News 'Lucario-GX Box' in February!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Strong Energy + Choice Band + Fighting Stadium = 120 + 20 + 30 + 20 = 190 for 1 Energy.

Nice.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Looks like it might say Cantankerous Beatdown GX, but my CSI skills aren't as good as yours.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Looks like Corkscrew Beatdown to me.

Also, this card is extremely disappointing.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Oh 90 more damage. I read that as 30 more damage xD. Still not super great but better lol.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
I'm staring at that Ancient Origins pack and it's staring right back.

Looks alright, nothing to write home about. Still waiting to see Blacephalon-GX so I can scheme with it and Volc.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, reminds me of Golisopod-GX a lot. Hits Zoroark-GX for weakness which is really quite important. Pairs up alright with Lycanroc-GX Or if you really hate Dogs, pair it with Golisopod-GX with Rainbow Energys for some anti-meta shenanigans. I like it.

Last edited:

SucyX

A Legit Seed
First attack is interesting but is still garbage Golisopod is better if you want a attack like that and Lucario is my most hated pokemon so I'm happy it's trash.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Lucario-GX - for F can OHKO Fighting-weak Pokémon on T1. Not as strong as Jet Punh but it can be adjust Choice Band and Strong Energy is enough to smash Lele in the face. The second atk is fine but too expensive, still the dmg. is adjustable 1 Strong Energy and Choice Band still smash Lele in the face. But if you plan to 2HKO anything, Acerola and Guzma is everywhere. Tauros never seen play because of Drampa, and it doesn't hit relevant weakness, after GRI hits, none of the players saw Tauros on the top cuts, maybe Tauros' GX atk saw play because it hits relevant weakness. 4 Geodudes

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
It felt a bit underwhelming at first, but I think this has more going for it than I initially thought.

Fighting-types have the bonus of being able to boost their damage more than any other type at the moment, thanks to Strong Energy and Regirock EX, and that's before factoring in Choice Band.

Aura Strike with a Strong Energy, Choice Band, and a Regirock EX on the bench does 180 damage. 180 for one energy is amazing. You also OHKO the biggest Pokémon in the format right now, Zoroark GX. That's relevant.

Your opponent also has to play around it's GX attack, otherwise you're getting a guaranteed OHKO on something.

Chaining it with Acerola could make this very viable.

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer
The second attack and GX attacks are literally just attacks from basic GXs, but on a Stage 1. Doing 120 for just one F is nice but you'd need Devolution Spray to get it off consistently, making it essentially a worse Golisopod-GX. Still I wouldn't be surprised to see it in play if that Garchomp/Lucario deck takes off (like a 3-2-1 line of Riolu/ULP Lucario/Lucario-GX, just nice to have as a backup attacker and you obviously already play Riolu)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I think people are underestimating this card. I mean, the first attack, can one-hit Tapu Lele-GX without too many resources, and the GX attack can make opponents very hesitant about attacking it. The 3rd move is also quite stackable, with all the fighting support we have. Brooklet Hill also makes it quite easy to get out and set up everything.

Never undersell a card that just came out!

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
I think people are underestimating this card. I mean, the first attack, can one-hit Tapu Lele-GX without too many resources, and the GX attack can make opponents very hesitant about attacking it. The 3rd move is also quite stackable, with all the fighting support we have. Brooklet Hill also makes it quite easy to get out and set up everything.

Never undersell a card that just came out!
i think your underestimating that this card isnt that good, the card was designed to be sold to people, not be used in a strategy, most cards that came out in these elite boxes are rarely good, or used.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
The first attack can one-shot Zoroark-GX and Tapu Lele-GX for one (Strong) Energy and can be easily activated with Acerola and/or by simply not evolving your Riolus until you need to. The GX attack is great in a two-shot format. It pairs well with either Garbodor or Lycanroc-GX/Zoroark-GX.

All in all, a few months from now, we'll be complaining about how ridiculously broken Lucario-GX is and how it definitely needs to be banned. I give it 8.5 Farfetch'd's.