Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
You're reading my mindset wrong. If I think RVS is taking too long, I get aggressive. I dislike wasting time and if I have to get aggressive/scummy to move the game forward, I do it. I asked about it because I've never seen people do it before, which made me curious. RVS vote because why not, he's more likely to respond if I actually drop a vote on him and it wasn't like there was a better option at the time. I was just asking about it since we've never done it before, it just kind of came out of the blue, if something is unusual I ask about it. They are indicative of newbies, and the RVS wasn't that scummy, but I didn't like the Jade or Quaking cases, didn't see anything else that was scummy at all, and wanted to move forward from RVS, hence a vote.
By "the RVS wasn't that scummy" I mean "the OMGUS wasn't that scummy".

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Hmm, okay. I didn't hop on the wagon, it was way too early to even call it one when I voted for him. I voted him because when there's a potential lead in this D1 setting, you need pressure to make sure you get responses, reactions, rebuts. Gekki responds a lot when under pressure, having pressure on someone like him (especially when he's sort of a lead) is useful.

If you wanna call out anyone for bandwagoning you may as well call out TLS, though that's not even worth pursuing.
Keeping me on defense so I don't have time to scumhunt is useful?

And it was a bandwagon. BB voted for me then sometime in the next 2 posts you voted for me for the same reasons. That is without a doubt a bandwagon.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
If people scumread you, you have to get defensive. It's just the way the game works. I'd much rather be scumhunting right now, but hey.
Like I said, it's nothing personal. I'm not targeting you directly or anything; merely stating that I'm wary. What's a game of Mafia/Werewolf without a little bit of paranoia, eh? :D

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Like I said, it's nothing personal. I'm not targeting you directly or anything; merely stating that I'm wary. What's a game of Mafia/Werewolf without a little bit of paranoia, eh? :D
I know, I'm just pointing out that everyone gets defensive when pushed, so it isn't really a scumtell.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
RVS vote because why not, he's more likely to respond if I actually drop a vote on him and it wasn't like there was a better option at the time.
No that's perfectly fine. I really included it in comparison to what you said about Nick directly afterwards. Why not tag Nick?
I was just asking about it since we've never done it before, it just kind of came out of the blue, if something is unusual I ask about it.
It wasn't a question though. You explicitly called it "pointless", meaning you already had an answer in mind.
They are indicative of newbies, and the RVS wasn't that scummy, but I didn't like the Jade or Quaking cases, didn't see anything else that was scummy at all, and wanted to move forward from RVS, hence a vote.
But you still stuck to your guns after it helped break the game open. Why?

Alright, but what specifically about this makes Gekki scummy? IIRC, he tends to have these habits as town as well, like last game, where he tried to present a lynch on bb and me during D1, but he eventually backed off when his case wasn't sticking. He ended up flipping town when he was lynched.
But Gekki always tries to learn from last game and correct it if he was town. Also, the lynch on you and BB was quite different than this mindset of attacking everything that seems attackable. The attacking BB for switching an RVS vote is a prime example of this. (Admittedly, I may be wrong because I knew the case on him sucked and didn't pay much attention to it because I was scum and playing Hydra Mafia.)

What's a Canadian without perpetuating how Americans think they talk, eh?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Here's why I think Gekki's scum. This is not to be misconstrued as an attack on sim, who is completely right that Lorde's vote especially is scummy and bad.
How and why?
Keeping me on defense so I don't have time to scumhunt is useful?

And it was a bandwagon. BB voted for me then sometime in the next 2 posts you voted for me for the same reasons. That is without a doubt a bandwagon.
I just said why, read my post more carefully.

It wasn't a bandwagon, it was pressure vote. We had this discussion in WoTG, pressure votes are necessary. That's all I was doing. I don't think you're especially scummy, but it wasn't a bandwagon. Not only was my vote not motivated by sheeping, that was only the second vote on you.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I know, I'm just pointing out that everyone gets defensive when pushed, so it isn't really a scumtell.
I'm looking for more than just scumtells at the moment. The chaos of the first night is perfect for seeing the personalities of the players. I'm learning about the players as much as I am their roles. Advanced strategeries. ;)

Right, eh?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
No that's perfectly fine. I really included it in comparison to what you said about Nick directly afterwards. Why not tag Nick?

It wasn't a question though. You explicitly called it "pointless", meaning you already had an answer in mind.

But you still stuck to your guns after it helped break the game open. Why?

But Gekki always tries to learn from last game and correct it if he was town. Also, the lynch on you and BB was quite different than this mindset of attacking everything that seems attackable. The attacking BB for switching an RVS vote is a prime example of this. (Admittedly, I may be wrong because I knew the case on him sucked and didn't pay much attention to it because I was scum and playing Hydra Mafia.)

IDK why I didn't tag Nick, I just didn't think to.

The only time I used the word pointless was to describe what I though the RVS switching was, not the question.

I didn't stick to my guns, did you not see me unvote TE?

Draskk

Blast From The Past
How and why?

I just said why, read my post more carefully.

It wasn't a bandwagon, it was pressure vote. We had this discussion in WoTG, pressure votes are necessary. That's all I was doing. I don't think you're especially scummy, but it wasn't a bandwagon. Not only was my vote not motivated by sheeping, that was only the second vote on you.
I read your entire post, I'm not dumb. If you constantly pressure me I can't scumhunt as much. That's all I meant.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm looking for more than just scumtells at the moment. The chaos of the first night is perfect for seeing the personalities of the players. I'm learning about the players as much as I am their roles. Advanced strategeries. ;)

Right, eh?
First night? You mean first day, right?

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
As far as I know the two main scumtells are being overly defensive when put under little to no pressure and being overly offensive when someone else is put under fire
Nobody has really shown the first one but the second one is a bit more akin to what’s happening here

Draskk

Blast From The Past
As far as I know the two main scumtells are being overly defensive when put under little to no pressure and being overly offensive when someone else is put under fire
Nobody has really shown the first one but the second one is a bit more akin to what’s happening here
Being overly offensive early day 1 (if youre me at least, IDK about others) is just trying to move the game forward, since there isn't much to go off of. If you're being overly offensive after that, it can be a scumtell.

Right, eh?
Also, by roles you mean alignments, right?

NinjaPenguin

How and why?
Because your vote on him was for disregarding what BB said, even though there's no reason to believe BB's town or always right.
IDK why I didn't tag Nick, I just didn't think to.
Nothing I can say about this besides the fact that it's ridiculous to not when you just tagged TE but it's an argument that won't lead anywhere.
The only time I used the word pointless was to describe what I though the RVS switching was, not the question.
Can you quote the part of what I said that your comment there was about then? I'm confused.
I didn't stick to my guns, did you not see me unvote TE?
I actually did not. However, rereading that area, I don't like being 99% sure in a vote switch.
I also think you were overly defensive when BB's vote on you was pretty RVS-y to me.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Because your vote on him was for disregarding what BB said, even though there's no reason to believe BB's town or always right.

Nothing I can say about this besides the fact that it's ridiculous to not when you just tagged TE but it's an argument that won't lead anywhere.

Can you quote the part of what I said that your comment there was about then? I'm confused.

I actually did not. However, rereading that area, I don't like being 99% sure in a vote switch.
I also think you were overly defensive when BB's vote on you was pretty RVS-y to me.
Mind-meld on the first part of this post.

It's not RVSy at all, he brought up points and then three people bandwagoned. Are you telling me you wouldn't get defensive in this scenario?

Not sure exactly what you want me to quote.

Of course I'd switch my vote later, there wasn't some huge case on TE, he did a few things that were minorly scummy so I wanted to pressure him.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
I'm seeing connections between bb and Lorde, between the bandwagon onto me and Lorde sheeping behind him.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Though there does, however, seem to be a mindset in the town to sheep behind bb alot. I noticed this last game.

It isn't good :L

NinjaPenguin

It's not RVSy at all, he brought up points and then three people bandwagoned. Are you telling me you wouldn't get defensive in this scenario?

Not sure exactly what you want me to quote.

Of course I'd switch my vote later, there wasn't some huge case on TE, he did a few things that were minorly scummy so I wanted to pressure him.
This is the spot I see as too defensive (when only BB has voted you in a RVSy manner):
Oh okay then

##UNVOTE ##VOTE: Gekki
Scummy bandwagon jumping on to an easy new-player lynch.
He isn't new.

And it wasn't a bandwagon, I'm just trying to move forward from RVS. I'm 99% sure I'll have changed my vote before day's end.

As for what I want you to quote, you said "The only time I used the word pointless was to describe what I though the RVS switching was, not the question." What question are you referring to?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I was relying on the point BB made, it was a good point. That doesn't mean I read him in any specific way.
I'm seeing connections between bb and Lorde, between the bandwagon onto me and Lorde sheeping behind him.
<insert obligatory post saying I didn't sheep>

Status
Not open for further replies.