News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

PieterPie

Aspiring Trainer
It sounds like you're underestimating Cynthia, especially in a format after N and Sycamore have rotated. In a few months, players will be split on Cynthia and whether or not it fits into their decks. After N and Sycamore are gone, what do we have with similar effects? Ilima (highly doubt this will ever see competitive play), Lillie, Hala, and Wicke. Maybe you can include Sophocles too. Out of everything that we currently have in the Sun and Moon sets, Cynthia is the most consistent and the least gimmicky or situational. Keeping Cynthia as a holo with TCPi's pull rates would be akin to N only being printed as an ultra rare on the same rarity of regular EX's and GX's. (That's essentially what the frequency of pulling holos has become now. It's pretty much on par with regular GX's.)

"I don't think those undaunted primes were even playable..." That's why I said this might not be the best comparison, both in playability and rarity. The point about the Primes was that sometimes TPCi does throw us a bone every now and then. If they decided to make Cynthia an uncommon, that would be a similar situation and would certainly be appreciated.

I'm not trying to argue. Sorry if it seems like it. I'm just trying to say this would suck if it stayed as a holo internationally.

I'm not trying to argue either, and I completely understand what you are saying, and that it could become a very expensive card. I think Cynthia would see another print and/or other good supporters would be printed/reprinted before/right after the rotation of n and sycamore.

I think $10 each for 1 set of staples isn't ridiculous, probably because I played in eras where there were multiple $5-10 staples in decks.

It probably is better that cynthia is an uncommon, I guess I just wanted to say it is good for the hobby as a whole to have a few expensive cards in the lowest rarity, such as shaymin and Lele

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm not trying to argue either, and I completely understand what you are saying, and that it could become a very expensive card. I think Cynthia would see another print and/or other good supporters would be printed/reprinted before/right after the rotation of n and sycamore.

I think $10 each for 1 set of staples isn't ridiculous, probably because I played in eras where there were multiple $5-10 staples in decks.

It probably is better that cynthia is an uncommon, I guess I just wanted to say it is good for the hobby as a whole to have a few expensive cards in the lowest rarity, such as shaymin and Lele
Thanks for understanding. I had a moment where I was wondering if I came off as a jerk at any point. :oops: You have to be right about eventual new great Supporters, though, because like I mentioned, we've kind of got slim pickings after the next rotation.

I'm fine with there being chase cards like Shaymin and Tapu Lele. Getting those can be frustrating for many people, though. While I was somehow fortunate enough to have pulled 4 Shaymins, I am currently at a whopping 1 Tapu Lele. :rolleyes: I guess, personally, there's just a difference between an ultra rare being expensive because it's good and a Trainer card being expensive because it's good and the rarity in the set was higher than it usually should be.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
We had a Dragon-type Dialga in Plasma Blast.

WHY DID WE GET THIS. WE DID NOT NEED THIS AT ALL.
WHY.

GX attack is the only really "standout" thing about it, all Metal "jokes" aside. (Seriously, this isn't even a joke at this point.) Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX/Dialga-GX/Magnezone with Mount Coronet, anyone?

Ilir Nikqi

Aspiring Trainer
Even tho it cost much, with all the new Metal energy acceleration cards and such, this has got to be the best GX attack released! use this GX attack to KO Lele, next turn, retreat into another high dmg attacker = 4 prizes

All metal needs now is a "metal patch " lolol

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Dialga-GX - Hmmm. Weak to Broski, accesible to Heavy Ball, standard HP for Basic GX, the attack is too expensive and underpowered, except the first one, the GX attack is nuts, lets you gave two turns to smash your opponent, two turns to hoard prizes, but for 5 Energy. Yes, Metal Support will help, but do you want to play lots of energy, just to use the "Once-per-game" attack? No. Prof. google said on his video, that he hates those GX attack that made him attsch extra energy just to use his "Once-per-game" attack. We have this similar case to Mewtwo-GX, Yeah, this card is pretty underwhelming. Sorry, I'll give it 1-2 Geodudes. The GX atk is good but it's too expensive

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
All the GXs in Ultra Prism
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs
Yeah, it is confirmed that Cool Solgaleo GX and Meh Lunala GX won't be in this set. So Gardevoir is having a deep breath now becuase the big threat is in the next set.

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus
  • 2 Unnamed, including the possible Energy Card.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
All the GXs in Ultra Prism
  • Dusk Mane Necrozma GX
  • Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
  • Glaceon GX
  • Leafeon GX
  • Dialga GX
  • Palkia GX
  • 1 Unnamed Non-UB GX
  • 3 Unnamed UB GXs
Yeah, it is confirmed that Cool Solgaleo GX and Meh Lunala GX won't be in this set. So Gardevoir is having a deep breath now becuase the big threat is in the next set.

Prism Star:
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Giratina
  • Cyrus
  • 2 Unnamed, including the possible Energy Card.
It will be Giratina, Blacephalon, Stakataka and Naganadel.

Mega Altaria

Hard-hitting Bug
You couldn't have made it a steel type? Well now this card has no synergy with Cyrus. Congrats Pokémon, you destroyed my only hope for dialga GX. but this card is still incredibly good

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
looks stupidly good paired with guzma and any metal-accelerating deck. guzma+CB and you're OHKOing a benched lele for 2 prizes and get to go again. shred also allows it to battle hoopa and alolan ninetales, although it can't ohko either.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Why do you think Giratina will be the last non-GX card? I mean, it's already gotten a Prism Star.

Also imma predict Palkia here:

Spaceless GX: Switch seats with your opponent.
Just because it makes sense to have trios. And I think that Palkia's GX will be this:

WWWCC: Spaceless GX 150

For the rest of the game, you may have as many Benched Pokémon as you like.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
They made this a dragon type without having the one thing that all dragons have. 2 energy type attacks. Dialga from Plasma Blast had a Psychic Metal combination, and the lack of Psychic energy to power up an attack means that this card should have been Metal type from the start.

I just feel that this card is a dragon for the sake of being a dragon, and not from a gameplay standpoint, where all dragons must have 2 energy type attacks.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
in before "While in play, Special Energy [Prism Star] provides every type of Energy, but provides [x] Energy at a time. If the Pokémon this Special Energy [Prism Star] uses a GX attack, it does not count towards the 1 GX attack per game rule. When the Pokémon this Special Energy [Prism Star] is attached to uses a GX attack, discard this card and put it in the Lost Zone."