Finished Mafia XLVIII: Motfia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Regarding Gekki:

Gekki says that TE is not new, reasoning with the 2 past mafia games, which isn't particularly weird. The tipping point was using Discord mafia to further justify this, which is weird, because Gekki would know that forum mafia and Discord mafia are very different.
Another weird thing is that he claims TE is the only semi-valid lynch option, as justification. That firstly shouldn't prevent Gekki from looking elsewhere! Besides, I've pointed out how both Jade and quaking have also been weird, which Gekki could have focused on instead, which is why I say TE is an easy choice.
The final weird thing which I noticed recently is that Gekki was the first responder to TE's claim thing, yet only now decides to vote him for it.

I also am feeling deja vu.

@Lord o da rings Do you think Gekki is actually mafia? Or just playing weird/scummy?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I've played many a game of IRL Mafia/Werewolf, and I can say that, at with the people that I play with, that mass claiming does happen often fairly early.
Well now it's possible it wasn't a joke, and he drew his massclaim inspiration from this. So yeah, this isn't a scumtell either way.
@Lord o da rings Do you think Gekki is actually mafia? Or just playing weird/scummy?
Of course not actually mafia yet. Still a bit early to mark him down as my definitive scum read, but I think this is the best place to put my vote for the time being.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
##UNVOTE

TE doesn't need to give "reasons for bb being weird" because of the context: I said "TE is... interesting" and then he votes me with a "no you are". That's all there is to it.
I guess you're right.

I still don't understand why I'm being scumread for trying to move past RVS, though. :L

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Sorry, I just may randomly not be able to post at random times so I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be modkilled.

Ok, so the reason I see gekki as scummy is because therer are a couple of random votes for him and all of a sudden he blows up sortof. Then he says that the new guy is not actually new and votes for him because that is scummy for some reason. Yeah so that's what I think.
A. They aren't random
B. I didn't blow up
C. He isn't new as in this is his first game

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Regarding Gekki:

Gekki says that TE is not new, reasoning with the 2 past mafia games, which isn't particularly weird. The tipping point was using Discord mafia to further justify this, which is weird, because Gekki would know that forum mafia and Discord mafia are very different.
Another weird thing is that he claims TE is the only semi-valid lynch option, as justification. That firstly shouldn't prevent Gekki from looking elsewhere! Besides, I've pointed out how both Jade and quaking have also been weird, which Gekki could have focused on instead, which is why I say TE is an easy choice.
The final weird thing which I noticed recently is that Gekki was the first responder to TE's claim thing, yet only now decides to vote him for it.

I also am feeling deja vu.

Did I say I wasn't looking elsewhere? The claim thing isn't the main reason I voted for him, and Discord Mafia is still mafia experience, even if it is way different. I don't see instances of Jade or Quaking being weird but I may be missing something.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
The basics of the games are the same.
Everything else is not. Activity levels, people playing (with very different styles of playing), metas, etc. Every single site out there has different ways of playing the game. I hadn't really understood that until playing on those sites. Mafia is a very different experience on all of them, it shocks me that you don't think the same.

Now before we lead this conversation into useless banter about the differences of Mafia on different sites, I'm turning in for the night. Will take a look at all of this in the morning.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Everything else is not. Activity levels, people playing (with very different styles of playing), metas, etc. Every single site out there has different ways of playing the game. I hadn't really understood that until playing on those sites. Mafia is a very different experience on all of them, it shocks me that you don't think the same.

Now before we lead this conversation into useless banter about the differences of Mafia on different sites, I'm turning in for the night. Will take a look at all of this in the morning.
I mean, I play very similarly on all of them. Each site has their own little differences.

Also, same here. I need rest.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Ooh bb is asking only a specific person a question.

I'm feeling deja Vu.

I bet quaking remembers this.
I don't remember this, so could you explain please? ^.^

Of course not actually mafia yet. Still a bit early to mark him down as my definitive scum read, but I think this is the best place to put my vote for the time being.
I am just seeing this all to be very similar to last game: Gekki was scummy/was townier then got too aggressive/was somewhat logically inconsistent, yet he flipped town.

Did I say I wasn't looking elsewhere?
Yup, you said something like "the only semi-viable vote" was TE, which implies you weren't looking that hard.

The claim thing isn't the main reason I voted for him, and Discord Mafia is still mafia experience, even if it is way different.
What was the main reason then? The bolded is weird, because you respond with "TE is not new" whenever I'm saying that TE is acting like a new player (and so those 'scumtells' are not tells), yet you acknowledge that Discord mafia is way different to forum mafia. So, TE is effectively "new".

I don't see instances of Jade or Quaking being weird but I may be missing something.
The first sentence of your post suggests that you've been looking elsewhere, whereas this part shows that you haven't. Which is it?

I mean, I play very similarly on all of them. Each site has their own little differences.
Nope, each site has their own HUGE differences. Especially the other site that I play on. Eitherway, it is also weird that in your experience, people play similarly across sites, because by that logic, TE is playing similarly to the other sites he played, and so it doesn't make sense for you to think that the claiming could be scummy.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Fixed version:
Did I say I wasn't looking elsewhere?
Yup, you said something like "the only semi-viable vote" was TE, which implies you weren't looking that hard.

The claim thing isn't the main reason I voted for him, and Discord Mafia is still mafia experience, even if it is way different.
What was the main reason then? The bolded is weird, because you respond with "TE is not new" whenever I'm saying that TE is acting like a new player (and so those 'scumtells' are not tells), yet you acknowledge that Discord mafia is way different to forum mafia. So, TE is effectively "new".

I don't see instances of Jade or Quaking being weird but I may be missing something.
The first sentence of your post suggests that you've been looking elsewhere, whereas this part shows that you haven't. Which is it?

Nope, each site has their own HUGE differences. Especially the other site that I play on. Eitherway, it is also weird that in your experience, people play similarly across sites, because by that logic, TE is playing similarly to the other sites he played, and so it doesn't make sense for you to think that the claiming could be scummy.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Also just putting it out there: I will be expecting thoughts on Gekki and TE from everyone, and if you notice anything weird on anyone else, you can have a cookie slice of cake! :>

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
How do you know we'll be waiting for a response?
From general experience with new players, especially those getting pressured a lot. There are three probable scenarios: TE would have responded immediately (if he was online around that time), he will respond within the next 8ish hours, or will not respond and disappear from the game entirely. Hopefully not the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.