News 'CoroCoro' Confirms Necrozma Forms

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
And I'm here still just hoping that Rockruff in the trailer a few weeks ago confirmed that Pokemon can walk behind you in this game...

redandblack2

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Are we not going to discuss the fact the move is called "Radical Edge Storm"? Basically everyone's middle school nickname?

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
For someone who is not very well-versed with breeding, would it be possible to breed the distribution Rockruff and get Own Tempo offspring?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
For someone who is not very well-versed with breeding, would it be possible to breed the distribution Rockruff and get Own Tempo offspring?

There's some really weird things to consider. Rockruff already has two normal abilities and it's hidden ability. If it is and works like a hidden ability you would need a female with the hidden ability to even possibly grant it to the next generation of those eggs. There's also a fear I have it will be like Ash Greninja and not even be able to breed.

I doubt they'll do what they did with the Chandelure family and change the line's hidden ability as that was done the next generation and this is still generation seven.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Sigh.. So much potential with these forms but latest Nintendo direct shows it just simply absorbs them, yugioh names are translated to the west and the two new ultra beats are also like something off of a early 2000s yugioh card..

Still will lap it all up though day one purchase :)

arulz

THE SEEKER
UB-Assembly is the best Pokemon ever and you know it.
I love the creativity with these

They wouldn't have worked back in first few gen's graphics, but the use of 3D modellinng allows them to make some really cool monsters.

The moving eye-bricks and exploding ball head are both brilliant

Last edited:

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Just curious, why would you want Own Tempo offspring? Confusion doesn't exist anymore competitive since Sun & Moon.
Just so I can see if I can have multiple Dusk Lycanroc. :)

There's some really weird things to consider. Rockruff already has two normal abilities and it's hidden ability. If it is and works like a hidden ability you would need a female with the hidden ability to even possibly grant it to the next generation of those eggs. There's also a fear I have it will be like Ash Greninja and not even be able to breed.

I doubt they'll do what they did with the Chandelure family and change the line's hidden ability as that was done the next generation and this is still generation seven.
Man, I hope it isn't like Ash Greninja, but knowing Gamefreak... >_>

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
What will be interesting is seeing the two new Ultra Beast's types. We know that no two UBs in the TCG have the same type to minimize compatibility between them. The only types not taken by a UB so far are Fire, Water, Dragon, and Fairy. This means the new UBs are liable to be Fire, Water, Ice, Dragon, or Fairy (at least as a dual type) to have their own place in the TCG rainbow when they get printed.

Last edited:

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like I'm in the minority here based off of the comment section of every FB post that Pokémon makes about USUM, but I'm really excited for these games. I'll admit that Sun and Moon didn't grab me like past generations did, although I still put a good amount of hours into them. I think USUM look really interesting so far. I just hope there's way less hand holding and more end-game content!

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I feel like I'm in the minority here based off of the comment section of every FB post that Pokémon makes about USUM, but I'm really excited for these games. I'll admit that Sun and Moon didn't grab me like past generations did, although I still put a good amount of hours into them. I think USUM look really interesting so far. I just hope there's way less hand holding and more end-game content!
What exactly interests you about this game? Everything about it is subpar at best. They painted Midday Lycanroc orange and called it "Dusk Form". No, it's Orange Form. No one cares about Z-moves, they're flashy looking moves that get old every subsequent time you see it and add no individuality to the Pokemon. The new UBs resemble inanimate objects and they don't really count as new Pokemon, just as region-based story mechanics. On top of that, they have such meager content that they're adding the Orange Form Lycanroc distribution as a feature. I find it funny that Pokebeach didn't even update the site since the Nintendo Direct only regurgitated what we knew from Corocoro hours earlier.

I don't want to dampen your fun but I really want to know what would make anyone spend 40 bucks on this. The only possible explanation would be to support Nintendo, which is the sole reason I'd ever consider buying it.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
What exactly interests you about this game? Everything about it is subpar at best. They painted Midday Lycanroc orange and called it "Dusk Form". No, it's Orange Form. No one cares about Z-moves, they're flashy looking moves that get old every subsequent time you see it and add no individuality to the Pokemon. The new UBs resemble inanimate objects and they don't really count as new Pokemon, just as region-based story mechanics. On top of that, they have such meager content that they're adding the Orange Form Lycanroc distribution as a feature. I find it funny that Pokebeach didn't even update the site since the Nintendo Direct only regurgitated what we knew from Corocoro hours earlier.

I don't want to dampen your fun but I really want to know what would make anyone spend 40 bucks on this. The only possible explanation would be to support Nintendo, which is the sole reason I'd ever consider buying it.

How do the ultra beasts not count as new pokemon? anyways from a competitive standpoint im pretty pleased for a new lycanroc form and the zmoves that have been revealed so far. it definitely wont push lycanroc or kommo-o into the top tiers but it should improve their usability in lower tiers. the necrozma forms are also gunna be very good pokemon by the looks of it

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Since I've yet to see this uploaded as a news story or posted in this thread yet, I'll put it here for anyone who's yet to see it: