Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: January 2018 - Grass Types ~ Update: Image-Based Finally Up!

My entry
Shiinotic GX – Fairy – HP210
Stage 1 – Evolves from Morelull

756.gif

Ability: Effect Spore
During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon is damaged by an attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out flip a coin. If heads, choose 1 Special Condition. The Defending Pokémon is now affected by that Special Condition.

[Y][C][C] Strength Sap 20x.
This attack does 20 damage for each of your Pokémon in play. Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[Y][Y][C] Hypnosis GX: 150 damage
Your opponent can't play any cards from their hand during their next turn. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Metal (x2) Resistance: Darkness (-20) Retreat: [C]
It emits flickering spores that cause drowsiness. When its prey succumb to sleep, this Pokémon feeds on them by sucking in their energy
Amoongus (PLS)
Zoroark GX (SLG)
Alolan Golem GX (CRI)
Turtonator GX (GRI)
Palossand (SUM)

Unfortunately, as I am now back on Volunteer duties, I am unable to participate in the contest this time round, but good luck to all those taking part.

Black and White era card.

Whimsicott - HP 90 - Grass
Stage 1 - Evolves from Cottonee
No. 547 / Windveiled Pokémon / Ht: 2'04" / WT: 14.6 lbs.

Ability: Alone on the Wind
If you have no Benched Pokémon, ignore all Energy in the attack cost of this Pokémon's attacks.

[G][G][C][C] Cotton Guard - 60
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: [R] (x2)
Resistance: [W] (-20)
Retreat Cost: 0
Like the wind, it can slip through any gap, no matter how small. It leaves balls of white fluff behind.

References: Yanmega STS 7, Galvantula BLW 46, Whimsicott EPO 11
The particular wording on Cotton Guard allows you to survive against Blastoise/Kyurem, and occasionally Rayquaza if you can hit a Keldeo, without making it totally invincible against the Darkrais and Cobalions of the world. All in all it was a fun gimmick I came up with for an entirely foreign version of the TCG where it is somewhat expected that you'll have times where you don't have any Benched Pokémon. I can't see it being a fully function deck on its own, but it could be a good tech card to wall some parts of the format in truly irritating fashion.

Basic Budew HP30[G]

Ability Leaf Guard
This Pokémon takes 10 less damage from attacks for each Basic [G] Energy in your discard pile.

[G] Budding
Put a Stage 2 card in your hand onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, your opponent may search their deck for a card and put it into their hand, and shuffle their deck.

[G][G] Helicopter Leaf 30
Discard all [G] Energy from this Pokémon. Then, put 1 of your Benched Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C]
Pokédex: Over the winter, it closes its bud and endures the cold. In spring, the bud opens and releases pollen.
Height: 0'08" Weight: 2.6 lbs #406 Bud Pokémon
Necrozma-GX BUS63, Golisopod GRI9, Sylveon-GX GRI92, Acerola BUS112, Rare Candy SUM129, Brooklet Hill GRI120
Hope everyone likes it, and I can't wait to see the other amazing entries! :)

My Entry: Shining Kartana
vp1y4Va.jpg

References: Klefki STS, Persian BUS, Head Ringer

Last edited:
Here’s my entry

Basic-Skiddo- HP 60 (G)

Height: 2’ 11’ Weight: 68.3 lbs. #672 Mount pokemon

(G) Seed bomb 20
Chose 2 of your opponents benched pokemon. This attack dose 10 damage to each pokemon.

(C) (C) Milk drink
Heal 30 damage from this pokemon.

Weakness: (R) X2
Resistance:
Pokédex: Calm and gentle, Skiddo have been side by side with people for many generations. They can create entry via photosynthesis.

My first nine GX! I used my new pokemon book to help me make it. Thanks to everyone else for helping remember how to make the card. I chose it because, well it was the first grass type pokemon I found. Also, it’s cute.
P.S. I just edited what is said, not the card. I swear on the river Styx (Greek river)

Sceptile GX - Grass - HP 240
Stage 2 - Evolves from Grovyle

Ability: Overgrow
If this Pokémon has 12 or more damage counters on it, it's attacks do 80 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (Before applying Weakness and Resistance )

[G][G] Grass Knot 40x
This attack does 40 damage for each [C] in your opponent's Active Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

[C][C][C] Full Blown Impact GX 220
This Pokémon does 120 damage to itself (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game )

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]
The Idea for me this month was to make a card that supports itself like Lurantis GX and Meganium (BKP). You would want to use the GX attack soon and use Grass Knot as a glass canon once Overgrow is activated.

Back