News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Now I want to play an rogue Escavalier deck, just because Carrablast's ability is absolutely hilarious! :p

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
We finally get the Alolan Marowak card. I have no true opinion on how good/bad it is.

Also Surf Tail is Surge Surfer, Alolan Raichu's signature ability in the games. You might want to check that.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Oh I'm laughing incredibly hard at the new Cincinno... Well, sure - many of these cards seem like filler, but at least the creators seem to have a sense of humor about some of them. ^.^

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Some more translations that should match up with the video game attacks:
-Pumpkaboo: Surprise > Astonish (a move in the games that Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist get; XY Phantump also has the exact same attack)
-Skiddo: Bullet Seed > Seed Bomb (while it's true that Bullet Seed is an attack in the games, the TCG version of Bullet Seed requires coin flips, while Seed Bomb doesn't; that, and Skiddo and Gogoat can't learn Bullet Seed in the games.)
-Zweilous: Double Attack > Double Hit (a move Zweilous gets in the games)

Last edited:

LatiosKing2216

Likes creative Pokemon stuff
I'm liking the unique effects on some of these new cards! Especially that Cinccino, I'm definitely going to try and make that work somehow...

Advancer

The old tree that still blooms.
That Kakuna is a great addition to the Evolutions Beedrill deck, which I thought was a good casual deck back before Sun & Moon. Might actually be worth playing again!

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Haha that Kakuna has Water Duplicates!

Aside from that humour, this set looks garbage apart from the Ultra Beasts and Mismagius.

EDIT: okay, that blackmail Cinccino is pretty funny.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Haha that Kakuna has Water Duplicates!

Aside from that humour, this set looks garbage apart from the Ultra Beasts and Mismagius.
I see potential with Lusamine and Silvally GX, the former for recycling supporters and stadiums (essentially a more balanced Vs. Seeker in that only one supporter can be used per turn), and the latter for having the memories (2 of them so far; I'm hopeful for the other types to be released in the future) to hit other Pokemon for weakness. Gladion is also a nice tech/filler for some decks that need a specific card to get rolling.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Alolan marowak is awesome that so good. Also gourgheist is pretty good in combination with eco arm and oranguru. Octillery and emolga are also good. And magikarp for expanded. And kakuna for beedrill evolutions. And i dont know how starmie would be used but its also pretty good. And milotic man really good non gxs this set.

Last edited:

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
All translations now up thanks to Bangiras! We should exclusively have some of the secret rare cards tomorrow night too.

I think that's the first time I've been able to go to bed at midnight for a set reveal. Usually I'm up for days all hours of the night waiting for cards to leak...

Neurowolf

Biology extraordinaire!
Cincinno – Colorless – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Minccino

[C] Huge Request: Choose 2 cards from your discard pile, show them to your opponent, and ask your opponent if you may put them in your hand. If your opponent says yes, put the cards in your hand. If your opponent says no, return the cards to your discard pile and do 80 damage to the opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

^ This one made me laugh too hard

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
Look at these Mitsuhiro Arita's artworks! They're great, what a blessed artist!

And wow, the HP cap for Stage 2's continues to go up, look at that 180 HP Mamoswine!

Btw, pretty meh set.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
@Water Pokémon Master @bangiras

One more translation tidbit:
-Kommo-o: Scale Noise > Clanging Scales (Kommo-o's signature attack in the games) Going with Clanging Scales' Defense-lowering side effect in the games, shouldn't Kommo-o take 30 more damage after using it?

That being said, baby Kommo-o is decent, if not for Gardevoir GX ruling the format.