News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Interesting... A damaging Item locker that could do it pretty efficiently, unlike Noivern-GX. There are a few issues to figure out, though:

1. Damage output. 30 damage is sadly not good to use for long in a slower format we now have. Item lock isn't as good as it used to be, either: Supporters like Acerola and Guzma are still powerful tools that easily upend a lock strategy, as well as the super efficient energy costs we value.

2. Support. if we consider using the Shining Celebi-Luxray combo, as well as Tapu-Lele-GX for Brigette, we're left with less bench space for other support to energy accelerate, develop more Luxray, or boost damage. The support really needs to be a Big basic, too, to work with an attacking Stage 2 line. So far, Electric support comes mainly from other Stage 2's, which makes any ideas with them look clunky...

Sorry to say it, but I don't see it having the right tools to make the cards work yet.
How does acerola and guzma stop item lock?

Firstly, *Luxray

I'm sorry, what makes them rubbish? Two of them are drawn by manga artists who have years of experience.
They have been with Pokemon for years and barely anyone complains.

Is that avatar your own artwork? if so is this an ego thing?

WOH, back the train up, hold your horses or whatever the heck you need to do. That's his own opinion that the art is rubbish. You my friend are a snake ready to snap at anyone, what is your deal? Going right to the ego card with ZERO prior evidence of him having one? Who are you to say something like that? That is a borderline low blow.

And are YOU a manga artist to determine his statement?
A: Absolutely not
B: It's HIS opinion, that's a basic ELA tool everyone uses every day, he has the right to use it without being criticized.

You also have to realize that is your opinion that the artwork is not rubbish. It's borderline lowly and rude to criticize someone for their opinion.
I've said my piece for your disgusting statement.

Our favorite Strategy returns Locking your opponent out of items. At least it's not an ability though.

you know what players love? not being able to play half of their cards. lets try and implement that as much as possible.

Honestly before people go all nuts over Item Lock in format again, remember that this line in of itself applies very little damage pressure on the opponent, and decks like Gardevoir and Golisopod absolutely love playing matchups where the opponent struggles to do damage.

coin flip meta incoming, with effects this broken, not even the unreliability of coin flips will get in the way. second coin flip victini is gonna skyrocket in price

coin flip meta incoming, with effects this broken, not even the unreliability of coin flips will get in the way. second coin flip victini is gonna skyrocket in price
The effect of this attack, however, is not affected by second coin flip Victini.

The effect of this attack, however, is not affected by second coin flip Victini.
it was mostly a joke statement following the "coin flip meta incoming", but i guess for newer players putting that this attack isn't affected (since it's on the opponent's turn) is important.

This card is grossly overpowered since in can OHKO all pokemon weak to normal that currently exist in the standard format.

The background is beautiful. But her art style has evolved. Recently her Pokémon look more reflecting, plastic-like than the background. With some arts, background and Pokémon seem to be different art and then put together. If you look at the Luxio, then they both are the same drawing style.

wait a second. this artist did the artwork for one of my favourite gen 1 cards Big Eggsplosion Exeggutor... even more hype.

That Exeggutor is awesome with buzzap electrode in gen 1, because unlike the electrode in evolutions you can attach it to any pokemon, and it provides double of any energy, so electrode can be 2 psychic.

Fast forward to gen 2 and the jungle Exeggutor gets reprinted in Legendary collection. With wild growth Meganium in the format that doubles all grass energy, Exeggutor is even more of a threat.

Honestly, I think skipping out on Luxray altogether is the right choice here, especially if you're playing this as a tech. Just splash in a 2/2 line up to Luxio and choke your opponent for a little in the early game. You only lose 1 prize, forcing the 7 prize game anyway.

As already discussed in previous posts, Rare Candy defeats the purpose of Shining Celebi, and you really aren't playing Luxray as a main attacker here. You also have 2 easy KOs on your bench if you have both the Celebi and anything not yet a Luxray, not to mention really tight bench space as well.

I find this evolution line very interesting because it's the first line that I've seen where the stage 1 middle evolution is conditionally better than evolving up all the way, especially thanks to the Shinx.

I think there are 2 routes to take here.

Route 1 is to splash in a 2/2 or 3/3 line only up to Luxio into any other deck to prevent your opponent from getting set up early. The 30 damage is significant early game, and if you're against a Stage 2 deck, which you likely are nowadays, you can stop ultra balls and fast evolution rare candies. That's very significant for slowing your opponent down. 1 or 2 turns of Luxio while you get set up can be the game decider in a mirror match.

Route 2 is, as mentioned before, to go all the way into Luxray BREAK including Shining Celebi for item lock on a mathematically 200 HP 1 prize Pokemon as well as including Rayquaza from Guardian's Rising so that you have the option to snipe 150 or build up the energy for guaranteed 2 hit KOs with BREAK's attack, and maybe the occasional lucky cheeky OHKO. The main issue with this route is that you're even slower than Greninja BREAK since you don't have something as potent as water duplicates, and you are interested in having at least one Luxio as part of one of your evolution lines in order to make Shining Celebi worth it at all. You really have to have item lock in place to have an evolution line this slow get set up. Shinx's ability helps to mitigate this a bit, but the timing window of it is so specific that I wouldn't call it reliable.

Back