News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
This is because, people who want the FAs, already bought them.
Now, they've lowered it, so they can sell to the people who were hesitant about the high price.

People still want Guzma FAs, so it's still a high price, but not as high as it once was.

Cynthia's price will be dependent on what people are willing to pay for it.
There are rare cases, where the love for a card/character can keep the price high, as people consistently buy it at that price; not sure if that will be the case here though.

It will likely start around $45-50, and drop overtime to about $25, once all the fanatics have bought their copy.
Personally I am under the impression that Guzma will see a spike in price after they stop printing Burning Shadows, and will only start to dip once it is near rotation. That is also most likely why all of the other cards such as Brigette and Sycamore are less expensive, as they will most likely (definitely) rotate out. I think that Guzma will actually go up to somewhere around $65 before going down, since it is really really the best thing we have now. Same as Cynthia. She will more than likely start high and continue to be high, because from my understanding, it is very possible that Cynthia can come as a holo instead of an uncommon, and since it is the only aggressive draw supporter we will have after rotation, it will, by my prediction, be akin to Shaymin-EX or the current Tapu Lele-GX in terms of price. I don't have an economics degree, but I think I have a decent understanding of what the meta will want, and it's Cynthia.

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
I really want a full art Cyrus
I was just going to post this... i wont be satisfied unless i see a FA. he is the only boss without one... maybe we will see a Team Galactic Collection box, with AA FA Cyrus, G pin, and holo Weavile and Honchkrow.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Dunno how I missed this before but this are beautiful! Especially those Blend Energies! I love those ^w^

Whood22

Aspiring Trainer
Leafeon out here all "wth I didn't realise you were taking a photo for the GX art, I wasn't ready. omg delete that"

Ahh never mind. It looked like it had a neutral expression in the thumbnail but it is actually smiling

Ahaha. That was my first thought.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
what i fear is a shaymin situation myself.

after rotation, it will, by my prediction, be akin to Shaymin-EX or the current Tapu Lele-GX in terms of price.

I understand the thought process, but the main difference here... is that she has a lower rarity version available.
Since that's the case, it's more realistic to speculate based off her supporter counterparts; N, Sycamore, and Guzma.

Which route will she take though?
Personally, I feel she will be a Sycamore, which is the reasoning behind my original estimate.

Though, she could very well be a Guzma, stabilizing around $35-$60 while she's in the format...

Or even an N, who's standard market price is still $89.44 (Noble Victories FA).

I think the artwork matters a lot here, which is another reason I'm confident with my estimate.
I don't really like Cynthia's FA; I felt the same towards Sycamore.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Lol At first I thought these were English, and I was thinking to myself, that was super early. Then looked closely...

Wondering how much Cynthia will cost, probably a ton in English and Japanese
I have heard rumors about English Cynthia going up to like $70

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Firstly... GIVE ME ALL THE GIRATINA PACK ARTS, AND NO ONE GETS HURT!

Secondly, I'm surprised the theme decks have actually competitively viable and playable cards with both Empoleon AND Garchomp. Also curious to see if the Garchomp theme deck will have at least 1 Lucario to go as the partner for Garchomp.

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder too if you could build most of the Garchomp deck for standard play from the Garchomp deck. You would think get like 1- 2 copies of Cynthia.

TotoBoss

Kappa
Okay so remember cynthia would become a holo and would be hard to get? Well... this garchomp theme deck is likely to have 2 cynthia in it :D

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
I'll appreciate this for one single day, but there's so many colors on the pack arts, I love it!

Also, as a person who is never a fan of Theme Decks and thinks they generally suck, I'm glad to know that at least the holos in them are the 2 really good ones I bet a good majority of people want to build a deck with (Empoleon and Garchomp), so they're automatically better than 98% of the Theme Decks out there, the other 2% being the BREAKpoint Theme decks because both of them gave you a copy of Max Elixir and Fighting Fury Belt or a nice looking Holo Greninja.

EDIT: Oh right, and the Garchomp deck is probably going to have at least one copy of Cynthia on the offchance Cynthia suffers the same fate via price increase as Type: Null (You know, since they're both holos).

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I really like this set. Also I think that the next few sets might be based on some of the bosses from 'ultra sun' and 'ultra moon' and it is starting with Cyrus. The bosses I am talking about are the admins of RR