Discussion Metal in Expanded

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! So with some expanded regionals coming up, I was looking at various decks and thought, how would metal decks like solgaleo or baby DM Necrozma do in the expanded format once ultra prism hits. What do you guys think? Will they make a big showing in the upcoming expanded regionals? I personally think because of all the support and consistency ultra prism will provide, we might see quite a few show up. I personally am debating whether to try a solgaleo gx deck. Can't wait to hear what opinions you all have!

I've been toying around with a Silvally GX + DM Necrozma deck but I'm not sure it'll be good enough. I certainly think things will be interesting and I think Mt. Coronett & Battle Compressor is really neat.

Because of how fast paced expanded is, I doubt that vanilla Solgaleo will be great here. DW Necrozma on the other hand has great potential being a basic. There's Bronzong from PHF, that lets you attach a basic Metal Energy from the discard pile to one of your benched Pokemon. Have a couple of those out, a DW Necrozma with a Float Stone(or Keldeo EX), and you can power up Dusk Mane on the bench and frequently OHKO stuff with ease.

Because of how fast paced expanded is, I doubt that vanilla Solgaleo will be great here. DW Necrozma on the other hand has great potential being a basic. There's Bronzong from PHF, that lets you attach a basic Metal Energy from the discard pile to one of your benched Pokemon. Have a couple of those out, a DW Necrozma with a Float Stone(or Keldeo EX), and you can power up Dusk Mane on the bench and frequently OHKO stuff with ease.
I assume then that stage 2 pokemon probably won't make a big showing because of the speed at which expanded goes? Is baby DM necrozma the only one that can keep up? Or would there be other possibilities that come up because of all the support? (Sorry for all the questions!)

I've been toying around with a Silvally GX + DM Necrozma deck but I'm not sure it'll be good enough. I certainly think things will be interesting and I think Mt. Coronett & Battle Compressor is really neat.
I know silvally has a great ability for basics, but without a metal memory (at least one doesnt exist yet that I'm aware of) is silvally mainly for the ability?

I know silvally has a great ability for basics, but without a metal memory (at least one doesnt exist yet that I'm aware of) is silvally mainly for the ability?
Yeah originally I had it in the deck because it could attack and get back energy from our discard. As well as being a back up attacker using Psychic or Fighting memory. I concluded that Bronzong would be a great inclusion in the deck too and it made me reconsider how to approach the deck since.

Still convinced there IS something there, but I'd have to toy around with it a bit more.

You don't need Metal Memory though. If it did exist, it would serve no purpose, because you already have Metal attackers.

Back