News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Yeah, but what is going to stop Metal types from taking over? Pokémon has "forged" a meta that they can't seem to fix.;)

Oh well, I guess it's time to bring out the old Zoroark Break deck.
I don't know, hitting for weakness is out of the question because of the new Solgaleo GX.

sandsmash23

Aspiring Trainer
This Dugtrio sucks in hitpoints
To be fair, I think they wanted to keep it safe with free attacks. It's pretty much a guaranteed 150 per turn with Starmie, Mount Coronet, and Choice Band, along with any other energy you naturally draw into. The low HP makes sure that one of the first good free attackers isn't too insane. Zoroark-GX support may be good for getting energy in the discard and drawing into combo pieces. .

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
I don't know, hitting for weakness is out of the question because of the new Solgaleo GX.

Only thing I can think of is copying Solgaleo GX's attacks which deal a good amount of damage (230 to be exact). Zoroark Break, Clefairy (EVO), and Mew EX are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Or disrupting your opponent's set up (like turn one Glaceon GX= no turn one Brigette).

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Only thing I can think of is copying Solgaleo GX's attacks which deal a good amount of damage (230 to be exact). Zoroark Break, Clefairy (EVO), and Mew EX are the only ones I can think of at the moment. Or disrupting your opponent's set up (like turn one Glaceon GX= no turn one Brigette).
True

FrostBiter12

To be fair, I think they wanted to keep it safe with free attacks. It's pretty much a guaranteed 150 per turn with Starmie, Mount Coronet, and Choice Band, along with any other energy you naturally draw into. The low HP makes sure that one of the first good free attackers isn't too insane. Zoroark-GX support may be good for getting energy in the discard and drawing into combo pieces. .

Imagine double Starmie though, that hits 210 with Choice Band. Only draw back is the low HP, but it is a one-prize attacker. I just wish Pokémon would stop making cards that let Metal types "steel" the spotlight from other decks like Volcanion EX or Garbodor.

FrostBiter12

Imagine in Expanded though, where Level Ball can search for almost any Pokémon in your deck, not to mention Superior Energy Retrieval. Is there any other support besides these two in Expanded though? I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure there is something we're missing.

Elray

Expanded Player
It's got very low HP, but this attack is INSANE. With 3 Starmie on the bench (getting 6 energy back each turn) and a choice band, you will hit for 210. If the new Solgaleo-GX is too expensive for some players, I can totally see this becoming a great budget deck to counter Alolan Ninetales and Gardevoir-GX.

I_miss_Zoroark_GX

Aspiring Trainer
This actually has really good potential in expanded with access to superior energy retrieval, exeggcute (for energy retrieval and starmie), level ball, vs seeker (for fisherman), and compressor.

FrostBiter12

It's got very low HP, but this attack is INSANE. With 3 Starmie on the bench (getting 6 energy back each turn) and a choice band, you will hit for 210. If the new Solgaleo-GX is too expensive for some players, I can totally see this becoming a great budget deck to counter Alolan Ninetales and Gardevoir-GX.

That is "if" any one plays Alolan Ninetales GX and Gardevoir GX by that time... Just kidding, I'm sure that Gardevoir GX and Ninetales GX won't die off completely, but they won't have the power they use to have. One day your winning Worlds, the next day everyone stuffs you into a binder somewhere to be traded away. Oh well, everyone has their moments (though some don't last as long as others).

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Hold it.
Mt. Coronet
Starmie
Professors Letter and the occasional Ribombee
Energy Retrieval
Gardevoir's Weakness
Falbulous Hair

Sir, I'll take 4 Alolan Diglett and 4 Alolan Dugtrio please.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I can see it being big in expanded using Cilan, eeveelutions, and
Hold it.
Mt. Coronet
Starmie
Professors Letter and the occasional Ribombee
Energy Retrieval
Gardevoir's Weakness
Falbulous Hair

Sir, I'll take 4 Alolan Diglett and 4 Alolan Dugtrio please.
Me too, I have Cilan so, play in expanded

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
Uhh...

60 (Mt. Coronet) + 30 (Choice Band) + 60 (Starmie EVO) + 10 (1 Dhelmise GRI) + 60 (Rimbombee BUS) + 30 (just 1 energy lying around) = 250. For 0 energy, and once set up you can do this every turn. Also hits Gardevoir for weakness so u only need 4 energy discards or 3 with band.