Finished The Challenge VIII - The Diamond Isles - Game Over! Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Well if you guys couldn't tell, I haven't received anything since then either. The two unknown letters are L and E.

I'll post the standings of the challenge so far, for you all to see:
@Blakers - 5 Clues Completed
@GM DracLord - 1 Clue Completed
@Epist - No Clues Completed

NinjaPenguin

Happy 1 week anniversary of this challenge! Nothing new has happened since that last post, do you guys honestly have it in you to keep going?
I also suggest you guys try some of the games, they're a bit quicker to complete than my riddles.
I've seen legitimate effort from two of you, but one of you hasn't tried one bit. If that continues to the end of this part of the challenge, that person will be eliminated without getting to play in Part 3. You know who you are, so I won't bother saying who it is. If you are really wondering if it's you, ask me.

@Blakers
@Epist
@GM DracLord

NinjaPenguin

Just gonna also say that I know it's my fault for those results taking a week, but we've had plenty of time for everybody to get into the swing of things and at least try a fair amount.
Clue 10 was also edited to be a bit less confusing.
And finally, I'm gonna give more help to you guys if you format an answer wrong. The content must still be right.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Happy 1 week anniversary of this challenge! Nothing new has happened since that last post, do you guys honestly have it in you to keep going?
I also suggest you guys try some of the games, they're a bit quicker to complete than my riddles.
I've seen legitimate effort from two of you, but one of you hasn't tried one bit. If that continues to the end of this part of the challenge, that person will be eliminated without getting to play in Part 3. You know who you are, so I won't bother saying who it is. If you are really wondering if it's you, ask me.

@Blakers
@Epist
@GM DracLord

Unfortunately as I spend most of my day in the office (office pc) and night online only my ipad. I can't really play the to gain the highscore on the game listed.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Clue 3: Play a Random Battle on Pokemon Showdown (against somebody you do not know in any way), and win with either five or six Pokemon remaining. Use a username that is similar to your Pokebeach name and, upon winning, post “I’m [username]” in the chat. Submit the link to the replay for this game.
Clue 5: Message from TAE: Go to where the second Battleship War was fought… in the misty fog for your next clue. Keep going and choose the top of the two options. Submit a screenshot of a score of at least 85 at that game. This clue is worth two letters.

-These

Showdown is due the time constrain and not so strong connection to the internet

NinjaPenguin

Epist has dropped, so congrats to everybody else on Top 3! You are all guaranteed a spot in the final challenge!
So now, the winner of this challenge will get to play in Round 3 to win a major advantage in the final challenge. To compensate, Round 3 will be pretty quick and easy for you guys.
Except now, the player who loses Round 2 may just have a bit of an an issue in the final challenge that could eliminate you almost as soon as that challenge starts. Wait what? You heard me. You have been warned.

Letters have been sent.

NinjaPenguin

Giving you guys two more days. If nobody has solved it by then, the person who has solved the most clues will win.

NinjaPenguin

CHALLENGE 14 - A Fractured Journey - Part 2- Results

By a margin of 7 clues to 3 clues, Blakers is our champion of Part 2! Here were the correct answers for the clues:

Clue 1: Safariblade, Nengeni, Keeper of Night, R3versor, Mora, Vracken.
Clue 2: There are a fair amount of options for this. There were two missed in XIV, but the most common answer will be King Xerneas as History in Cel's School Grades.
Clue 3: Game replay needed.
Clue 4: Game screenshot needed.
Clue 5: This one was stolen from BB2. The correct game was Multitask. Game screenshot was needed.
Clue 6: That was Prof. P's request on Post 3 of my second fakes thread, Island Attack.
Clue 7: The game was SnK 1: Anime Audience, most similar to Blui's Anime Mayhem.
Clue 8: Game screenshot needed.
Clue 9: That was TC4's Post #7210, by Keeper of Night.
Clue 10: This was in Duck Hunt, at DoS's final vote of me.

NinjaPenguin

"Shall we do something a tad bit more jovial? A man's down, so we may as well have some fun."

CHALLENGE 14 - A Fractured Journey - Part 3

In this challenge, Blakers and Lorde will get to battle with any 6 of the following Pokemon:
  • Pokemon famous for constantly getting nerfed.
  • A Legendary Pokemon with a love of retaliation.
  • A incredibly defensive Sticky Web/Stealth Rock user.
  • This Pokemon is used for making brave gambits that may be its last.
  • Pseudo-Legendary that has a Stage 1 that misses out on a lot of the hype.
  • An attack lowering Pokemon with the best attack in the game.
  • When you're trapped by this Pokemon, its Tickle should be one of the first things on your mind.
  • The signature Russian queen.
  • Classic Pokemon that makes you want to scream "me too"!
  • Stall Pokemon considered one of, if not the best, NFEs.
  • An Alolan Pokemon with a crucial, albeit a bit strange, immunity.
  • A Prankster converted into a wall with the introduction of a new mechanic.
  • Pokemon with only one gender, known as a mod's favorite.
  • Skill Link using wall in one particular type of attack.
  • A Pokemon known for its affection.
  • A Pokemon known for taking over certain objects.
  • A Pokemon with a name based on Latin that I would never guess.
You really thought it would be that easy? Heck no! You have 72 hours to name as many of those Pokemon as you can via PM. Then, you will get to use any 6 of the Pokemon you correctly named. You got less? Have fun playing with as many futile Pokemon as you want (chosen by the lovely Mirdo)!

You will be playing in Doubles Ubers. Winner gets a major advantage in the final challenge! Have fun!

P.S. Some clues may apply to multiple Pokemon. I'll have you know that every type is represented at least once on there.
And as always, you may edit your submission before submitting it.

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Halfway done!
Wanted to tell you guys that both of your current submissions don't include every type of Pokemon, so you may want to change them. :eek:

NinjaPenguin

Your list of valid Pokemon have been sent. Here are the correct answers and explanation:
  • Pokemon famous for constantly getting nerfed. ~ Greninja (Known for this in Smash 4)
  • A Legendary Pokemon with a love of retaliation. ~ Terrakion (Famous BW-era TCG Terrakion had Retaliate)
  • A incredibly defensive Sticky Web/Stealth Rock user. ~ Shuckle (Only Pokemon with both of those moves)
  • This Pokemon is used for making brave gambits that may be its last. ~ Staraptor (Main VGC set for Staraptor is Brave Bird+Final Gambit)
  • Pseudo-Legendary that has a Stage 1 that misses out on a lot of the hype. ~ Hydreigon (Zwelious has Hustle, which causes it to miss a lot)
  • An attack lowering Pokemon with the best attack in the game. ~ Mawile (Top attack stat post-mega with ability factored in, has Intimidate pre-mega)
  • When you're trapped by this Pokemon, its Tickle should be one of the first things on your mind. ~ Gothitelle (Has both a Trapping ability (Shadow Tag) and Tickle)
  • The signature Russian queen. ~ Tsareena (Name is a corruption of Tsarina and has a signature move)
  • Classic Pokemon that makes you want to scream "me too"! ~ Ditto (Because Ditto)
  • Stall Pokemon considered one of, if not the best, NFEs. ~ Gligar (One of the best, findable because only Ground type in the list)
  • An Alolan Pokemon with a crucial, albeit a bit strange, immunity. ~ Alolan Marowak (Has Lightning Rod, which gives it a lot of niche use)
  • A Prankster converted into a wall with the introduction of a new mechanic. ~ Sableye (Its use pre and post Mega Evolution)
  • Pokemon with only one gender, known as a mod's favorite. ~ Gallade (Luis's favorite, though could just as easily be Latios)
  • Skill Link using wall in one particular type of attack. ~ Cloyster (Defense is its best stat)
  • A Pokemon known for its affection. ~ Sylveon (Evolves through affection)
  • A Pokemon known for taking over certain objects. ~ Rotom (Kinda obvious, you guys can use any form in your final battle)
  • A Pokemon with a name based on Latin that I would never guess. ~ Nihilego (Translates to "Never I")

Have your battles in the next couple of days, and make them Best of 3 because wynaut.

NinjaPenguin

And so, the competitors duked it out, fighting on unsteady ground. In the end, one emerged victorious and was elated. But suddenly, the competitors saw some new light on the horizon, the type of natural light they hadn't seen in over a month. What could it mean? Had they finally made it to the end of their journey?

CHALLENGE 14 - A Fractured Journey - Results

Blakers won! Nobody is gonna get any information from this one because you'll see all you need to know soon enough.
Final challenge requires a ton of prep, so expect it up on Sunday-Wednesday? I'm so sorry, once I finish my CaC stuff this will all go much quicker.

NinjaPenguin

So, this is taking a ton of time. Have this flavor to satiate you for now.

CHALLENGE 15 - A Long Journey's End - Prologue

They had finally seen it. The light at the end of the tunnel. A large, luxurious island floated into view, fit for a king. It was covered with the most luscious vegetation known to man, and in the middle there was a hill covered by ruby red flowers. Everyone stepped on the middle of the hill, where it suddenly collapsed, giving way to a cave not much different than the one they had just been in.
There was the same amethyst lights, soft ambient noises, and somewhat artificial smell as they cave they had just left. Yet the competitors couldn't focus on that; they could only bring their eyes to the brilliant gem in the middle of the room. The Holy Diamond. It was perched on a blue leather pedestal, with the light shining on it in a way that it was reflected out like a disco ball. The scene was the most memorizing in the world, not fit for this exhausted band of explorers.
The mysterious man walked in front of the other three, and spoke: "We have arrived at the Holy Diamond. A beauty, right? Well, before we do anything else, I'd like to ask you all a simple question. Do you know me?"
The competitors tried to confer. What could the man be talking about?
The mysterious man turned his back to the rest and tore off his mask. "I was one of the strongest. I had never lost, never been at jeopardy for elimination, and wanted treasure as much as any of you. But my dreams were crushed when you got rid of me. Each and every one of you. I believed in you. And you let me down. So I just had to do this on my own." He suddenly turned around, revealing himself to be the one and only NP. The other competitors gasped from the shock of the most obvious plot twist ever what was going on. "You thought I was gone, didn't you? Too bad so sad. I'll just be taking this diamond for myself. Have fun in paradise, losers."

NinjaPenguin has one The Challenge: Season 8! Congrats!

He grabbed the Holy Diamond, but suddenly, a bolt of lighting crashed down, turning NP into mere ashes. The Holy Diamond fell from his hand right back onto the pedestal in the exact same position. Yet when the competitors saw the ashes, they found a message shaped of NP's remains.

"No mere man can take the Holy Diamond. You must earn the title of the strongest on the seas."
But how could they own this title? The competitors set sail on their own again, determined to become the best pirate there was. How would they know when they were? Well that's simple; they'd just follow a little game.

NinjaPenguin

Hey guys! Just posting an update to tell you that I will not let it become a month before the challenge is up. So you guys can see, here's just a portion of what's taking so long:

Pirate 1 copy.jpg

Any guesses on what you'll be playing?

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.