level yourself instead of just complaining about it.
Also I still don’t feel like there is enough concrete evidence for me to feel fully satisfied with whomever I vote for I know it would probably change but still
That's fair.

TOTAL_EPICNESS

I know you weren’t trying to take it overly serious I just wanted to spark the debate that you were having again so we could possibly get any last information we could out of it instead of switching to a new topic

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I know you weren’t trying to take it overly serious I just wanted to spark the debate that you were having again so we could possibly get any last information we could out of it instead of switching to a new topic
Which debate would that be? As to the debate on the NP case, I've already stated my opinions on it. I'm waiting for NP's response before carrying that topic on any farther. What are some of your opinions on the current cases?

Status
Not open for further replies.