SM5+ 'Ultra Force' Releasing in January!

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
It's a good one or two-of in Empoleon. Glaceon isn't your greatest matchup, and Koko kind of just backhands you, and you should already be playing Counter Energy in Empoleon. I Don't see Crasher Wake helping in the slightest, since I would think Empoleon wouldn't play more than 7 basic Water, so getting 2 of them, AND Wake in your hand all at the same time seem pretty unlikely. Then again, with all the consistency this format has to offer, I could easily be proven wrong as easily as I can be proven right.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
magnazone doesn't work with empoleon, registeel could work but mainly when you have piplups in play, with the water one we'll have crasher blake and aqua patch so...

This was mostly do disprove the statement that metal has no acceleration. Registeel/magnezone arent good with metal empoleon really, i was just talking about the amount of energy acceleration has.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
I think the Water version is still superior, having access to the new Crasher Wake Supporter and Aqua Patch. Plus, a weakness to Lightning is way better than Fire in our current format.

If you're running the Steel variant, it might be neat to run one copy of the Water-type along with Counter Energy just in case you run into a Fire deck.
You would be losing out on damage, but you could just attach the Metal Frying Pan to that Empoleon. That way, it has no weakness and takes 30 less damage, putting it up at 190 for a one-shot.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Your Honor? Thank you for the high status, young nobleman.

The issue is, it's your supporter for the turn to do it, if this was an item or Pokemon ability (preferably a water type's ability) then it would be OP.
There are just too many other good uses for your supporter for the turn than to use Wake.
Your honor, I can see what you mean about the one supporter per turn issue, and I can see that as a predicament to be feared. However, instead of playing Sycamore or N or the upcoming Cynthia to try and draw what you need, you can use Wake to find any two cards you need flawlessly instead of gambling with Sycamore and the like. If you don’t need anything in particular, sure, use N and Sycamore. But in a clutch moment, Wake can win the game. Need a Field Blower to discard a Fighting Fury Belt to hit KO? Wake. Need a Choice Band to hit for KO? Wake. In clutch moments and pivot moments, Wake does lots, but when strobe searching, Sycamore and N help more. It all depends on situation, but I think water decks should alWAKEs keep a Wake or two handy.
PUNS!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Gardy: *Digging*

Me: Hey Gardy what'cha doing?

Gardy: Digging my own grave.

Me: Wh-, Oh.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Your honor, I can see what you mean about the one supporter per turn issue, and I can see that as a predicament to be feared. However, instead of playing Sycamore or N or the upcoming Cynthia to try and draw what you need, you can use Wake to find any two cards you need flawlessly instead of gambling with Sycamore and the like. If you don’t need anything in particular, sure, use N and Sycamore. But in a clutch moment, Wake can win the game. Need a Field Blower to discard a Fighting Fury Belt to hit KO? Wake. Need a Choice Band to hit for KO? Wake. In clutch moments and pivot moments, Wake does lots, but when strobe searching, Sycamore and N help more. It all depends on situation, but I think water decks should alWAKEs keep a Wake or two handy.
PUNS!

Young Nobleman, I also see your point however, he can only be used as a water tech, as I don't believe you can use Rainbow Energy, as 2 Water to use this card's ability, and if you can, well that's another story altogether.

If you can't use 2 Rainbow for discard, this card has an extremely limited amount of use.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Young Nobleman, I also see your point however, he can only be used as a water tech, as I don't believe you can use Rainbow Energy, as 2 Water to use this card's ability, and if you can, well that's another story altogether.

If you can't use 2 Rainbow for discard, this card has an extremely limited amount of use.
Rainbow Energy only counts as every type of Energy while attached to a Pokemon. Same goes for Splash Energy, so neither of them work with Wake.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Metal Empoleon - 4 Geodudes. Beside of having a good attack that KOs everything if both parties have full bench, it got access to Registeel, Mt. Coronet, and Dhelmise, but not as great as the Water One. The Water one has Wake and Aqua Patch, and Brooket Hill (well for the Piplups).

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
This makes me so mad. They broke Gardy, so now they're throwing metal support everywhere, even to the point where they have to use a FRYING PAN. In trying to control Gardy, they're breaking metal, and if Pokemon isn't careful, they're going to have to get some fire out there. Unless, of course, metal is shielding themselves with their cooking utensils. o_O As for the Empoleon, it's just awesome. Except for typing.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
I'm hoping that, even with all the support, Gardevoir tops SOMETHING major, just to show TPCi that trying to shove a bunch of anti-support against an arguable BDIF is not how you balance a game.

...I'm also bitter because I just built Gardevoir not that long ago, but I'll pretend that I'm not.

-Asmer

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
magnazone doesn't work with empoleon, registeel could work but mainly when you have piplups in play, with the water one we'll have crasher blake and aqua patch so...

... Why would it matter if it's Piplups or Empoleons? Registeel doesn't care either way as long as you're attaching basic M energy. Aqua Patch and Blake are good, no one is arguing that, but to say metal doesn't have acceleration is a bit silly.