News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
GX attack is really good but once that's been played the card is dead weight, I could see it as a one of tech in metal acceleration decks aside from Sol Burst focused Solg builds, because if you get that attack off and can attack again on your bonus turn with something like metagross it's basically an automatic win against most decks, especially if you went first at the start.

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
Just how I like my Ruler of Time, Ancient God, legendary Pokémon: Mediocre at best. Oh baby, really hyped for this card /s

The GX attack could be slightly unfair though, IF you can power it up.
is it u
Your whole statement is completely wrong. This card is fricking incredible. With how much metal support we've been receiving this card is going to be complete bonkers, especially with that GX attack, using that strategy @Ilir Nikqi was talking about. Mount Coronet, Magnezone, Dusk Mane Necrozma, the New Solgaleo, Registeel, all can help power that gigantic GX attack cost. I would HIGHLY consider 3-3.5 Geodudes Mr. Rhyperior.
and why is this so costly and celesteela makes top 2 at internationals and is also costly? and in future there will be even more acceleration

LBelleBird

Aspiring Trainer
They made me a Dialga GX that is playable. I'm extremely disappointed in the dragon typing but that GX attack is so cool! I'm stoked!

superdan51

Make Metagross-GX Great!
We ONLY got the regular art of those 3 GX, not the fa/rr.
That said as other people already mentioned these will likely be in our Ultra Prism set, but they're not the 3 yet to be released Ultra beast (most likely the 3 yet unreleased ones)
I believe the last three will be the tree sinnoh starters.

I dont think theyll add any Alola pokemon for a while.

elFacho

Aspiring Trainer
I love the GX attack, but it's other attacks are not great.
The first attack is a great early game move in case you get a crappy hand. Being able to draw cards is always good. The second attack is pretty niche since it can be useful in only a couple of situations, but most of the times it will only do 80-110 damage. The GX attack though... You may not be hitting for weakness with this Dialga but Damn it is good that you get an extra turn to potentially get 4 prizes.

Starrydash

Aspiring Trainer
This is a really good card! The GX Attack is so overpowered, plus it's being released when Metal dominates the meta which means no needing to worry about Gardy!

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
The one feature dragon is known for is 2 type energy costs. Fairy type shouldn't have existed, and dragon should only be weak to dragon, meaning that to beat a 2 type energy type, you have to use 2 type energy type.

Dragon was the incentive for players to run 2 energy types, but they took that away. Before that, only 2 type energy cost dragon types could beat 2 type energy cost dragon types, but now there is the one type cost fairy type beating the 2 type cost dragon types. It's stupid.

Any pokemon that uses one type of energy for its energy costs must be that type. Dialga should have been metal type, and if they wanted to make it dragon type, it must use 2 energy types.

There should be only 2 kinds dragon types. One with more powerful attacks that require two types of energy, or a dragon type with 2 equally powerful attacks each requiring one type of energy, but the other one requiring a different one. For the former, it would only work in 2 type decks, but for the latter, it would work in one type deck, except you can use one of the 2 attacks, unless you put it in a 2 type deck, you can use both attacks.

Alolan Exeggutor GX should have been grass type.
Ultra Prism Garchomp should have been fighting type.

Why don't they just make lightning types that only use psychic energy, or darkness types that use grass energy, if they are going to throw away the one thing that makes dragon types, dragon type.

Last edited:

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Sounds like a perfect troll move. Especially if you can knock out an opponent's EX/GX with Timeless-GX and then swap out for a benched Pokémon-GX and deliver another knock out.

Hell, find a way to work this into a Decidueye-GX deck, and just flat-out murder an opponent's Pokémon with upto 8x Feather Arrows before they get their next turn!

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Soo we can assume that the 3 UB GX's are going to be UB Assembly GX, UB Burst GX, and UB Adhesive GX.
In that order they will respectively be, Stakataka GX (UB Assembly), Blacephalon GX (UB Burst/Pennywise), and Nagandel GX (UB Adhesive).

I'm curious though if Poipole will be a common card in the set (like Cosmog and Cosmoem were for Solgaleo and Lunala from SM1) just so you can evolve into Nagandel GX.

As for the one un-named GX, I'm gonna say it's gonna be Zeraora GX. Zeraora being a new Mythical Pokemon in USUM. It could Also be Palkia GX, in any case due to the Sinnoh theme. I think I'm gonna be hitting the hammer on the head about the Ultra Beast GX's but we'll have to wait and see.

These are my bets, keep them in mind ;)
What unnamed ultea beast there 5 in set u have both nercozma and the 3 u just nam3d

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I never said un-named ultra beast, just un-named GX.

All the GXs in Ultra Prism
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs
Credit to user: Mr Rhyperior

This is what I was talking about with the one, Un-named GX.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Palkia wont be in this set the 2 unnames are sologeo n luna gx. That japon got in last set so we know all the gx in this set

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Palkia wont be in this set the 2 unnames are sologeo n luna gx. That japon got in last set so we know all the gx in this set

No, its already been confirmed Solgaleo and Lunala won't be in this set, rather they'll be in SM6.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Source? Ive never seen that why wont we get it in this set sence japom had it for 4 months by then

And the new Solgaleo GX came out in a starter set in Japan on November 10th, which is before SM5. If things happen "chronologically," we should be expecting to see new Solgaleo GX before or at the same time as SM5, which comes with Dialga GX.
Credit to user: Duo

Notice the before, so it's not confirmed for SM5, It could be a tin set. Never thought in my life I would have to defend something that's already been discussed in a few articles, that these cards might not be in SM5.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Doesnt say sm6 it says sm5 or before. And due to releases amd how they been things it will be sm5. If we do get a tin instead we will get it before sm6.

supermattdab0ss

Sylveon is da b0ss
I predict Quadruple Colourless Energy Prism Star!!
More likely from what we have been seeing it will be a quadruple metal energy to finish off any last hopes of gardevoir. Just a thought, it would be nice if they brought back the old triple colorless though that was an awesome card.

AustintatiousGX

Aspiring Trainer
I'm glad to see them moving away from double typed Dragon Energy costs. As soon as they introduced both Noivern and Kommo-o GX they became unplayable later the same year because DDE rotated. I like the fix they're going for, make them require one type of energy, but it be the energy of their other primary type. It allows them to be teched, and even be played at all. I hope they decide to either reprint or make new Noivern and Kommo-o GX cards. Also, cannot wait to see Dragons that are weak to Dragon, the fact that they are all weak to Fairy makes it improbable for them to become meta. Also can we get Fairy Types that are weak to Psychic, to match up with the Poison Type in the TCG?

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Stinks that its weak to fairy but it has to weak to something. And will fit in great with any steel deck and looks fantastic.