Discussion The Future Story of a Ninja Boy: The Awoken Hero...

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
You guys can guess who wins this one? I will give you an hint: N_ _j_ B_ _

4i61Mwp.jpg

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ninja Boy (^¸^) : Told you that this Field Blower would come in handy. 4 prizes ftw!

Entei (`;`): I can't forget when you removed my own tools with that Field Blower...

Ninja Boy (): That was just show off, we had won the game already. ;)

UmNBnNu.jpg

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ninja Boy (very pleased): Lol, pour Trevenant deck player left because i had Latias-Ex in the active by turn 2.

Entei (rolling on it's back): Hahaha, those games are the best. With the tail between the legs. ;D

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
This one is a good exemple of the unpredictability against a Nightmarch deck. I started with Comfey in the active and dropped Tapu Lele on the bench. Attached a Rainbow Energy to Tapu Lele. My opponent as few clues of the deck i am playing when he sees Comfey and Tapu Lele. So, first turn he plays Escape Rope and hopes to OHKO Tapu Lele with the energy attached. 120 dmg was not enough so i Ninja Boy into Jolteon-Ex and the turn after, i use Karen (see picture).

The opponent then gave up since he had no Pokemon Ranger included. Relying on Escape Rope could have been a solution but since he had no idea of what i was playing, he had no idea that he would need his Escape Rope to have a chance to defeat me. This illustrates the point.

The sad part is that i was on a 7 win streak and i lost the following game to Espeon-Gx/Garb. I had 23 cards left in my deck and i had only seen 2 energies... Bad drawing happens... Espeon-Gx/Garb is usually not a bad matchup. You try to get Octillery with Glaceon-Ex and Comfey/Magearna as bench support. Immuned to Psybeam and Divide Gx, Glaceon-Ex as an easy time.

NSH2ceB.jpg
That's very interesting. I've always wanted Jolteon EX and Glaceon EX in the same deck together, but I thought it would be a little too shaky. I should've known that it would be better with the newer cards in the format. Keep up the good work boss!

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
I think your only problem is getting higher HP Pokemon into play, but as far as I can tell it's too unpredictable to be that much of a problem. That is, when you got Espeon GX or Tapu Koko up against you :/

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I think your only problem is getting higher HP Pokemon into play, but as far as I can tell it's too unpredictable to be that much of a problem. That is, when you got Espeon GX or Tapu Koko up against you :/

Against Espeon Gx, you got Magearna, Comfey and Glaceon. If he does not take OHKO, you got Tauros and Machamp to counter. All this stuff togheter makes it hard for Espeon-Gx since a single Rainbow or Prism on the active blocks Psybeam and Divide Gx with a benched Magearna. Usually, Espeon-Gx pairs with Garbodor. The only attacker that is not an evolved pokemon in this deck is Tapu Lele. Again, if Tapu Lele does not find the OHKO you can Ninja Boy into Tauros or Machamp for the OHKO. Then you bench Glaceon again. The matchup is not hard you just need the right cards.

If you are talking about Tapu Koko promo, he is always annoying mainly because of the free retreat but if you can setup he cannot do all the work by himself.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
omg your opponent has all basics...

Darkrai can usually take care of Jolteon by using the Gx attack. Flash Ray does not prevent Dead End since it is an effect. Comfey prevents the special condition from affecting Jolteon so now his only hope is to get rid of Comfey before he can hope to defeat Jolteon. If he does, Rescue Stretcher or Karen followed by an Ultra Ball is needed in order to recover Comfey.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Darkrai can usually take care of Jolteon by using the Gx attack. Flash Ray does not prevent Dead End since it is an effect. Comfey prevents the special condition from affecting Jolteon so now his only hope is to get rid of Comfey before he can hope to defeat Jolteon. If he does, Rescue Stretcher or Karen followed by an Ultra Ball is needed in order to recover Comfey.
Yeah... but dude, you have a Sycamore! You obviously had that match-up in the bag. With only 4 cards in his hand, his chances weren't too high of getting a Guzma...

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Yeah... but dude, you have a Sycamore! You obviously had that match-up in the bag. With only 4 cards in his hand, his chances weren't too high of getting a Guzma...

Cant remember what i did next. I think i might have used that Ninja Boy onto Tapu Lele to get Remoraid out and tech Octillery.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Entei (O_O): What just happened? We draw 123 cards and our opponent 120 and that could have lasted a lot longer than this! That poor Latias on the front line has been holding the vanguard all this while without any pancakes! (see picture 1)

Ninja (Very serious): I believe we won right? What are you complaining about?

Entei (о_O still as not recover his courage): You recon that we did 0 damage for the entire duration of the fight? And that was a 24 minute game.... so painful it hurts... (see picture 2)

Ninja (takes his ninja pose): I do believe that being stealth is part of the Ninja Way.

Entei (V_V): I prefer when you can use that Giratina on the bench and put Glaceon or Leafeon in the active, that is when i feel happy.

Ninja (Analysing the meta): Those Trevenant decks are more and more innovative. We could afford some special energy acceleration. Not having acceleration makes our pace a bit slower against some type of decks. If we fall behind, we need to rely on Latias to just shield ourselves and live through it. Don't worry we will be trying something else with the next pack release.

lXdxn6S.jpg
Shining Mew (Comes flying from behind): Mew! (I will give you the energy kick)

JsnSvVY.jpg
Hoopa (Jingles): Hoopa! (Hi, i am hitting you for weakness and OHKO on you now trevenant)

Picture 1
rlk1U4b.jpg

Picture 2
VTj4Tcc.jpg

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Latias (.''0''.) : Where are the pancakes! Don't tell me you forgot. This game took forever, my belly hurts.

Ninja Box ( ): Do not give up yet, i think that i will be needing you for a while. We will have soon enough some business to handle. Dropping you this quick might just be too big of a mistake, Xurkitree-Gx spells trouble and he comes out soon.

----------------------------

Xurkitree-GX – Lightning – HP180
Basic Pokemon (Ultra Beast)

Ability: Flash Head
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from each of your opponent’s Pokemon that has Special Energy attached to it.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 2

-------------------------------------------

Latias (): That guy his frightening even if he cannot hurt me. But i only hit him for 70 dmg a turn without CB and that will not knock him off.

Ninja (): I am still thinking about it but you might be more useful in the discard pile than actually on the bench. This would mean that i would need to drop 1 more card and include a Marshadow-Gx. Marshadow-Gx could copy your move and knock him out in 1 hit with CB. Remember we can always handle a fight if we can think ahead. Ninja adapts to most situations.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ninja Boy (): Got work for you Mr.Mime. Time to shut down those Necrozma-Gx spread decks. They are gaining some popularity. (25-2)

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Ninja Boy (): Got work for you Mr.Mime. Time to shut down those Necrozma-Gx spread decks. They are gaining some popularity. (25-2)
Yeah no kidding. Especially since the GX move is just as deadly in mid-game as it is at the beginning. I'm actually surprised that it's a thing now.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Yeah no kidding. Especially since the GX move is just as deadly in mid-game as it is at the beginning. I'm actually surprised that it's a thing now.

It is good to change one or two cards from time to time. The Ninja Box's best strength; adaptability. Necrozma-Gx and Tapu-Koko are common in a lot of decks right now and it seems legit to bring back Mr.Mime as a reminder to them. Here is how you do it with Ninja Box:

Mr.Mime
Ability: Bench Barrier
Prevent all damage done to your Benched Pokémon by attacks.

This is the 1st combat stance (using Ninja Box) you need to defeat a Necrozma-Gx/Garbodor deck:

Jolteon-Ex --------------in the active
Mr.Mime ---------------on the bench
"Fill in the blank" ----------------on the bench

With Jolteon-Ex, you have a way to immune yourself against each of Necrozma-Gx attacks (if you are in the active and using Flash Ray). With Mr.Mime on the bench, all of your pokémons are now immune to Necrozma-Gx. The Necrozma-Gx player cannot use the Guzma trick against Jolteon-Ex because sending Jolteon-Ex on the bench would still make him invulnerable through Bench Barrier. The Necrozma player is condemned to Guzma onto Mr.Mime before he can attempt his Gx attack or any damage to Jolteon-Ex.

Mr.Mime brings another interesting option for the deck: the option to expand the bench in order to dig as far as you can into your deck to gather the right pieces of the puzzle without having to worry about Necrozma's threat for the moment. In a perfect scenario:

- Fill the bench with Sky Field: 2 spots for Shaymin-Ex, 1 spot for Tapu Lele, 1 spot for Electrike and 2 spots for Unown. The rest are usually unwanted pokémons for the match for a total of 8.

- Use Parallel city to drop to 3 (removing easy prizes) and use Farewell letter with Unown 2 times to drop down to 1 pokémon on your bench and 2 free bench space. If that pokémon is Electrike, only Rope or pokémon abilities can pull it to the active. Electrike is no easy target with Omega Trait (the same as Primal Groudon).

or

- Use a Field Blower to drop to 5 (removing easy prizes) and use Farewell letter with Unown 2 times to drop down to 3 pokémon on your bench and 2 free bench space.

Of course, you need to be careful not to discard too many items so Trashalanche come's to deal with Jolteon-Ex. Critical item count would be 6, 7 without CB. Jolteon-Ex needs to keep himself healty in order to survive at least 1 Trashalanche attack further down the line. It is important that Jolteon-Ex can survive one attack in order to gain a tempo and open an important deck option; possible transition into Glaceon-Ex with Ninja Boy. Garbodor waiting on the bench meens that you need to count your cards and make sure you have a response with Glaceon-Ex further down the road if you discarded too much and need to face Garbodor.

Rescue Stretcher in order to recover Mr.Mime or Glaceon-Ex/Jolteon-Ex is especially important in these kind of match-up. You can Rescue Stretcher and Ninja Boy on the same turn to bring back the same attacker or supporter that just got taken out. Having only 1 copy of each pokémon makes Rescue Stretcher a very important card for the deck.

Karen can also be used to pull the trick but since you cannot play 2 supporters on the same turn, pulling the trick on the same turn requires a bit more:

- Have your backup pokémon attacker in the active (let's say it is Electrike with a DCE and a Rainbow energy)
- Use Karen to revive the pokémon that just got KO and that you still need badly.
- Use Ultra Ball to pick the pokémon you want (or draw into it) and bench that pokémon
- Use Scramble Switch to attach the Energy from Electrike onto the desired attacker.

Last edited:

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Ninja Boy (): Check this battle stance i made against the new Zoroark-Gx spread deck.

Entei (): Your deck is immune to bench damage thanks to Mr.Mime! That guy was hoping to catch you off with Spiritomb and Necrozma-Gx. He had a bad surprise.

Ninj Boy (): As you can see i got 6 prize cards on the bench including Unown. That way i deny him the win condition by Lysandre and Guzma. This is a classic setup for stalling. Hoping to N into something like Guzma or Scramble Switch.

Entei(): What comes after?

Ninja Boy (): Hopefully we finish off Zoroark-Gx and then we prepare ourselves to counter Tapu Lele. Tapu Lele cant OHKO Glaceon-Ex unless there is at least 7 with CB or 8 energies attached to both pokemon so he can't OHKO us next turn. If he cannot OHKO Glaceon-Ex and attack him, we can Ninja Boy into Machamp-Ex or Tauros-Gx for 2 more prize card next turn. This will also prevent Glaceon-Ex from being sent to the discard pile so we can Ninja Boy back into Glaceon-Ex if we need to. If not we can try to send Jolteon in the active and stall for a little while.

His possibilities are very limited as long as Mr. Mime holds his pose on the bench.

EmBqlRd.jpg

Nithrock

Aspiring Trainer
Loving the concept. Do you have a list for the current build? As I have wanted to build a ninja boy deck somce finding the card, and yours seems like a good basis.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
How much success does this deck have against Golisopod/Garb and Gardevoir?

Against Golisopod-Gx and Garb, you need to stall with Glaceon-Ex in combination with Shining Mew or Jolteon (free retreat) and use Guzma to always try and send the Wimpod or Golisopod-Gx in the active to make sure First Impression is not activated. Since Golisopod usually does not OHKO, the possibility to Ninja Boy into Tauros-Gx or Machamp-Ex is a constant threat. If they do not have a good basic pokémon attacker it gets hard for them.

Against Gardevoir-Gx, you have the option to use Glaceon-Ex or Latias-Ex to stall. If he tries to charge Tapu-Lele, the usual response is Ninja Boy into Machamp-Ex or Tauros-Gx since it does not usually OHKO if Glaceon-Ex is not damaged. There is also Magearna who can OHKO Gardevoir-Gx. Tauros-Gx is useful to start with so he can OHKO the small basic pokémon.