• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Silver Box for Memphis

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
first of all this list is HIGHLY based on the one that got 2nd at EUIC :/ All suggestions are appreciated.

Pokemon: 16
3x Type: Null CRI
3x Silvally GX CRI
1x Kartana GX CRI
1x Oranguru SUM
2x Registeel CRI
2x Celesteela GX Promo
3x Tapu Lele GX GRI
1x Cobalion STS

Trainers: 30
1x Psychic Memory
4x Max Elixir
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
3x Guzma
3x Choice Band
2x Acerola
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
2x Fighting Memory
1x Brigette
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 14
10x [M]
4x Double Colorless Energy

Once again any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
first of all this list is HIGHLY based on the one that got 2nd at EUIC :/ All suggestions are appreciated.

Pokemon: 15
3x Type: Null CRI
3x Silvally GX CRI
1x Kartana GX CRI
1x Oranguru SUM
2x Registeel CRI
2x Celesteela GX Promo
3x Tapu Lele GX GRI

Trainers: 31
2x Psychic Memory
4x Max Elixir
4x Ultra Ball
2x Field Blower
3x Guzma
3x Choice Band
2x Acerola
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
2x Fighting Memory
1x Brigette
1x Rescue Stretcher

Energy: 14
10x [M]
4x Double Colorless Energy

The only change I made to the original was
-1 Genesect EX FCO
-1 Dhelmise GRI
+2 Psychic Memory

Once again any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

First of all, good luck in Memphis, let us know how you do with this list! Anyways, my only question is why would you play Psychic Memory? There isn't really any Pokémon you'd have an option of hitting weakness with, so is there another reason for playing it? If not, I suggest you throw the Dhelmise back in and another Brigette (if not that, then another Metal Energy). Let me know what you think and good luck!

First of all, good luck in Memphis, let us know how you do with this list! Anyways, my only question is why would you play Psychic Memory? There isn't really any Pokémon you'd have an option of hitting weakness with, so is there another reason for playing it? If not, I suggest you throw the Dhelmise back in and another Brigette (if not that, then another Metal Energy). Let me know what you think and good luck!
I'm just scared for Buzzwole, especially because it feels like everyone's just sleeping on it. They took out the Mime and stuff because it only got 1 Top 8 at EUIC, so it could easily come back

I'm just scared for Buzzwole, especially because it feels like everyone's just sleeping on it. They took out the Mime and stuff because it only got 1 Top 8 at EUIC, so it could easily come back

Oh, sure I didn't think of that. In that case, if you feel that Buzzwole GX will make a big showing, I'd stick with the Psychic Memories. Personally though, I'd take out one for at least on of the cards mentioned above since by the time you have a charged up Silvally GX, you can also start piling energy onto another attacker (mainly Celesteela GX). Also because Psychic Memory doesn't do anything in any other matchup, but just my preference. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Oh, sure I didn't think of that. In that case, if you feel that Buzzwole GX will make a big showing, I'd stick with the Psychic Memories. Personally though, I'd take out one for at least on of the cards mentioned above since by the time you have a charged up Silvally GX, you can also start piling energy onto another attacker (mainly Celesteela GX). Also because Psychic Memory doesn't do anything in any other matchup, but just my preference. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!
I'll think about it. Though I would be short on Brigettes :/So I guess if I do that I'll add back Dhelmise

Something Zachary Krekeler should've included was Cobalion STS. A Metal and a Max Elixir does massive damage late game. With a Choice Band and your opponent having 2 remaining prizes, you slap for 180 and force the 7 prize game. It also pressures your opponent to play Guzmas early. Don't be too scared of Buzzwole, the real problem in that matchup is Lycanroc. An early game GX takes 2 prizes and one shots your energy acceleraters, which, if you don't bench, punishes you because you have to rely on Max Elixir to set energy up if you Don't want to fall behind on prizes

Something Zachary Krekeler should've included was Cobalion STS. A Metal and a Max Elixir does massive damage late game. With a Choice Band and your opponent having 2 remaining prizes, you slap for 180 and force the 7 prize game. It also pressures your opponent to play Guzmas early. Don't be too scared of Buzzwole, the real problem in that matchup is Lycanroc. An early game GX takes 2 prizes and one shots your energy acceleraters, which, if you don't bench, punishes you because you have to rely on Max Elixir to set energy up if you Don't want to fall behind on prizes
How would I counter Lycanroc? Maybe Shining Genesect? I do like your Cobalion suggestion, I'll 100% find space for that.

How would I counter Lycanroc? Maybe Shining Genesect? I do like your Cobalion suggestion, I'll 100% find space for that.

Only thing I can think of is taking out the Rockruffs early or limiting your bench space (which is painful, I know) until you get rid of Lycanroc GX. Maybe you could throw in a Enhanced Hammer to buy you some time until you get rid of the major threats (which works in other matches as well)?

Only thing I can think of is taking out the Rockruffs early or limiting your bench space (which is painful, I know) until you get rid of Lycanroc GX. Maybe you could throw in a Enhanced Hammer to buy you some time until you get rid of the major threats (which works in other matches as well)?
If I ever need Hammer, I'll just use Kartana

If I ever need Hammer, I'll just use Kartana

I keep missing things like that, guess I'm not used to Metal Silvally GX just yet. Anyways, I'll keep brainstorming until I find something, another option would be Silvally GX's GX move, but the drawback is weakness of course.

I can't think of a way to really counter Lycanroc. You're a senior, right? If so, I doubt Buzzwole/ Lycanroc will be popular in that division. Volcanion is another thing to worry about other than Lycanroc, since it OHKOs your metal guys. Something for Lycanroc could be Stardust Jirachi, since that deck plays on hardcore special Energy reliance, and if they Guzma, they can't KO that Jirachi without 2HKOing it with Buzzwole, and if they do that, Silvally with a Psychic Memory OHKOs, putting THEM at a disadvantage. Granted, they could come up with another Buzzwole, and revenge kill for 3 prizes, so that isn't fun. They could also time a Bloddthirsty Eyes really well and double switch you Jirachi to bring it to the active while getting rid of the effect. Shining Genesect is a terrible idea for this matchup because 1. It fails to OHKO, and 2. It gets KO'd. You could play a Necrozma GX like Israel Sosa, since it also helps in the Volcanion matchup, Zoroark/ Golisopod, and the mirror

I can't think of a way to really counter Lycanroc. You're a senior, right? If so, I doubt Buzzwole/ Lycanroc will be popular in that division. Volcanion is another thing to worry about other than Lycanroc, since it OHKOs your metal guys. Something for Lycanroc could be Stardust Jirachi, since that deck plays on hardcore special Energy reliance, and if they Guzma, they can't KO that Jirachi without 2HKOing it with Buzzwole, and if they do that, Silvally with a Psychic Memory OHKOs, putting THEM at a disadvantage. Granted, they could come up with another Buzzwole, and revenge kill for 3 prizes, so that isn't fun. They could also time a Bloddthirsty Eyes really well and double switch you Jirachi to bring it to the active while getting rid of the effect. Shining Genesect is a terrible idea for this matchup because 1. It fails to OHKO, and 2. It gets KO'd. You could play a Necrozma GX like Israel Sosa, since it also helps in the Volcanion matchup, Zoroark/ Golisopod, and the mirror
I like Necrozma, now to find space for him

3 Lele should be plenty in addition to your existing draw power, so drop Oranguru for Necrozma. It's probably better to have a heavy array of attackers on your bench anyway. Don't put the Anchor back in, It's not very good. 10 damage is mediocre when you either OHKO or don't OHKO under either circumstance.

Last edited:
3 Of me should be plenty in addition to your existing draw power, so drop Oranguru for Necrozma. It's probably better to have a heavy array of attackers on your bench anyway. Don't put the Anchor back in, It's not very good. 10 damage is mediocre when you either OHKO or don't OHKO under either circumstance.

I think that the Oranguru should stay for late game draw support, so maybe remove one of the Acerola instead? I've never tested this deck, so I'm not completely sure why the Dhelmise is in there in the first place (I suggested mainly because that is what I've heard was played in this deck). What math is it trying to hit in the first place? I have some experience with Metagross GX, and I used to play Dhelmise but it never really helped me with anything since 190 wasn't really a problem (since I could hit them with Beldum for 20 to get that math).

3 Lele should be plenty in addition to your existing draw power, so drop Oranguru for Necrozma. It's probably better to have a heavy array of attackers on your bench anyway. Don't put the Anchor back in, It's not very good. 10 damage is mediocre when you either OHKO or don't OHKO under either circumstance.
From my matches I only had one game where Guru helped at all, and I would’ve won w/out him anyway, I’ll update the list soon

One thing I always wonder about Zach's list is why kartana is needed. I feel like it is just an enhanced hammer that takes one bench space. It is true that the gx attack can be useful in certain conditions, but I would imagine that you will use the gx attack of either silvally or celesteela for most of the times. And both of these can give you a potential two prizes rather than one.

One thing I always wonder about Zach's list is why kartana is needed. I feel like it is just an enhanced hammer that takes one bench space. It is true that the gx attack can be useful in certain conditions, but I would imagine that you will use the gx attack of either silvally or celesteela for most of the times. And both of these can give you a potential two prizes rather than one.
Another one I considered removing. I think it's ability has its uses such as in the mirror. It's GX attack, as you mentioned, could be good under certain circumstances

Another one I considered removing. I think it's ability has its uses such as in the mirror. It's GX attack, as you mentioned, could be good under certain circumstances
In my list, I put in another copy of N. I am kinda concerned about consistency with only 7 draw supporters.

Back