'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Hey! How dare you offend Unova! jk
But honestly in my opinion, Unova is one of the best regions because of it's creative pokemon, it's cool legendaries, and awesome mythicals! I loved the Unova region pokemon episodes and I really think Unova should deserve some attention. I just don't get why everyone hates Unova. Who else likes the Unova region? Anybody? I really hope i'm not the only one.
I like it, but it's not my favorite region.

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Hate to break it to you but Unova is by FAR the least popular reason and I believe it was an excellent marketing decision to ignore it.
I know that but personally, I don't know why. I think it has to do with the anime (people seemed to not like the bw anime very much). in all honesty, the reasons I think people DON'T like gen 5 are the reasons I like it: most complex storyline (its sad that people can't appreciate this) a female protagonist who was not shipped with ash (personally i think shipping is dumb) team plazma actually made sense (okay, team flare does too) and all the great trainer cards

GoldenYungoos

A shiny Yungoos appeared!
Hey! How dare you offend Unova! jk
But honestly in my opinion, Unova is one of the best regions because of it's creative pokemon, it's cool legendaries, and awesome mythicals! I loved the Unova region pokemon episodes and I really think Unova should deserve some attention. I just don't get why everyone hates Unova. Who else likes the Unova region? Anybody? I really hope i'm not the only one.
EXACTLY

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
If it IS a kalos-based set (which I'm skeptical on) then Yveltal-GX and Xerneas-GX are surely confirmed.

Lycancario12

Aspiring Trainer
Xerneas GX and Yveltal GX in this set calling it. Hopefully, a better Ash Greninja is in this set like Ash Greninja GX. Plus, it would be really cool if both Ash Greninja GX and Lycanroc GX( Dusk form) GX were both in this set. If they wanted to show more Ash, it would be cool if they had an Ash's Pikachu GX also in the set

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
If it IS a kalos-based set (which I'm skeptical on) then Yveltal-GX and Xerneas-GX are surely confirmed.

I wonder...

Is it possible to give a "B" designation to old EXes(like those two) by replacing the "E"(or even giving the "E" the faded look) with a "G" in the "B" print? If so, that could prove that they do the same to other EXes if they feel like it...

^ The "B" print reminds me of the "A" print(which keeps the corresponding pokemon from being classified as a "true reprint" in terms of its rotation clock by leaving its previous set number and symbol on, with a lowercase "a" added to the left side of the card's set number). On the flip side, if that idea means these cards won't be considered reprints in the tournament environment, that could mean that this set might not offer as many new and/or fully-reprinted cards that are Standard-legal as other sets's offerings due to the "B" prints, an idea that I'm afraid will keep this deck from good sale numbers other than from those interested in Expanded...

Now, about that box that will be sold on February 16th in Japan...

I can see that changing prereleases in the USA: In the present, four packs of the current set are given out at start, along w/ a 22-card "Evolution Box" that contains trainers and random evolutionary lines of normal pokemon from the set, and you pick 40 of them to do three rounds of battles. After your 40 cards are built, and the battles conclude, as long as you followed the rules and protocols(meaning following the P!P judges' directions, committing no actions that result in you getting DQ'd if caught, among other principles that help maintain a fair play environment), you get two more packs...

^ If they decide on changing the prerelease structure w/ this box as a guide, they could remove the energies and trainers, and instead of SM6+ packs(if the box is an indication of a prerelease structure change, the box wouldn't be used stateside until two weeks before SM6's street date), they could put in 2 packs from past Standard-legal sets, and cut the 10 SM6 packs by three-fifths to make our new prerelease deck box...

While getting past sets is cool, what about the unlucky few that get sub-par pulls all around to put them at a disadvantage w/o the evolution box to help them?

^ Ah, the future is uncertain, so who knows if I'm right or wrong? Just stating my thoughts... Now, excuse me while I take my shower...

Last edited:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
New cards from this set revealed!
Incineroar GX HP 250
R-50-For each of your Benched Pokemon attatch a R energy from your discard pile to it.
RRA-200
RRA-GX Attack-100-Remove all damage counters from your R Pokemon.
Retreat AA

Pyroar GX HP 200
R-50-Attatch as many R energies as you like from your hand to your Pokemon.
RR-120
R-GX Attack-Look at the top 10 cards of your deck. You may attatch any R energies you find there to your Pokemon in any way you like.
Retreat AA

Volcanion GX HP 190
ABILITY-Same as Volcanion EXs, stacks with Volcanion EX.
RRA-120
R-GX Attack-100-During your next turn all your R Pokemon's attacks do 100 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Malva-Supporter
During this turn all your R Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Team Flare's Secret Base-Stadium
Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a R energy and attatch it to 1 of their R Pokemon. That player shuffles their deck afterwards.

Flare Energy-Special Energy
This card can only be attached to an R Pokemon. If this card stops being attatched to an R Pokemon it is discarded.
The R Pokemon this card is attatched to's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Love the Solgaleo jokes!xx

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
New cards from this set revealed!
Incineroar GX HP 250
R-50-For each of your Benched Pokemon attatch a R energy from your discard pile to it.
RRA-200
RRA-GX Attack-100-Remove all damage counters from your R Pokemon.
Retreat AA

Pyroar GX HP 200
R-50-Attatch as many R energies as you like from your hand to your Pokemon.
RR-120
R-GX Attack-Look at the top 10 cards of your deck. You may attatch any R energies you find there to your Pokemon in any way you like.
Retreat AA

Volcanion GX HP 190
ABILITY-Same as Volcanion EXs, stacks with Volcanion EX.
RRA-120
R-GX Attack-100-During your next turn all your R Pokemon's attacks do 100 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Malva-Supporter
During this turn all your R Pokemon's attacks do 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Team Flare's Secret Base-Stadium
Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for a R energy and attatch it to 1 of their R Pokemon. That player shuffles their deck afterwards.

Flare Energy-Special Energy
This card can only be attached to an R Pokemon. If this card stops being attatched to an R Pokemon it is discarded.
The R Pokemon this card is attatched to's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon.

Love the Solgaleo jokes!xx

Can I have proof or disproof of those? Or should I say, assuming what you posted is legit, could you send the leak to WPM/'Beach admins? When it comes to leaks such as what your post implies, the admins should be informed about it so they could verify it, and, if it's a genuine leak, post such cards on the 'Beach news section... If not serious and guessing, you may disregard my request, and who knows if your post will stay up for long(Not minimodding, but just curious regarding whether or not your post is for real)...

^ Speculation related to topic is allowed, but I'd prefer not to post an official(and serious) new card claim w/o a prior official acknowledgement or genuine sighting from an official channel(pokemon.com, an official product sighting that didn't exist before(with documentation), etc.)...

Last edited:

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Can I have proof or disproof of those? Or should I say, assuming what you posted is legit, could you send the leak to WPM/'Beach admins? When it comes to leaks such as what your post implies, the admins should be informed about it so they could verify it, and, if it's a genuine leak, post such cards on the 'Beach news section... If not serious and guessing, you may disregard my request, and who knows if your post will stay up for long(Not minimodding, but just curious regarding whether or not your post is for real)...

^ Speculation related to topic is allowed, but I'd prefer not to post an official(and serious) new card claim w/o a prior official acknowledgement or genuine sighting from an official channel(pokemon.com, an official product sighting that didn't exist before(with documentation), etc.)...
Do you realise this was a joke?! The joke is that by the time SM6 is released the new Solgaleo will be so overpowered that Pokemon will have to give it the Gardy treatment and print lots of OP Fire-Types.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Do you realise this was a joke?! The joke is that by the time SM6 is released the new Solgaleo will be so overpowered that Pokemon will have to give it the Gardy treatment and print lots of OP Fire-Types.
That better not happen. I'm banking on Solgaleo, plus you forget the new ability gets rid of weakness to R type pokemon.

Charjabus

Beep Beep
Geez I thought "Burning Shadows" was already edgy enough of a name as it is. But still a really cool name nonetheless.