News 'Shining Legends Special Collection: Raichu-GX' in January!

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I seriously hope they're just doing this for SHL because it's a special set. Removing all of the chase cards from sets and putting them in $40 boxes is ridiculous.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
These boxes are getting really out of control. TCPi really wants to suck everyone's wallet's dry this year.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
So when does Dunsparce get its own giant box that will take up space on store shelves for months to come? Every other Pokemon gets a box, apparently. And the bigger the box, the betterer. Clearly.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Flip me is there just going to be rainbow rares in the set, only 2 left are Mewtwo and Entei? There is no other possible full arts to take their place sure there isn't we are up to date pretty much? This set looks like will be easiest to complete ever - done in 3-4 elite trainer purchases :)

Kyrushi

Squirrel
My Walmart is starting to stop stocking certain products just because of how out of control this situation is. We get all these boxes and no one is buying them.

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
TPCi really knows how to cannibalize their products. This is why promos exist! Leave these cards in their sets and MAKE A BOX PROMO. There are too many of these box products to keep up with and they ruin the completion of sets.

MegaSnorlax

Card Eater
I am straight pissed. If you're going to keep doing this, at least create an alternate art and leave the main set alone.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
How come you guys are complaining now? Last year there were nearly 20 boxes for Generations, now it’s only ~10

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
How come you guys are complaining now? Last year there were nearly 20 boxes for Generations, now it’s only ~10
I think the issue is more removing the cards from the set and putting them in the collections, instead of putting unique promos in the products, than the amount of products.
If it'd had been up to me, I would've put the Rainbow Rare GX cards in the collections and left the regular FA's in the set, but only if I had to choose. I'd prefer alternate art on the promo cards for sure!

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, I agree with the majority here. I don't mind them releasing these boxes, because I think the benefit of them outweighs the negative, but completely removing the cards from the set is a bummer. Full art Zoroark and Raichu are two of the cards I wanted from Shining Legends and now they're both not in the set anymore so they can be used in these boxes. I think it's great that newer players have access to this stuff though.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
I think the issue is more removing the cards from the set and putting them in the collections, instead of putting unique promos in the products, than the amount of products.
If it'd had been up to me, I would've put the Rainbow Rare GX cards in the collections and left the regular FA's in the set, but only if I had to choose. I'd prefer alternate art on the promo cards for sure!
How is that bad; it lowers the value of the card and makes it easier for people to get?

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
I'm personally happy all these awesome cards are becoming promos, just means they'll be easier/cheaper to get....I was very happy when zoroark GX was revealed to be a promo I have big plans for that card haha