• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Another Golisopod Garb

formula1man

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
hi folks. Another Goli/Garb here.
I have been playing this for a while and just struggling to get it as consistent as I want. I tried a third lele and it killed the deck. Started with it all the time.

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Wimpod BUS 16
* 3 Golisopod-GX BUS 17
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 3 Trubbish GRI 50
* 1 Garbodor GRI 51
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57
* 1 Tapu Fini-GX BUS 39

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Heavy Ball BKT 140
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137

##Energy - 11

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 3 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 4 Grass Energy 1

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Seems solid but I am never a supporter of 2 Brigette. Try Jolteon-EX instead as your worst matchup is Volcanion and replace Tapu Fini-GX with Xurkitree-GX or Kartana-GX as they both have better GX attacks and better abilities.

You might want to switch the counts of Basic Grass and DCE too.

Last edited:

formula1man

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
So I came 8th out of 24 in my league challenge with this (swapped energy counts) I beat two drampa and 1 Gardevoir. (Got lucky in that one) but lost to a volcanion and a better Gardevoir player. They both ended up as the top 2 so my percentage was very good which allowed me to finish 8th and get some points. I might try jolteon next time for volc. But I think that match up it almost unwinnable. My question is what is the best way to beat Gardevoir with this deck? It is a very hard slog.

How would espeon ex go for garde?

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
I run a pretty similar Goligarb but I have Espeon instead of Fini. It works pretty well when they rare candyed their Garde or Metagross. It is also nice when you start with Espeon and use it for the first 3 turns or so and they are unable to evolve because everything gets devolved next turn.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
So I came 8th out of 24 in my league challenge with this (swapped energy counts) I beat two drampa and 1 Gardevoir. (Got lucky in that one) but lost to a volcanion and a better Gardevoir player. They both ended up as the top 2 so my percentage was very good which allowed me to finish 8th and get some points. I might try jolteon next time for volc. But I think that match up it almost unwinnable. My question is what is the best way to beat Gardevoir with this deck? It is a very hard slog.

How would espeon ex go for garde?
Volc isn't unwinnable for Goli. Stalling for one turn with Jolteon is all you need for a First Impression/Armor Press knockout.