News 'Shining Legends Special Collection: Zoroark-GX' in November!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Is this $30 if so, this is an amazing deal, glad they're also doing it for Raichu ;) (you need to cover that WPM)

Also, called that this would be the promo zorua....I''m sad now the other one looks so much better, and would have looked way better as a holo

Last edited:

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Well then, I guess Zoroark GX isn't going to be $30-$50 upon release. I'm actually pretty happy about this :)

Lunarwork

Just causing a total lunar eclipse....
Let's see... 5 Shining Legends packs, 2 cards and a jumbo....
betting $40-$50 in Canada.

Neurowolf

Biology extraordinaire!
Can someone remind me of the strategy for Zoroark-GX? It's attack does 120 damage now that sky field has rotated with a full bench if the Zoroark-GX attacker counts as a Pokémon in play. I recognize the ability, but I was wondering about ways to maximize the attack. Thanks!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
This card is mediocre at best without sky field, 100 damage, 130 with a choice band for a dce is meh, 2 turn knockout isn't good in this format, hp is a slight savior. Weakness to fighting isn't terrible in this format, Sivally GX with potientially all type memory drives could be an issue, fighting maybe being one of them, if not already.

Edit: Nvm, Sivally GX does have a fighting drive, this card is hosed on that matchup.

Last edited:

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I'm getting mighty sick of them removing things from this set in order to make boxes with jacked up prices.

Mega Mewtwo

Aspiring Trainer
He will be a staple when octilery gets rotated. That ability plus mallow supporter will be undercooked until everyone is doing it

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
This card is mediocre at best without sky field, 100 damage, 130 with a choice band for a dce is meh, 2 turn knockout isn't good in this format, hp is a slight savior. Weakness to fighting isn't terrible in this format, Sivally GX with potientially all type memory drives could be an issue, fighting maybe being one of them, if not already.

Edit: Nvm, Sivally GX does have a fighting drive, this card is hosed on that matchup.
Yeah it'll have a bad matchup against what it's weak to, but to say this card is mediocre at best is just plain wrong.... Zoroark GX will literally see tons of play just for the amazingly consistent draw support it brings...add in a cheap attack that can 2 shot anything in a 2 shot heavy format with 210 HP. Without VS seeker Pokémon with draw support are huge and this is the best draw support ability out right now you're sleeping on this card big time

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Yeah it'll have a bad matchup against what it's weak to, but to say this card is mediocre at best is just plain wrong.... Zoroark GX will literally see tons of play just for the amazingly consistent draw support it brings...add in a cheap attack that can 2 shot anything in a 2 shot heavy format with 210 HP. Without VS seeker Pokémon with draw support are huge and this is the best draw support ability out right now you're sleeping on this card big time

True about the draw support, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, 2 shot format, really? What do you call Garde? 3 shot? 2 shot? More often than not, one shots are seen, but take that with a grain of salt.

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
True about the draw support, I didn't say there was anything wrong with that, 2 shot format, really? What do you call Garde? 3 shot? 2 shot? More often than not, one shots are seen, but take that with a grain of salt.
Well there's always potential for OHKOs but did you see how big Acerola was in world's? That card doesn't see nearly as much play if it's just a OHKO fest.... Golisopod thrives off doing 120 damage every turn for a single energy....not to mention the absurd HP numbers GXs are getting makes it a format where a 2HKO is much much more common than a OHKO this definitely is a slower format than previous years, there's no arguing that at all. You mentioned Garde which can OHKO alot of things, but it's a stage 2 that requires 4-5 energy to get there so yes it is definitely more a 2HKO format lol

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Well there's always potential for OHKOs but did you see how big Acerola was in world's? That card doesn't see nearly as much play if it's just a OHKO fest.... Golisopod thrives off doing 120 damage every turn for a single energy....not to mention the absurd HP numbers GXs are getting makes it a format where a 2HKO is much much more common than a OHKO this definitely is a slower format than previous years, there's no arguing that at all. You mentioned Garde which can OHKO alot of things, but it's a stage 2 that requires 4-5 energy to get there so yes it is definitely more a 2HKO format lol

True.

Jake_Silberman

Competitive PTCG Player
This is probably one of the products I'm most excited for. Zoroark-GX is making a large impact on Japan's meta, and I'm expecting the same here for both Standard and Expanded. This will most likely make Night March the BDIF in Expanded because Zoroark can be used as a back-up attacker, draw support, discarding Night Marchers, and it OHKO's Trevenant BREAK with 4 Pokemon in play.