News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
That prism energy is interesting, just as well only 1 copy is allowed per deck!

Looker full art is awesome - he deserves an article of his own WPM!

Just on his card number so 5 Pokemon full arts before him I'm guessing per set!?

This is gonna be a HUGE English set.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
That Darkrai Prism Star is AMAZING for turbo dark. Biggest issue with turbo dark right now is that we're running out of bench space.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Does SBE's wording allow it to count as 4 Energy if attached to a non-S2, just as long as you had two three S2s in play?

Last edited:

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
We all knew the prism energy to be rainbow... but quadruple rainbow??

It has potential, though the Enhanced Hammer will see *enhanced play

Luqyman

Aspiring Trainer
Does SBE's wording allow it to count as 4 Energy if attached to a non-S2, just as long as you had two S2s in play?
I think it goes for any Pokemon, Stage 2 or not. And it's condition is met with 3 or more Stage 2, not 2.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
HOLY GUACAMOLE.
HOLY GUACAMOLE.
HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY GUUUUUUUAAAAAACAAAAAAMOLE.
Darkrai has an energy boost thing that can be useful for turbo Darkrai. Say, this is he first Darkrai printing in a while. Good variety, Pokémon.
SBE: HOLY GUACAMOLE.
It’s a shame: your main Goodra support card has to go to the Lost Zone, you can only have ONE of them, and if someone plays Enhanced Hammer, you’re done for.
But if the next expansion after this one features Kalos, Goodra GX will be in it. And I and SBE will be waiting for it.
But HOLY GUACAMOLE.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Darkrai Prism Star - Hmm! Irrelevant type which your hitting for weakness with 160 is a Lot!, Weak to Buzzwole, worst RC. Energy ACCELGOR is good, Darkrai will love it. The other one. The attack is the worst version of Generations Darkrai. 3 for 80 on Gen Darkrai is fine not 4 for 120, and you're not hitting for weakness. Why Darkrai getting too much <3? 3 Geodudes
  • Super Boost Energy - act as Rainbow Energy for Stage 2s, act as 4 Rainbow Energy if you have 3+ Stage 2s. Anyways, In Ultra Prism, we have 3 Spec. Energy Cards, well we have them already revealed: Unit Energy GFW and MPL, and Super Boost Energy. Back to SBE, Remember, this is a prism star card. Once discarded via Enhanced Hammer/Kartana/Drampa or getting KOed, its gone for good. Be careful on attching it. The only benificiary of this card that I've seen is Gardevoir-GX. 2 of these and a Gallade will grant a Quad Rainbow effect. We don't have good S2s with very expensive damage and awesome effect. Metagross needs 3, Cool Solgaleo needs 2, well DCE, Decidueye needs 3 (DCE included). 2-3 Geodudes because of the fact that it is a Prism Star, vulnerable to Kartana, and can't be retrieved by Special Charge.

Grear Bylls

Aspiring Trainer
That darkrai has a good ability. Attack is bleh, but the ability is why you would play it.
That energy, though. Gardy, Metagross and my Delphox deck all got a huge boost. Like it a lot

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, my gosh--there's an actual background on a full art Trainer?! What is this madness? So few of them feature physical backgrounds.

As amazing as a quadruple Rainbow Energy sounds, I'm unsure how practical this is. You're only allowed one in your deck and it's gone from the game once it's discarded, you need to have 3 Stage 2's out, and off the top of my head, I don't recall anything currently being able to search your deck for a Special Energy. (I suppose there are cards like Mallow, though.) It seems like something you'd put in your deck on the off chance you draw it while meeting its conditions and it'll be incredible, rather than something you'd want to rely on for a crucial moment in a game. This could be silly in Gardevoir decks, though. Like, if you were staring down a Metagross with 3 energies on it with full HP, if you drew Super Boost Energy and also a Fairy Energy and a Choice Band (or if you already had those two on a Gardevoir), you'd go from from having no answer to this Metagross to being able to one-hit KO it. So it's neat and certainly has potential, but it seems unreliable at this time.

And Darkrai Prism Star sounds quite promising paired with Darkrai EX. That's about all I have to say on it, other than the artwork and the card itself looks great.

Last edited:

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
HOLY GUACAMOLE.
HOLY GUACAMOLE.
HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY GUUUUUUUAAAAAACAAAAAAMOLE.
Darkrai has an energy boost thing that can be useful for turbo Darkrai. Say, this is he first Darkrai printing in a while. Good variety, Pokémon.
SBE: HOLY GUACAMOLE.
It’s a shame: your main Goodra support card has to go to the Lost Zone, you can only have ONE of them, and if someone plays Enhanced Hammer, you’re done for.
But if the next expansion after this one features Kalos, Goodra GX will be in it. And I and SBE will be waiting for it.
But HOLY GUACAMOLE.

Can we start calling you Lord Guacamole as well?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Prism Darkrai is an amazing Ninja Boy Target. Ninja Boy would let you reuse it's ability and gets more dark energy on the field. Darkrai Tribal for Days.

The energy is an all in card when you play it it has to count or its a very easy target. It will be a sad day if Team Skull Grunts get it before you get to use it.

Loving this set just hope we see some not Metal type support in the upcoming spoilers because that is where my main issue is it's very easy in this game to not support other types and as we saw last set Fire had a grand total of three cards.

agus72

Aspiring Trainer
As amazing as a quadruple Rainbow Energy sounds, I'm unsure how practical this is. You're only allowed one in your deck and it's gone from the game once it's discarded, you need to have 3 Stage 2's out, and off the top of my head, I don't recall anything currently being able to search your deck for a Special Energy. (I suppose there are cards like Mallow, though.)

Old Solgaleo GX can attach it from the deck, you could also use Energy Loto if you want...

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Prism Darkrai is an amazing Ninja Boy Target. Ninja Boy would let you reuse it's ability and gets more dark energy on the field. Darkrai Tribal for Days.

The energy is an all in card when you play it it has to count or its a very easy target. It will be a sad day if Team Skull Grunts get it before you get to use it.

Loving this set just hope we see some not Metal type support in the upcoming spoilers because that is where my main issue is it's very easy in this game to not support other types and as we saw last set Fire had a grand total of three cards.
Ninja Boy would not activate Darkrai PS’s ability, as Ninja Boy plays them from your deck, not from your hand

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
eh, I don't get the hype over the super boost energy, there aren't many decks that will have that many stage 2s in play at the same time, I mean if you're at a point where you have 3 stage 2s on your field your opponent probably hasn't been able to control you well and will lose soon anyways. Solgaleo is definitely the deck best positioned to take advantage of it since it's enough energy for a sunsteel and you can attach it via sol burst. Some joke decks like Goodra/Magnezone will make good use of it, but most other stage 2 heavy decks have very little use for this card (think metagross, greninja, greninja/kingdra, ect).

Darkrai is good for turbo dark, the ship has sailed on that deck in standard but it might be enough to start shifting Darkrai decks back to a BKT focus over the GX focus that most lists you see nowadays have.