• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Why do you, @FrostBiter12 run 3 Bridgette?

I'm still testing it out, but I run three so I have more of a chance to get turn one Brigette without a Tapu Lele GX (mainly in preparation for Glaceon GX). With three, it happens quite often, just like getting a N in your hand turn one. Since I play Zoroark GX, I have the ability to discard it when I don't need it as well. Unfortunately, I have been missing a seconded Field Blower (since I removed one for the third Brigette) and a few people in my area do play Garbodor, so I'll probably go back to two Brigette and two Field Blower. Once Glaceon GX is released though, I'll probably have to add in the third Brigette again (since I can't use Tapu Lele GX). Hope this answers your question!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I'm still testing it out, but I run three so I have more of a chance to get turn one Brigette without a Tapu Lele GX (mainly in preparation for Glaceon GX). With three, it happens quite often, just like getting a N in your hand turn one. Since I play Zoroark GX, I have the ability to discard it when I don't need it as well. Unfortunately, I have been missing a seconded Field Blower (since I removed one for the third Brigette) and a few people in my area do play Garbodor, so I'll probably go back to two Brigette and two Field Blower. Once Glaceon GX is released though, I'll probably have to add in the third Brigette again (since I can't use Tapu Lele GX). Hope this answers your question!
I dont really like the way tcgi is going with the new cards. Gardy is broke, Glaceon is broken, its all too overpowered. Are you going to run Leafeon GX when it comes out?

FrostBiter12

So currently I'm playing an exact copy of the European 12th place list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 2 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 4 Rowlet SUM 9
* 2 Dartrix SUM 10
* 4 Decidueye-GX SUM 12
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Evosoda GEN 62
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 3 Rare Candy PLB 85
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 7

* 3 Grass Energy 1
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

definitely some tweaks I wanna make to this, but some inclusions that I love and would recommend:
  • Evosoda - so, so good. Amazing to help get those evolution's out you don't wanna discard for Ultra Ball. Love it in this deck.
  • Mewtwo EVO - I don't play baby Zoro, so I'm often using this card against Hoopa and baby A Ninetales. 2 feather arrow + Mewtwo against a fully powered Hoopa or Ninetales
  • 3 Field blower - also really loving this. Just super consistent against Garb and such.
Loving this deck and hoping these ideas can help ^w^
Probably post my own thread soon with my fully tweaked list

~Jade

Cool, this is an Evosoda version right? I haven't tried it out, so I don't know how well it works compared to the Puzzle of Time version, but I'd be interested in hearing how it works. I think (personal opinion here) that you could afford to remove one Field Blower due to the drop in Garbodor's popularity at the moment and add in another Evosoda for consistency. I personally like Puzzle of Time, so maybe that is a card that you could try out in your list. Anyways nice list! I hope my suggestions help, just let me know what you think. Thanks!

By the way, don't know if you already know this, but you would require one more Feather Arrow on the (SHL) Hoopa with the (EVO) Mewtwo due to Hoopa having [P] resistance (20 {base damage for Mewtwo}+60 {energy attached to Hoopa}+40 {Feather Arrow}-20 {Resistance}=100 {20 short on 120 HP Hoopa}).

FrostBiter12

I dont really like the way tcgi is going with the new cards. Gardy is broke, Glaceon is broken, its all too overpowered. Are you going to run Leafeon GX when it comes out?

Yeah, I agree, though you forgot to mention Solgaleo GX and Luxio (Item Lock in the current Standard Format!?!?). Anyways, Leafeon GX is a cool idea, but space is a little tight (even with a 1-1 line) and I would put Leafeon GX in a completely different deck that focuses more on Decidueye GX and doesn't even include Zoroark GX. Maybe throw in a Cherrium (ULP) to remove weakness as well. Just a funky idea, but back to the point, I probably wouldn't try to find room for Leafeon GX. I'd rather use Hollow Hunt GX since it works with the strategy a little better anyways. I can try it out though to see if it does work, never hurts to try!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Yeah, I agree, though you forgot to mention Solgaleo GX and Luxio (Item Lock in the current Standard Format!?!?). Anyways, Leafeon GX is a cool idea, but space is a little tight (even with a 1-1 line) and I would put Leafeon GX in a completely different deck that focuses more on Decidueye GX and doesn't even include Zoroark GX. Maybe throw in a Cherrium (ULP) to remove weakness as well. Just a funky idea, but back to the point, I probably wouldn't try to find room for Leafeon GX. I'd rather use Hollow Hunt GX since it works with the strategy a little better anyways. I can try it out though to see if it does work, never hurts to try!
It's abilility can be useful too, if you attach a float stone to it and use guzma.

FrostBiter12

It's abilility can be useful too, if you attach a float stone to it and use guzma.

I guess that's a plus, in that case I can remove Max Potion for it. Leafeon GX having to be in the active though is somewhat a pain since I only play two Guzma (not to mention one Float Stone) and I'd have to waste Puzzle of Time to get more of them if I want it. That is a lot of cards for one combo (especially one that only heals 50 damage), but then again, I do play Puzzle of Time (which is combo required card in itself). I honestly think that Max Potion is better, but it's worth a shot!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I guess that's a plus, in that case I can remove Max Potion for it. Leafeon GX having to be in the active though is somewhat a pain since I only play two Guzma (not to mention one Float Stone) and I'd have to waste Puzzle of Time to get more of them if I want it. That is a lot of cards for one combo (especially one that only heals 50 damage), but then again, I do play Puzzle of Time (which is combo required card in itself). I honestly think that Max Potion is better, but it's worth a shot!
maybe you could run a couple of extra float stones, because you need first turn free retreat for leafeon GX

FrostBiter12

maybe you could run a couple of extra float stones, because you need first turn free retreat for leafeon GX

I think that space is currently to tight to fit in more Float Stones, but if you have any ideas as to what I can remove just let me know. Thanks!

lukas2aces

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The more I think about a 1-1 Eevee-Leafeon line, the more I think it could make sense. I'm not saying it would, but it could. I requires some testing to be sure.

It would be perfect after a turn 1 Brigette to set-up, and I think using a Leafeon line could - in my deck - replace 1 or two Rare Candy.

I think I would run a 4-3-4 Decidueye line then with 1 Rare Candy (just because I can get Rare Candy - Decidueye combination with Mallow), maybe even 4-4-4, a 1-1 Eevee - Leafeon line and some Evosoda's.

Hmm.. Excited!

FrostBiter12

The more I think about a 1-1 Eevee-Leafeon line, the more I think it could make sense. I'm not saying it would, but it could. I requires some testing to be sure.

It would be perfect after a turn 1 Brigette to set-up, and I think using a Leafeon line could - in my deck - replace 1 or two Rare Candy.

I think I would run a 4-3-4 Decidueye line then with 1 Rare Candy (just because I can get Rare Candy - Decidueye combination with Mallow), maybe even 4-4-4, a 1-1 Eevee - Leafeon line and some Evosoda's.

Hmm.. Excited!

Cool, let us know how it goes!

FrostBiter12

Hey everyone, don't know if you've already seen it, but Caleb Gedemer has posted an article on Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX in the News section and I'm glad to see that it has been doing well. Unfortunately, it isn't the Puzzle of Time version, but it is a Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX deck none the less. Hope it makes a showing in Memphis Regionals!