News Several Upcoming TCG Products Cancelled or Delayed

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
Well... hopefully that Tapu Lele box still comes out within the year!

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Yep they give one of their best products a 33% increase in price and people did not react very well to it. Of course instead of the easy to make GX boxes to decrease in how many of those they make instead get rid of the Battle Arena decks instead.

Makes me really disappointed I loved that they were making a great product with expanded reprints and they got greedy and tried to milk it with the Black and White Kyreums. Maybe they're going to split them and sell them as separate products but it will still be very bittersweet.

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
I didn't think a $40 battle arena deck with unnecessary packaging size was a good idea anyway. The question is, Landorus vs Genesect is outright cancelled, or will they release it next year?

2nd question is, is TPCi still going to have 2 release slots per year for battle arena decks, or are they going back to 1? Is there a chance that the entire product line is cancelled? I hope they just release 1 per year.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Why would they flat out cancelling the BAD? Also, Lele was legal at Worlds for Japanese players, so why would they continue delaying this

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
This is what happens when you make so many products no one cares about. All while simultaneously neglecting your Leagues and saturating them with cruddy promos that could easily just be the decent promos instead.

Kind of disgusted by the Shining Legends boxes moving all the cards I wanted into the premium products too.

Also it may not be Thursday but:

Throwback to B/W era when they openly apologized for releasing too many products like this and saying it won't happen again.

What kills me the most is that instead of cancelling pointless product, they cancel the important one.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Why would they flat out cancelling the BAD? Also, Lele was legal at Worlds for Japanese players, so why would they continue delaying this

It technically wasn't legal for Japanese players at Worlds. There was a mix up. Japanese players were given a letter that said they could use it, except that letter was wrong and it was meant to say that they couldn't use it. So some Japanese players were playing it Day 1 and the tournament organizers realized their mistake so they gave every player that played against a Japanese player that used it free points and banned the card for Day 2 and 3.

Teenyvictini

Aspiring Trainer
This is actually very upsetting. First they take all the full art or rainbow rare varients of cards out of the sets into new products, and now they cancel the BAD? I can tell you one thing, That BAD would have sold well!

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
Welp..... My wallet lives another day, which is disappointing, since I wanted to buy the Genesect v Landorous deck. Should have just cancelled the Kommo-o box TPCI ;)

TotoBoss

Kappa
They released so much product, in so little time even they couldn't handle it anymore... That's what u get if you go up to sm108 within 3 sets (and yes, I realize not all spots 1-108 have been taken yet but just the fact they already planned out 108+ promo's this early stuns me)

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
It's almost as if releasing 4 core sets, 1 special set, theme decks, elite trainer boxes, GX premium collections, challenge boxes, tins, knock out collections, battle arena decks, legendary battle decks, pin boxes, power collections, blisters, trainer kits, and super premium collections has over-saturated their market and release schedule. Sounds like somebody needs to straighten out their product lines and establish some consistency in what they release, how it's released and the release schedule.

Vexen_IV

The Paul Heyman to Giratina-EX's Brock Lesnar.
Well I guess I don't have to worry about what to buy now, between Lando vs Gene or the X&Y box