News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Nice card. A direct counter to spread decks. Cannot wait for the stage one that hits 50 for each opposing Pokémon with an ability for one energy. Would be a lot of fun if it would be an alternate Garbodor :p.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
A new stage 1?
Is it a new Pokemon? Or just a new card?

I couldn't imagine it being a brand new Pokemon. They would've revealed something like that a while ago in some kind of USUM trailer.

If it is however, it would be the first time TCPI reveals a brand new Pokemon and slaps that Pokemon into a TCG expansion before its slapped into a game.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
That stage one Pokemon sounds like he could be really good, and the probable counter we could need for the new Solgaleo GX. Since both of the Solgaleo GX and the Tapu Lele GX have an ability, it'll mean that this card could really hit for massive damage against them. I really hope this guy isn't a psychic type though, because Solgaleo's resistance to it. This card could be really great (or really awful)

Drifblim is ok. Neither of it's attacks are awful, and on a basic Pokemon this could have been decent, but this is never really going to see play.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
That stage one Pokemon sounds like he could be really good, and the probable counter we could need for the new Solgaleo GX. Since both of the Solgaleo GX and the Tapu Lele GX have an ability, it'll mean that this card could really hit for massive damage against them. I really hope this guy isn't a psychic type though, because Solgaleo's resistance to it. This card could be really great (or really awful)

Drifblim is ok. Neither of it's attacks are awful, and on a basic Pokemon this could have been decent, but this is never really going to see play.

Why the new Solgaleo, that card is the least of the new sets threats.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Sadly for Drifblim, due to being a stage 1, a player can anticipate in advance when Koko shouldn't be played when a Driftloon is on the bench. This makes the card more of a "check" than an actual counter.

In addition, if Koko was a problematic issue in the meta, I'd rather use the Rotom from Fates Collide: It is a basic that can just be benched, given a DCE, and easily remove the 20 damage from each pokemon to the opponent's Tapu. Weaker, yes, but a much less anticipated move, as you could perform it in one turn much easier than Drifblim.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
That's not the point.

Lol... what? Then what is the point? You said that the new Solgaleo is the least of the new set's threats. So you apparently know the other cards in the set to make that statement, right?

thewayne012

Aspiring Trainer
I like the partial stage one. 50 for each ability will be good against Gardevoir. Gardevoir, Gallade,octillery, tapu lele have all ability so you could easyly hit for 200-230 with choice band

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
That partial stage 1 sounds nice. There are a lot of abilities to go around right not, not including espeon/garb/drampa decks.

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Difblim seems to have a ton of potential. It's basically Rotom FCO on steroids, hardcountering spread decks. Even purposefully evolving your Pokemon when you have Po Town in play might be a thing with this. I just love how pokemon prints a counter to every playstyle. They are really pushing the rock/paper/scissor aspect of the game.

As for the Pokemon we only know the attack of: This could be insane, if it either is a pokemon, that has another good attack or ability, or if it evolves from a pokemon that already had a good evolution ( Similar to Trashalanche Garbodor coming in when we already had Garbotoxin ). If not, this is still going to be a really good tech against a good portion of the current ( and probably future ) meta, as it is basically a concentrated Rule of Evil without the drawback. If it will be good, it's probably going to make Garbodor variants bdif again, seeing as garbotoxin limits the damage outpout to 50. (And they generally don't play a lot of abilitiys)

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Lol... what? Then what is the point? You said that the new Solgaleo is the least of the new set's threats. So you apparently know the other cards in the set to make that statement, right?

Of course there aren't any other threats right now, what I was trying to say, is that there are going to be threats much bigger than a simple card like Solgaleo.

Last edited:

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
You stinking fool, of course there aren't any other threats right now, what I was trying to say, is that there are going to be threats much bigger than a simple card like Solgaleo.
Dude, totally uncalled for. Also, you didn't make that very clear. We can't read your mind.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Drifblim - doing 40 for DCE from any of your Pokémon that is benefitted from Po Town or Tapu Koko's atk is good. Too low but its good.
Edit: 40 from each?? Not just one?? So, it can deal up to 240 and bypasses Xurkitree. Awesome!! 4-5 Geodudes.

Last edited: