News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Looks nice. Seems like a mid-game to late-game supporter that works wonders versus evolution decks. Could see this in Solgaleo but even more so in Metal Silvally.

DingusDanglers

Aspiring Trainer
New prediction time, I suppose (bolded = already confirmed)
  • Solgaleo
  • Lunala
  • Cyrus
  • Some sort of prism energy
  • An item card (most likely one that lets you search your deck for a prism card)
  • Ultra Necrozma (Would be a hell of a first card and would be playable for one of the same reasons as Solgaleo and Lunala, that being the fact that it's basic and not an evolution

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Prism Card continue the trend of Powerful effects but once per game like the GX attacks. They are basically GX cards.

I wouldn't be surprised if 8/10 prism cards saw play and above all if the Prism Energy is a double rainbow, but limited to 1 per deck. Cyrus of course and will see play. Gardevoir players have already switched to Plea GX just for the disruptive effect alone and Cyrus makes it not only more accessible to every deck, but way more powerful. Prism could potentially powercreep the game.

Last edited:

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Cyrus Prism Star - #AnotherGen4Reference. Plus the fact that it can be used on Solgaleo and Ninetales on the active has some resemblance of Dialga(Metal) and Palkia(Water). Does it mean Palkia and Dialga will be on the Ultra Prism set, too? Back to the card, its like Plea GX, but you didn't use it as an actual attack. Cool, but the problem is.. the opponent has the control. It's like Escape Rope where the opponent has the control not yours. But Guzma is different. It's an Escape Rope but in your control. I hope it didn't make that condition. They just copy Plea GX's effect, because you see, if the opponent plays a Golisopod, the opponent may took Golisopod and Lele to reuse it again, especially Golisopod's First Impression. For now, it's 3 Geodudes for Solgaleo/Metagross Decks.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Thinking about it, it's basically a once per game Parallel City to 2 (which if you do combo it with Plea GX would be stupid good). But it's all shuffled back into the deck and Leles sitting on bench will be back in the deck for your opponent's reuse (and frankly most games have players with 1-2 Leles sitting there) plus it uses your Supporter for the turn it isn't always going to be the massive blow to your opponent that it you want it to be.

So outside of Plea GX combo its a good card but i don't think it's too powerful. And even with the Plea combo it's a bit convoluted since you have to get a W or M pokemon out in what would be a fairy deck so this would mean you retreat to the W/M pokemon, play Cyrus, play a card effect that switches to get the Sylveon out (that isn't Guzma because it's a supporter) and then use Plea GX

Last edited:

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
^^^ Lololol glad I know how to read. Nonetheless, the Supporter is still pretty good imo. Parallel + this could mean serious business. Forcing your opponent to send backup attackers or N protection is still huge.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
^^^ Lololol glad I know how to read. Nonetheless, the Supporter is still pretty good imo. Parallel + this could mean serious business. Forcing your opponent to send backup attackers or N protection is still huge.
Parallel City doesn't do anything for Cyrus except make some of them discarded instead, they end up at the same 2 Pokemon either way

Mr. Rhyperior

• Missing Clover - Good with Kartana for finishing effect. Recovers with Raticate (hopefully you won't get N'd) to search all clovers in your deck + recovery = taking 2 Final Prizes FTW. Forget Guzzlord GX since its GX atk isn't affected by Weakness and too clunky to set up, just to take 4 prizes on KOing a GX. Means, #NobodyIsWeakToDark. The Q is, is there any room for this? 3Geodudes
  • @steffenka , forgive me.

Mr. Rhyperior

#SinnohBabyAlert. Still hoping for a Rhyperior since Rhyperior is a Sinnoh Pokemon and used by Giovanni in USUM. I really Love Rhyperior.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
You can use this with TLC Milotic to bring your opponent's bench down to 1, that's a thing. I don't think it's very good, but it is a thing...
Generally I think parallel city is just much better than this for these 5 reasons:
1. Parallel city is more splashable, it doesn't force you to play w/m, admittedly it does give you a debuff if you play grass/water/fire. But still 7 types are better than 2 types.
2. It doesn't use your supporter for the turn and replaces the stadium
3. It discards the Pokemon instead of shuffling them into the deck
4. It actually locks the bench down. This is the biggest advantage. Your opponent can just put them back if you use Cyrus. ( If he draws into them, but that shouldn't be that much of a problem.)
5. It's more versatile because it has multiple ways you can use it. ( limit opp. bench, get rid of your own Pokemon, reduce opp. damage, reduce your own damage to dodge a deadly mad bull or Ice path) The last one is pretty niche though =P

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Considering that the card's name is "Cyrus [Prism symbol]", I wonder if we're getting a regular Cyrus card too.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Parallel City doesn't do anything for Cyrus except make some of them discarded instead, they end up at the same 2 Pokemon either way

Parallel makes the opponent believe he can dump two Lele into the discard, Cyrus bumps another to put even more pressure on the opponent, now realizing he has to sacrifice a Pokémon he already set up, needs to protect, etc. Parallel does a lot for Cyrus.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Parallel makes the opponent believe he can dump two Lele into the discard, Cyrus bumps another to put even more pressure on the opponent, now realizing he has to sacrifice a Pokémon he already set up, needs to protect, etc. Parallel does a lot for Cyrus.

Will this holds true the opponent will still end up with two benched Pokémon at the end. The main difference is that they discarded some of their Pokémon instead of shuffling them back into their deck. Depending on the timing this could be better or worse. Mid to late game they could recover their Tapu Lele GX with Rescue Stretcher when discarded with Parallel City. Retrieving them from the deck could be harder when the opponent already used up several of their draw supporters. Early game retrieving stuff from the deck may be easier. For these reasons I feel that Cyrus is an excellent mid to late game disruption card. It can work well in any Metal deck such as Solgaleo and Metal Silvally and any Water deck such as Alolan Ninetales and Water Box. Water has the advantage that it can combo Cyrus Prism Star with Tapu Fini to reduce the number of Pokémon available to the opponent to two.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Notes that it says your opponent chooses, so if thry have 2 benched leles they can just shuffle them right back, on the otherhand if you dont need a t1 brigetfe you could use this to negate your opponents bfigette somewhat. So its definitely not a bad card and will probably see play in the upcoming solgaleo decks

You could combo this with Parallel City though which is normally where they would discard their Lele. Plus this + Plea GX could wreck a late game Gardy.