Event Winners of PokeBeach's September 2017 TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Here are the skill-based winners' deck lists:

Triforce19

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Grubbin SUM 13
* 2 Tapu Bulu-GX PR-SM SM32
* 1 Charjabug SUM 51
* 3 Vikavolt SUM 52
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Skyla BKP 122
* 3 N DEX 96
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Switch SUM 132
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Escape Rope PRC 127
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113

##Energy - 12

* 7 Grass Energy GEN 75
* 5 Lightning Energy GEN 78

jpkemperor

##Pokémon - 18

* 1 Smeargle BKT 123
* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 2 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 1 Giratina PR-XY XY184
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Max Potion EPO 94
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 N NVI 92
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135

##Energy - 10

* 3 Water Energy HS 117
* 6 Metal Energy Energy 8
* 1 Psychic Energy HS 119

Coolpilot

* 2 Sneasel BUS 85
* 2 Weavile BUS 86
* 4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 117
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Wobbuffet GEN 111

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 2 Hala GRI 126
* 3 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FAC 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 12

* 8 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Gengar master

##Pokémon - 18

* 2 Oddish BUS 4
* 1 Vileplume BUS 6
* 4 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 139
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Hala GRI 143
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Max Potion PLF 121
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 N NVI 101
* 4 Rare Candy PLB 105
* 1 Float Stone PLF 99

##Energy - 10

* 8 Metal Energy SUM 163
* 2 Psychic Energy SUM 162

Dooley Noted

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Diancie BUS 94
* 4 Ralts BUS 91
* 3 Kirlia BUS 92
* 3 Gardevoir-GX BUS 93
* 1 Gallade BKT 84
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 28

* 2 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Fairy Drop FAC 99
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Fairy Garden FAC 100
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 N NVI 101
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fairy Energy XYEnergy 2
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That interview was so interesting and informative, whoever conducted it should be given huge amounts of praise and a fat raise. :)

Congrats to the winners, stay tuned for November's tournament. Ideally it'll be posted Sunday but we'll see, I have a very busy weekend ahead of me.

BossZombie123

Aspiring Trainer
I would join these tournaments but I don't have any Tapu Lele and I'm at school so much that I'd probably miss my rounds :(

dweebyartpunker

Aspiring Trainer
Don't get discouraged @BossZombie123

There's nothing to lose from joining these monthly tournaments... They're free! Try to be creative and see how it works out in a competitive atmosphere. Idk how busy your schedule is, but I've met lots of people in theses tournaments that are incredibly awesome for working around my lack of free-time. Sometimes, I'll have the entire day available while my opponent only has 2-3 hours to work with between coming home from work and going to bed. Most of the time, it's the other way around and it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

TenshiHikaru

Aspiring Trainer
I started to play the online game to get used to the game. Ive been collection this cards for more than 10 years now but never looked into the game. I was wondering if anybody can tell me how did you learn to build your own decks? I just playing with the pre build one but sometimes i have the feeling that they are not that good :D Its enough for the beginning but im trying to figure out how to start with a new deck :D Any good directions?

supermattdab0ss

Sylveon is da b0ss
I started to play the online game to get used to the game. Ive been collection this cards for more than 10 years now but never looked into the game. I was wondering if anybody can tell me how did you learn to build your own decks? I just playing with the pre build one but sometimes i have the feeling that they are not that good :D Its enough for the beginning but im trying to figure out how to start wiith a new deck :D Any good directions?
Do a little research on the metagame, and then trade your packs for the cards you need. Never open your packs. I would suggest Drampa Garbodor for standard, and Mega Rayquaza for Expanded. Fot starters a deck should be 2/3 trainer and maybe 10-12 energy. Trainers are the backbone of your deck, mainely pro. Sycamore, N, ultra ball, and vs seeker*, (*but only in expanded)

Last edited:

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
I started to play the online game to get used to the game. Ive been collection this cards for more than 10 years now but never looked into the game. I was wondering if anybody can tell me how did you learn to build your own decks? I just playing with the pre build one but sometimes i have the feeling that they are not that good :D Its enough for the beginning but im trying to figure out how to start with a new deck :D Any good directions?

I'm happy to hear you're interested in learning the game!

Firstly, I would suggest you ask that same question in the PTCG Competitive Play forums. There, more people will be able to see your question and you will get more, thoughtful answers.

Second, you are correct that pre-built theme decks are not that strong. If you want to see what a well constructed deck list looks like, I recommend checking out the premium TCG articles on the front page. Those are written by some of the best players in the world who spend countless hours practicing and tweaking their decks to make them perfect.

Another place you can look for deck lists is in the PTCG Deck Garage forums. Deck lists are more plentiful there, and the skill level of the players who build them is more varied.

Hope that helps!

josie0001

The Daddiest Dad Ever
@TenshiHikaru, I'm glad to hear you're getting into the game as well!

When I started out, I watched YouTube vids until I had a good grasp on the rules and the basics of deck building, then when I thought I had a good idea for a deck, or a specific deck I wanted to build, I took it to the deck garage forum and tried to get as much feedback as possible or simply read thru articles about other players playing/testing/building the same deck as me. The Beach has been an incredible resource.

Then, when you have a build you like, register for the monthly tournaments. You will learn more faster by playing against players who are better than you, and the competition level here is great. Don't be afraid to chat with opponents during and after matches to get tips, insights, and advice. Almost everyone I've come across here as been super nice and extremely willing to share their knowledge. Good luck and have fun! :)

TenshiHikaru

Aspiring Trainer
@TenshiHikaru, I'm glad to hear you're getting into the game as well!

When I started out, I watched YouTube vids until I had a good grasp on the rules and the basics of deck building, then when I thought I had a good idea for a deck, or a specific deck I wanted to build, I took it to the deck garage forum and tried to get as much feedback as possible or simply read thru articles about other players playing/testing/building the same deck as me. The Beach has been an incredible resource.

Then, when you have a build you like, register for the monthly tournaments. You will learn more faster by playing against players who are better than you, and the competition level here is great. Don't be afraid to chat with opponents during and after matches to get tips, insights, and advice. Almost everyone I've come across here as been super nice and extremely willing to share their knowledge. Good luck and have fun! :)

hm...so i started with the online game and its actually really fun i need to say. But to get a good deck done means that you need to know all the cards from all the sets which are still playable right? That can be hard in my opinion. But i need to say im already unhappy with the pre constructed deck what the online game give me :D

I dont had a good experience with to play against others. They just beat me and thats it. I would love to talk to somebody to figure out how to build a good deck :D

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
hm...so i started with the online game and its actually really fun i need to say. But to get a good deck done means that you need to know all the cards from all the sets which are still playable right? That can be hard in my opinion. But i need to say im already unhappy with the pre constructed deck what the online game give me :D

I dont had a good experience with to play against others. They just beat me and thats it. I would love to talk to somebody to figure out how to build a good deck :D

I'd be happy to help! Do you want a list to start off with (something simple to begin with) or do you want information on how to build your own deck for now?

Last edited: