News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
To everyone saying it's not a Water Pokémon so it's not very good... Why not run it as a tech in a Water deck? Aqua Patch onto your benched Water Pokémon and then use its first attack to load it with energy. I don't think it's strong enough to build a deck around, but as a tech in Ninetales or Lapras? I think it's worth running one.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
To everyone saying it's not a Water Pokémon so it's not very good... Why not run it as a tech in a Water deck? Aqua Patch onto your benched Water Pokémon and then use its first attack to load it with energy. I don't think it's strong enough to build a deck around, but as a tech in Ninetales or Lapras? I think it's worth running one.
because then you have a pokemon with 180 hp and almost all of your energy sitting in the active, which should not pose much problem for the opponent to KO. if it was an ability that allowed you to move the energy then this thing would be insane.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
because then you have a pokemon with 180 hp and almost all of your energy sitting in the active, which should not pose much problem for the opponent to KO. if it was an ability that allowed you to move the energy then this thing would be insane.

Sure, I get that. You obviously have to play smart with it. I just think having the ability to get a KO on many things with a Choice Band AND completely remove all the energy on your opponent's side of the field is worth considering.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Attack 1 can power up attack 2 and GX attack

GX attack is beyond ludicrous.

This could be really good with Blastoise in expanded, not seeing much standard potiential.

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
I super like this w/ ninja boy. Move all energy and change Pokémon for surprise factor. Yveltal EX Guzzlord GX, any strong basic attacker that requires a certain bit of energy.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Solgaleo GX with water energy and this guy.

It's possible to use palkia in standard, but that seems a lot weaker than solgaleo/salazzle/garb, so I don't think anyone will really use that approach.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
If it's played in standard it will be with Silvally for sure, but I think that is dependent on there being a reason to run Silvally/Water. Right now, Golisopod is very good and the best Silvally/Water variant I've seen is Silvally/Lapras, and Lapras is unfortunately grass weak. Palkia isn't very good against Golisopod either due to it being very energy efficient and requiring you to stack a bunch of energy to threaten an OHKO.

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
It has 180 hp to many attacks that can knock it off, while u use that first attack

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
This could be a very nice 1 of add in to Lapras decks, and WaterBox decks, as with Dialga GX, a 1 of in metal, it's that card that can be set up and win you the game right then.

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
That GX attack is really cool against Raichu GX and Gardevoir GX. The cost can be a bit of a problem since Water energy boosting isn't as good as it used to be (Yes, I know we still have things like Palkia EX, GRI Rayquaza, Max. Elixir and Aqua Patch, but if we compare it to Steel type boosting, water types are a bit weaker than Steel types in that regard.)
Aqua patch can’t be used with this Palkia. And although pontential vs darkrai, Raichu, Gardevoir etc...it requires way too much energy for a 150 attack. In addition Gardevoir gets OHKO with one energy so even if you remove all energy vs Gardevoir it is probable that Gardvoir gets KO next turn

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
**Walks into the room**
**Looks around and sees Palkia GX and it's exorbitantly priced GX attack**

I want nothing to do with this...

**Leaves room**