Heatran Promo in January's 'CoroCoro Ichiban' Magazine

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
Interesting. However, did we really need more "get energy" metal cards? They are actually going overboard with this. This will probably be teched into solgaleo though, right?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Interesting. However, did we really need more "get energy" metal cards? They are actually going overboard with this. This will probably be teched into solgaleo though, right?

They realized they messed up with Gardevoir-GX.

crystal_pidgeot

They kinda over-corrected though...

I don't think so. All we need is a Prism Start Supporter that puts a metal Pokemon from the deck, hand or discard pile into play so we can get that new Solgaleo-GX and then they would have over corrected.

But what happens when they have the new solgaleo running rampid with not much counter play? I am scared power levels will be at a scary high once all this is said and done.

This is why I said it would be a problem not rotating to Evolutions-On. We have cards that need to compete with broken BW/XY cards so GX Pokemon are going to be even more overpowered then they would have ended up being. It only gets worst from here.

Waplozes

*Trumpeting Peaks*
I don't think so. All we need is a Prism Start Supporter that puts a metal Pokemon from the deck, hand or discard pile into play so we can get that new Solgaleo-GX and then they would have over corrected.
I agree. However, with the Dusk Mane Nezrozma, This Heatran, Cyrus, Newgaleo GX, and presumably some others, Gardevoir has been beaten to a pulp. There is really no coming back for this. Hopefully, metal doesn't get so overpowered that fire gets overcorrected like this.

crystal_pidgeot

I agree. However, with the Dusk Mane Nezrozma, This Heatran, Cyrus, Newgaleo GX, and presumably some others, Gardevoir has been beaten to a pulp. There is really no coming back for this. Hopefully, metal doesn't get so overpowered that fire gets overcorrected like this.

Well, we don't know this yet. People said Kartana-GX was the Gardy killer. I honestly believe the new Glaceon-GX does a better job at this.

Etunes

Aspiring Trainer
This is why I said it would be a problem not rotating to Evolutions-On. We have cards that need to compete with broken BW/XY cards so GX Pokemon are going to be even more overpowered then they would have ended up being. It only gets worst from here.

I remember you saying this and i defiantly agree. The thing is we look at cards coming out recently (example: leafeon GX) which have low damage output we look at it and cant find much use for it outside of maybe utility support. BUT once the next rotation comes around and we get S&M on or w.e it ends up being, we would end up with a format that slows down with less heavy hitters (reminds me of hgss era of cards). But then they come with things like gard (which isnt the worst imo) and especially this solgaleo and it blows that out of the water.

I could just see it becoming a format with a few decks dominating due to the fact certain pokemon cards are just too strong and everything being much less diverse.

I guess time shall tell and we will see what happens. All i can say is PLEASE WE DONT NEED MORE METAL SUPPORT. lol

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Ok metal energy acceleration I guess but not great we have better options

I disagree personally (but maybe that's because I love Heatran and want it to do well). It's not about better or worse. Metal right now draws from the discard... but if you have no Metal in the discard you really can't do much (without using Sol Burst). I'm looking forward to trying a Metal Toolbox type deck list with all of these different Metal tech options.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
They realized they messed up with Gardevoir-GX.

If they messed up Gardevoir GX then it would have been a Tier 0 deck. Gardevoir isn't a broken deck. And with all honesty it's just one card not an entire archetype. Metal has every possible energy acceleration now: Energy from Discard Pile, unlimited from Hand AND from deck AND nerf-Max Elixir into a card. Lastly, take a closer look into the tops of the last 7 major tournaments so far and the representation of Gardevoir in the Top 8. Among the hilariously small representation in the top 8, you'll also notice a that Gardevoir isn't a deck that wins because of the deck itself but from the people that pilot it. And just this fact alone: this deck doesn't win you any tournament (in comparison to other TCGs like Yugioh) is a great achievement of the Pokemon Company.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Heatran - Stop with the Gen 4 references. It triggers my love for Sinnoh. And also, stop giving Metal so much love. We have Metagross, we have Registeel, we have Solgaleo, both,no. Three of them (2 GX, 1 Prism), we have Magnezone, we have Dusk Mane, do we need this???!! And also, the basics: Weak to Volcanion, access to Heavy Ball, standard HP for regular basics. 4 Geodudes.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I don't think so. All we need is a Prism Start Supporter that puts a metal Pokemon from the deck, hand or discard pile into play so we can get...

Evolutions??! Eeww!! That is the most trashiest and last XY set that we have. Better SM-on