SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

FossilJockeyMG

Pokémon Paleontologist
I wonder if we can expect type variant Arceus in the future? Given that we are seeing type variants of other pokémon, I'd like to see some type variant Arceus that can use Trinity Star with different types.

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I`d play this in any water deck (probably Ninetales/Glaceon) and add in a Steam Siege Galvantula, who for 1 colorless energy can do 30 damage to 2 of your opponents pokemon. It fits perfectly!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Ok, I get how Arceus is the "God/Creator" of the Pokemon world, and he created that universe, but as a Christian I find the name of the ability very sacrilegious. I have never found anything that Pokemon has related to God, sacrilegious, but this for some reason really bugs me. My comfort though is Nintendo said Arceus isn't a God, people just portray him that way.

My bias aside the card is pretty good and could be the new Rainbow Road engine after Xerneas rotates. Shove a Choice Band on the Arceus, and you don't have a terrible main attacker, with pretty good HP.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Just putting this out there. I am a Christian, but in no way is pokemon anti-christ. In the game or otherwise, there were no religions around any of the pokemon that were revered. No one even said any of them were their god. The attack Trinity Burst doesnt bother me since Trinity also means Three. The ability should be changed because there is already a ton of controversey in the catholic and christian communities about Pokemon already. Pokemon never affected my faith as it is an innocent franchise and is not made to be blasphemous.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
I hate to break it to you guys, but I don't think the First Commandment in the Bible is "Thou shalt not affect Arceus with thy attacks."

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Glad to see there going to do more prism stars in future. But as usually Arceus doesn't really get anything to contribute to overall gameplay in any deck expect for fun.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
The ten commandments aren't even really very christian. Depending on how you interpret the new covenant of Jesus, they can be anywhere from moderately useful guides to living to completely defunct.

Even then, using minor religious iconography (A commandment is literally just an order. The fact that its most common usage is christian doesn't change that) that the religion does not explicitly disallow that also offers no negative view of the original religion isn't sacrilegious.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
The ten commandments aren't even really very christian. Depending on how you interpret the new covenant of Jesus, they can be anywhere from moderately useful guides to living to completely defunct.

Even then, using minor religious iconography (A commandment is literally just an order. The fact that its most common usage is christian doesn't change that) that the religion does not explicitly disallow that also offers no negative view of the original religion isn't sacrilegious.
I get what you are saying, but the First Commandment's most common use as Christian is exactly why the ability name needs to be changed. Pokemon may not mean it to be sacrilegious, but it is to many people, so Pokemon needs to be sensitive to the beliefs of other people. This reminds me of another card that had a similar issue. Do you know that the Shining Legends Incineroar's first attack, Profane Punch, is named God Damn Punch in Japan? That name is extremely offensive to many people in America, which is why in the English set, the attack name was changed.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Ok, I get how Arceus is the "God/Creator" of the Pokemon world, and he created that universe, but as a Christian I find the name of the ability very sacrilegious. I have never found anything that Pokemon has related to God, sacrilegious, but this for some reason really bugs me. My comfort though is Nintendo said Arceus isn't a God, people just portray him that way.

My bias aside the card is pretty good and could be the new Rainbow Road engine after Xerneas rotates. Shove a Choice Band on the Arceus, and you don't have a terrible main attacker, with pretty good HP.
I agree the same about people and Arceus

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
Has a lot of potential in some decks with the new Escape Board card. Gives it free retreat ( lessens retreat costs by 1) and I wonder if the ability applies while it's on the bench too. If so, that would be great for that would mean that it would be protected from damage counters while on the bench, but not damage from attacks though