General Remember Bionicle?

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Guys, this might sound stupid, and it seems pretty random, but ever since I found my old LEGO Bionicle sets from 2009-ish in my closet yesterday, I have been constantly reminiscing about how awesome the sets were and how incredible the story lines were in the comics and tv shows. For me, collecting Bionicles was done much too obsessively to be considered a hobby. To me, it was much more than that. One of the coolest parts was meeting up and trading with friends (now I trade Pokemon cards with friends, but that's another story).

So did you guys ever have a favorite Bionicle series? Or even just a favorite character? If you even had an awesome experience or memory from the Bionicle-craze days, please let me know. Thanks dudes!

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
I never actually read the comics or watched the series, tbh I don't think I even knew there was a series. I was very into the LEGO sets and liked the figures. I collected them and put the on my shelves next to my Ben 10 figures.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
I never actually read the comics or watched the series, tbh I don't think I even knew there was a series. I was very into the LEGO sets and liked the figures. I collected them and put the on my shelves next to my Ben 10 figures.
Many people didn't know that there was a series anyways, so that doesn't matter as much. Agreeably, the LEGO sets were just freaking awesome to collect :)

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Oh, right in the childhood...
I remember getting all 6 Toa Nuva for a Christmas Present around the time I was 6-7... definitely my favorite series.

And the movies were also really really cool to me!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
I had all the red ones up to the Piraka, and most if not all the other ones that came in the canisters.

I remember Mom had to pick up the initial Toa Tahu for me out in Chicago when they were first released. I collected them and spent so much money on them for so long until I slowly grew out of it. Bionicle will always be a significant part of my childhood.

My favorites were Tahu and Lewa for sure. The movies were legit also, just like you said @DragonFang101!

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
My goodness Bionicle was literally my childhood

I collected quite a few of them and was a fan from the early years right up to the ending. I found the Gen 2 Bionicles didn't quite live up to the originals (but I'd pretty much grown out of it when the G2 sets came out so that might have had an influence on my opinion).

I'm not sure if I'd say I had a favourite set (although I loved all the vehicles they made), but I really liked the underwater theme.

beebahboo

Collector
For sure! Their slug brain things were so cool to me, for whatever reason.
I remember playing the internet browser game too.