• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Metal Silvally

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Type: Null CIN 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 1 Cobalion STS 74
* 2 Kartana-GX CIN 106
* 1 Magearna-EX STS 110
* 2 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Scizor-EX BKP 119
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Psychic Memory CIN 98
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Guzma BUS 143
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Fighting Memory CIN 94
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 7 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Out of the two main decks that have been gaining hype from CIN, Buzzwole/Garbodor and Metal Silvally, I personally prefer Metal Silvie. It has answers to Buzzwole, Espeon, Gardevoir and Alolan Ninetales, as well as 1HKOing Garbodor, and doesn’t have any heavily unfavourable matchups. It aims to utilise Silvally-GX’s Gyro Unit ability to provide the ultimate mobility for these attackers and switch into whichever one is the most useful. Let me know what you think of the deck.

Im ot a big fan of Kartana in this deck, Rebel is better and can garuntee at least one prize while advancing board state
I would go:
-2 Kartana
+2 Tapu Lele GX

Im ot a big fan of Kartana in this deck, Rebel is better and can garuntee at least one prize while advancing board state
I would go:
-2 Kartana
+2 Tapu Lele GX
Rebel is great and I will always use it but Kartana is primarily for the ability and the attack is decent. I will drop 1 though. I cannot possibly add 2 Lele as I already play 3 xD.

Rebel is great and I will always use it but Kartana is primarily for the ability and the attack is decent. I will drop 1 though. I cannot possibly add 2 Lele as I already play 3 xD.
Whoops i didnt see the leles. Wow.

I think it's a good list, but decks always have room for improvement. I would say take out 1 Kartana, a Skyla, both Fighting Fury Belts, and add another Registeel, another N, another Sycamore, and maybe a Counter Catcher.

Why play Reverse Valley? Registeel isn't bulky enough for 10 damage to make a difference, and it doesn't apply to Silvally. I say play Parallel City for the amount of pressure it applies while also keeping your opponent from playing Leles and getting more draw support. It also disrupts Brigette, which is good.

Hi joffreyspikes,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

-1 Kartana GX (one is sufficient to discard special energies and can be reused by shuffling it back into the deck with its attack)
-1 Scizor EX (He does not hit hard enough and has too low HP. Besides that Registeel and Cobalion suffice as metal attackers from experience)

-2 Skyla (one is sufficient to search out memories when needed; the deck benefits a lot more from direct draw support)
-1 Super Rod (runs counter to accelerating from the discard)
-1 Reverse Valley (gumball51321 already covered this issue)
-2 Fighting Fury Belt (Choice Band works better here)

+1 Professor Sycamore (best supporter in the game)
+1 N (second best supporter in the game)
+1 Guzma (third best supporter)

+1 Choice Band (helps more and is more versatile)
+1 Rescue Stretcher, Acerola or Field Blower (additional recovery or discard depending on your local meta)

+1 Parallel City (works both ways in this deck and constitutes a decent counter stadium)

+2 Metal Energy (Turbo Arm and Turbo Drive accelerate from the discard and you want to discard some metal energies fast to set up.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Why play Reverse Valley? Registeel isn't bulky enough for 10 damage to make a difference, and it doesn't apply to Silvally. I say play Parallel City for the amount of pressure it applies while also keeping your opponent from playing Leles and getting more draw support. It also disrupts Brigette, which is good.
Hi joffreyspikes,

Nice list. Consider these modifications:

-1 Kartana GX (one is sufficient to discard special energies and can be reused by shuffling it back into the deck with its attack)
-1 Scizor EX (He does not hit hard enough and has too low HP. Besides that Registeel and Cobalion suffice as metal attackers from experience)

-2 Skyla (one is sufficient to search out memories when needed; the deck benefits a lot more from direct draw support)
-1 Super Rod (runs counter to accelerating from the discard)
-1 Reverse Valley (gumball51321 already covered this issue)
-2 Fighting Fury Belt (Choice Band works better here)

+1 Professor Sycamore (best supporter in the game)
+1 N (second best supporter in the game)
+1 Guzma (third best supporter)

+1 Choice Band (helps more and is more versatile)
+1 Rescue Stretcher, Acerola or Field Blower (additional recovery or discard depending on your local meta)

+1 Parallel City (works both ways in this deck and constitutes a decent counter stadium)

+2 Metal Energy (Turbo Arm and Turbo Drive accelerate from the discard and you want to discard some metal energies fast to set up.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.
Thanks very much for the advce both of you, I will be making these alterations with the exception of the Scizor-EX. I like him a lot here because two Energy (which is only one attachment and a Turbo Drive/Arm) and Choice Band will 1HKO a Gardevoir-GX whereas it takes 3 Energy + Band and Registeel.

Thanks very much for the advce both of you, I will be making these alterations with the exception of the Scizor-EX. I like him a lot here because two Energy (which is only one attachment and a Turbo Drive/Arm) and Choice Band will 1HKO a Gardevoir-GX whereas it takes 3 Energy + Band and Registeel.
That's cool. Scizor is something I personally am iffy about, but I'd probably play anyway, since there's like, no big basic metal attackers that are half decent like Scizor. But something about that to keep in mind is that 3 Energy for Registeel isn't that hard to set up, and Gardy takes exactly 1 prize for it, which is a huge advantage. Also keep in mind that 1 Turbo Arm then Kartana with a Band does perfect math against Gardy. All while they can't do anything about taking more prizes unless they want to put forth the effort to KO Silvally with a Guzma. Another thing I'd change if I were you is your Type: Null count. 3 is okay, but from what I can tell, you almost always want to start it unless you're playing against Gardy. I also imagine how I think games will go down, and I assume that you're bound to be behind on the prize trade in almost every game at some point, so I would consider teching a Counter Catcher, because in that last stretch of the game, you can dig through the rest of your resources, and take those last prizes from something wide open on the bench.

To anyone worrying about Buzzwole, I played against my friend who was using buzzwole and I was playing a list very similar to this, I managed to win 2-0. Beefy basics like type null mean that buzzwole needs a strong energy+ a FFB to get a KO. Just keep your pyschic memories in your hand until you need a KO, and rebel is an amazing GX attack.

-1 Kartana-GX
-1 Scizor-EX
-2 Fighting Fury Belt
-1 Reverse Valley
-1 Acerola
-2 Skyla

+4 Max Elixir
+1 Celesteela-GX
+1 Professor Sycamore
+2 Metal Energy

Back