• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Alolan Dugtrio for ST. Louis format.

Pokemaster26

Aspiring Trainer
so, for a bit of background, St. Louis regionals format will be ultra prism. But, keep in mind, no solgaleo.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/11/alolan-diglett-and-dugtrio-from-sm5
Pokemon(17):
3 Alolan Diglett SUM
3 Alolan Dugtrio ULP
3 Staryu BPT
3 Starmie EVO
3 Tapu Lele GX GRI
1 Mr. Mime BKT
1 Espeon EX BPT
Supporters(13):
3 Professor Sycamore
4 N
2 Cynthia
3 Guzma
1 Brigette
Items(13):
4 Ultra Ball
4 Energy Retrieval
2 Choice Band
2 Field Blower
1 Rescue Stretcher
EDIT: Stadiums(4):
4 Mount Coronet
Energy(13):
13 Metal Energy

Deck Idea: This has a very good gardevoir gx matchup, which I like. The goal is to take big hits with one prize attackers for a positive prize trade.

Card Choices:
Mr. Mime-This deck will have a lot of toruble with even one Tapu Koko without it. The resistance to metal on Tapu Koko makes you discard 5 energies for a OHKO. So, for the amount of low hp pokemon you run, you need Mr. Mime.
3 Sycamore, 4 N, 2 Cynthia-This is one I could have easily changed. I just think the power to effect your opponents hand is incredible. The Sycamore/Cynthia split is because thinning your deck is huge, but saving resources is too. This gives me many options when deciding on my supporter for turn.
No Float Stone-At this point, when you are attacking for 0 energies, I think you can use your attachment when you need to retreat. Yes, it's one less energy you can discard, but float still isn't worth the spot.

Matchups:
Gardevoir GX: 90/10 - Because of weakness, this matchup is amazing. You are trading OHKO's with them even with gallade. And you have a one-prize stage one and they have a two-prize stage two.
Golisopod GX/Zoroark: 55/45 - This matchup is close. Although, because of the prize trade. Dugtrio is slightly favored.
Silvally GX/Metal: 70/30 - In this matchup, they will usually have trouble keeping up with quick, big hits. But, it is definitely winnable for them. But, usually this is favorable for Dugtrio.
Volcanion: 25/75 - They can just use baby volcanion. It will be an even prize trade, where they just need to do less work for knockouts and whiff a lot less. It is also a basic against a stage one. Because of this, they are favored majorly.
Greninja BREAK: 40/60 - This matchup can go either way, but usually they should be able to start spreading and take prizes faster than you, but other times, you can take prizes to fast and out-pressure them.
Drampa GX/Garbodor: 65/35- This is favored. Unless they can stream garbodors fast without you taking prizes first. You can outpace them and take all 6 prizes faster.

Let me know what you all think. Feel free to suggest any card changes.

Last edited:
17 + 13 + 13 + 13 = 56 cards
I'm going to assume you forgot 4 Mt. Coronet, but will include them anyway.

-1 Espeon EX
-3 Energy Retrieval
-1 Metal Energy

Espeon EX acts as extra target for 2 prizes without really synergizing with the main strategy.
4 Energy Retrieval is overkill, if 1 is needed at all. Since everything is new and you're pretty much going on a test run, leave 1 and see what happens.
I think 12 energy should be enough because you don't want to streamline energy from hand, it's more important that they be on the discard pile. And deck space's gonna be tight due to a high energy count.

+1 Alolan Diglett
+4 Mt. Coronet
+1 Choice Band
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+2 Professor's Letter

You want to start with Diglett, up its count to stabilize it and facilitate Dugtrio streamlining.
Mt. Coronet is the soul of the strategy.
Choice Band is vital for key K.O.s, you need to consistently hit 210 dmg at least 2x per match. 1 for each planned attacker is a safe approach.
Since you only have 3 attackers, you must be able to recover them more than once. Also, Starmie is just as important and a high-value target that will certainly be taken out more than once.
Professor's Letter is an instant damage boost that takes energy from where it's not supposed to be, it should accelerate your energy cycle during early-mid game while providing you with K.O.s you wouldn't normally take at that stage.

Other things to consider on this deck provided further testing:
+1 Skyla
+? Field Blower (against Garbotoxin)
+1 Alolan Dugtrio
+1/1 Starmie

17 + 13 + 13 + 13 = 56 cards
I'm going to assume you forgot 4 Mt. Coronet, but will include them anyway.

-1 Espeon EX
-3 Energy Retrieval
-1 Metal Energy

Espeon EX acts as extra target for 2 prizes without really synergizing with the main strategy.
4 Energy Retrieval is overkill, if 1 is needed at all. Since everything is new and you're pretty much going on a test run, leave 1 and see what happens.
I think 12 energy should be enough because you don't want to streamline energy from hand, it's more important that they be on the discard pile. And deck space's gonna be tight due to a high energy count.

+1 Alolan Diglett
+4 Mt. Coronet
+1 Choice Band
+1 Rescue Stretcher
+2 Professor's Letter

You want to start with Diglett, up its count to stabilize it and facilitate Dugtrio streamlining.
Mt. Coronet is the soul of the strategy.
Choice Band is vital for key K.O.s, you need to consistently hit 210 dmg at least 2x per match. 1 for each planned attacker is a safe approach.
Since you only have 3 attackers, you must be able to recover them more than once. Also, Starmie is just as important and a high-value target that will certainly be taken out more than once.
Professor's Letter is an instant damage boost that takes energy from where it's not supposed to be, it should accelerate your energy cycle during early-mid game while providing you with K.O.s you wouldn't normally take at that stage.

Other things to consider on this deck provided further testing:
+1 Skyla
+? Field Blower (against Garbotoxin)
+1 Alolan Dugtrio
+1/1 Starmie
Correct! I forget the coroner lol. Thank you for the ideas and I really like professors letter. It is a very new idea but I will try it when it is about to come out

The letters are key in standard where you don't have compressors to get energy into discard ASAP, they'll help you thin your deck out quite a bit. I agree that Espeon-EX doesn't really offer much here, the deck doesn't deal spread damage and will 2HKO any stage 2 somewhat easily anyways.

I'd go 3 blower minimum, Garbodor is less common but will completely wreck this deck unlike in expanded where you have superior energy retrieval and VS seekere Fisherman to keep your game flowing if abilities are turned off. Higher stretcher count is also key in a deck like this.

Energy count shouldn't be more than 10 and can go as low as 8 without hurting consistency too much. I think you should go 4/4 Dugtrio line as well.

Back