News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
It says play as a basic so question is ..is it not a basic til it is laid down. Kinda loke special energy usbt a type til in play.
Can u ultra ball or so on for it. Id assume no.
If somone uses cupcake can they force it out of ur hand onto the field. Prob not
Can u evolve it first rurn its played? Prob not
Can u use rare candy on it to skip stage 2. That prob the big question
Going with reason. Id say it will be considered a basic so fighting belt n so on will raise its hp. So id assume pnce irs in play it is a basic pokemon. So anything tgat helps or hurts basics once fossoil in play will effect it. So back to rare candy. How rare candy is worded it says if yoy have the stage 2 of a pokemon in play u can skip stage 1. So with reason id say yes rare candy would work

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
Well I guess regular shay helps Regi decks? But if you don’t have it out already who would search for a card that searches for other cards?
Glad Skymin is still useful AND has been taken down a notch

Bella

Fairy Type Queen
First shaymin is equivalent of turn 1 bridgette depending on your pokemon(turn 2 if going first, although going second is incredibly easy in ptcg).

Second shaymin kind of bad. Nice art though.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Can you get a pure fire Pokemon + Volcanion EX + a non fire/water Pokemon with the first Shaymin, or do all types have to be different ?

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Shaymin:
  • Land Forme - I love the first attack, but I don't know what deck fits for it. And also Alolan Vulpix is the best Pokémon searcher. 2 for now.
  • Sky Forme - Complete Meh! As a sidenote, weeks ago, I watched Andrew Mahone's Top 10 CRI cards on Derium's channel, and he puts Mawile on the top 9, due to Call For Family, I said, Come on! We have Brigette. Call for Family never see competitive succesd. For Sky Forme, 1 Geodude

Yumikora

cd / Back to the roots
the first shay would fit in guardy: one psychic type trasla, one fairy type and remoraid. :D
but alolan vulpix is better, doesn't need energy and can get lele for a supporter

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Allowing you to get volc, baby volc and oranguru in a slower format could be good, meaning you can sycamore/n/Cynthia to elixirs for other things. I've barely touched volc so I don't know how good that is, but not having Brigette access it could help.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Why do people like Sinnoh so much? It had the most memorable Pokemon, but I find the rest of everything super forgettable except for Cynthia.