Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: December 2017 - Winter (Items/Supporters/Stadiums) ~ Full Judging Up!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
In for image!
Drop me down to text please!
Error, error - cannot compute. Please choose a single portion and try again. :>

References

Did you steal my idea?!
The inspiration and flavour appear to have been similar but the effects themselves are very different, so I'd say we can rule out any Team Rocket shenanigans (or shenanigans by other notorious thieves) from this one. ;P

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my entry for the month. I had a lot of fun creating it and I think it turned out OK, and that's what matters in the end.

FfH0lii.jpg

References
Parallel City (BREAKThrough)
Brooklet Hill (Guardian's Rising)
Lost Remover (Call of Legends)
Superior Energy Retrieval (Plasma Freeze)

Backstory
I've created a few two-way stadiums before and really enjoyed making them each time so naturally it was my first choice (plus I've loved the concept ever since Parallel City was revealed last year). The theme in the card and it tying into winter is pretty loose however; when I think winter I think empty, snowy landscapes.

From there you can probably tell where I was going with it. The name implying a bleak, uninhabited and desolate tundra ties in nicely with the discard pile and the Lost Zone.

Playability
Though it definitely has many similarities to Parallel City, it certainly isn't the kind of stadium that will fit in any deck as a one (or two) of like Parallel does; it's a stadium that either works with your deck or generally doesn't.

The two main uses I had for the stadium in mind and designed each side around were Standard being able to have a slight Garbodor (Guardians Rising) counter; each turn you can take an Item card out of your discard pile and slip it into the Lost Zone instead (red side).
A little more obviously the blue side slips into decks like Expanded Blastoise variants nicely (allowing them to keep up a little more with modern Expanded as some newer GX decks with higher health counts give them a harder time), and as well you could simply play the blue side as a less power-creepy Battle Compressor; thinning cards from your hand so they do not appear in your deck (as you are not required to take W energy, and discarding cards you want in your discard pile (decks that utilise Aqua Patch could like this quite a lot).

Lastly, though it has many uses I don't think any of these uses are too strong (or inversely too weak) - your opponent can freely utilise the other half, and if not they can happily just replace or remove it - and each of the uses I've described can save you from auto-losses or give you an edge to winning but ultimately do not take anything away from your opponent, or give you an easy win.

The Psychic Sorcerer

Aspiring Trainer
Could you use it on your opponent's pokemon?
Yes, but it would need something to counter it. Like this:

Trainer-Stadium
Frozen Temple

All [W] type pokemon on the field are not affected by item cards effects.

you may play as many item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack)

This would also stop the affects of things like choice band though, so it kinda evens out.

References

Did you steal my idea?!
No? My card is totally different from yours.

Kavross

Aspiring Trainer
My entry:
DwGxHGY.jpg

You can build a snow sculpture of anything if you put your mind to it. Doesn't mean it'll last long though...

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
My entry:
Trainer-Item-Candice's Z-Crystal

You can only use this card if you have played Candice during your turn

Choose 1:
  • If you have already used your GX attack, you may use another GX Attack during this turn
  • You may use another supporter during this turn (before your attack).
  • You may heal all damage from each of your [W] Pokémon.play
Z-Crystal Rule: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Trainer-Supporter-Candice

Search your deck for up to 3 [W] Pokémon and put them into your hand. Then, Shuffle your deck

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

• Computer Search (BCR)- used for the Z-Crystal rule
  • Giovanni's Scheme (BKT)- used for the "Choose: 1" text/idea
  • Hala (GRI)- for the "If you have used your GX attack" effect
  • Max Potion (GRI)- for the healing effect

The idea of the card is similar to Ace Specs. Powerful cards, that are one per deck. If more of these were to be made, they would all be based on a supporter and their effects. The first 2 would always be the same and the third is once again based on the effect of the corresponding supporter. The general idea came from another thread on P

Took a -2 to add the "You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)." rule

Last edited:

Sup3rTaco

Aspiring Rayquaza
In for Text please, and my entry is below.
So I first had an idea for a different card so I quickly, for some reason, searched "Ice" on bulbapedia and one of the things that came up was Ice Island. Since this is the home of Articuno, I thought it wold be cool to make a card that has extra effects under certain conditions and I came up with these two.
Trainer - Stadium - Ice Island
Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a basic [W] energy and attach it to one of their [W] Pokemon.If Articuno-GX is the turn players active Pokemon, that player may heal 30 damage from 2 Pokemon with [W] energy attached to it.
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
The Articuno-GX card could be:
Articuno GX - [W] - HP160BasicAbility - TailwindOnce during your turn (before your attack), if Ice Island is in play, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon. If you do, attach a [W] energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.[W] Freeze Dry 10Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokemon is now paralyzed.[W][W][W][W] Sheer ColdFlip 3 coins. If all three are heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is knocked out. This Pokemon can't attack or retreat next turn.[W][W][W] Ice Shard GX 50xDiscard all [W] energy attached to this Pokemon. For every energy discarded in this way, deal 50 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)Weakness: [M] (x2)Resistant: [F] (-20)Retreat Cost: [C][C]​
So three attacks and an ability might be a little overkill, but I think that any combination of at least three of these could be an actual card. Mainly I want to try and rebuild my Lapras deck and I could see myself running this card and the stadium card in there. I guess the plan would be to use Lapras' Blizzard Burn, then Arty's Tailwind, and with a Float Stone retreat and reuse Blizzard Burn.Maybe more combination cards will be developed by me depending on future contests' themes.In for Text please, and my entry is below.So I first had an idea for a different card so I quickly, for some reason, searched "Ice" on bulbapedia and one of the things that came up was Ice Island. Since this is the home of Articuno, I thought it wold be cool to make a card that has extra effects under certain conditions and I came up with these two.
Trainer - Stadium - Ice Island
Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a basic [W] energy and attach it to one of their [W] Pokemon.If Articuno-GX is the turn players active Pokemon, that player may heal 30 damage from 2 Pokemon with [W] energy attached to it.
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
Articuno GX - [W] - HP160BasicAbility - TailwindOnce during your turn (before your attack), if Ice Island is in play, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon. If you do, attach a [W] energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.[W] Freeze Dry 10Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokemon is now paralyzed.[W][W][W][W] Sheer ColdFlip 3 coins. If all three are heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is knocked out. This Pokemon can't attack or retreat next turn.[W][W][W] Ice Shard GX 50xDiscard all [W] energy attached to this Pokemon. For every energy discarded in this way, deal 50 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)Weakness: [M] (x2)Resistant: [F] (-20)Retreat Cost: [C][C]​
So three attacks and an ability might be a little overkill, but I think that any combination of at least three of these could be an actual card. Mainly I want to try and rebuild my Lapras deck and I could see myself running this card and the stadium card in there. I guess the plan would be to use Lapras' Blizzard Burn, then Arty's Tailwind, and with a Float Stone retreat and reuse Blizzard Burn.Maybe more combination cards will be developed by me depending on future contests' themes.In for Text please, and my entry is below.

So I first had an idea for a different card so I quickly, for some reason, searched "Ice" on bulbapedia and one of the things that came up was Ice Island. Since this is the home of Articuno, I thought it wold be cool to make a card that has extra effects under certain conditions and I came up with these two.

Trainer - Stadium - Ice Island​

Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a basic [W] energy and attach it to one of their [W] Pokemon.
If Articuno-GX is the turn players active Pokemon, that player may heal 30 damage from 2 Pokemon with [W] energy attached to it.

[/SPOILER]

Articuno GX - [W] - HP160
Basic

Ability - Tailwind
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Ice Island is in play, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon. If you do, attach a [W] energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[W] Freeze Dry 10
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active Pokemon is now paralyzed.

[W][W][W][W] Sheer Cold
Flip 3 coins. If all three are heads, your opponent's Active Pokemon is knocked out. This Pokemon can't attack or retreat next turn.

[W][W][W] Ice Shard GX 50x
Discard all [W] energy attached to this Pokemon. For every energy discarded in this way, deal 50 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [M] (x2)
Resistant: [F] (-20)
Retreat Cost: [C][C]​

So three attacks and an ability might be a little overkill, but I think that any combination of at least three of these could be an actual card. Mainly I want to try and rebuild my Lapras deck and I could see myself running this card and the stadium card in there. I guess the plan would be to use Lapras' Blizzard Burn, then Arty's Tailwind, and with a Float Stone retreat and reuse Blizzard Burn.

Maybe more combination cards will be developed by me depending on future contests' themes.

EDIT: Forgot to add the Stadium Text.(-2):(

Last edited:

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I'd like to make an image fake of it eventually, but I highly doubt I'll get to it before the month ends so I'll submit my first ever text-based entry!

Symbol of Sand & Ice

Trainer/Item/Pokémon Tool

Attach this Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool card attached to it.

This card can only be attached to Sandslash or Alolan Sandslash.
  • If this card is attached to Sandslash: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your hand or deck for an Alolan Sandslash card and replace it with Sandslash. Shuffle your deck afterward. All [F] Energy attached to Alolan Sandslash count as [W] Energy.
  • If this card is attached to Alolan Sandslash: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your hand or deck for a Sandslash card and replace it with Alolan Sandslash. Shuffle your deck afterward. All [W] Energy attached Sandslash count as [F] Energy.

I based this on an idea I had for my OC's Sandslash that I decided could change into Alolan Sandslash during winter since it felt weird having a Pokémon with an icy body year-round. In theory, this card should allow you to use an extra Type in your deck for more coverage.

If this card existed, I'm sure there would be a "Symbol of Fire & Ice" for Ninetales.

EDIT: Whoops!

Last edited:

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
In for text, if it's still possible, I'm a bit late again.

Anyway this is my entry:
Trainer - Item - Present Ball

Search your deck for 3 Pokémon with different names and reveal them. If you do, your opponent chooses one of them. Put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. If you can't reveal 3 Pokémon with different names from your deck, this card does nothing.

Sup3rTaco

Aspiring Rayquaza
Trainer - Item - Present Ball

Search your deck for 3 Pokémon with different names and reveal them. If you do, your opponent chooses one of them. Put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. If you can't reveal 3 Pokémon with different names from your deck, this card does nothing.

This just gave me the idea for like a Trick Ball, where you would choose 1 Pokemon, energy, and a supporter, then your opponent has to guess which one is the Pokemon. If they are correct, then you simply add that Pokemon to your hand, and if they get it wrong then you can add all the cards to your hand.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
Trainer - Gifts Prism Star - Item

You can't have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card would go to the discard pile, put it in the Lost Zone instead.

Each player flips a coin until they get tails. For each heads, that player may either draw a card or have their opponent draw a card. For each tails, that player must discard a card from their hand.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before you attack).