News New (But Unknown) Pikachu and Mimikyu Promos!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Now we have 108 SM Promos this year. These cards are part of that 108. The 108th card is Ash's Pikachu.

On the theme deck post on WPM's Twitter, this confirms that Hydreigon got its second Regular Rare card, the first was from DRX. On the typing on the Theme deck, Kommo-O are Fighting and Electric, then Hydreigon are Dark and Psychic?

Last edited:

FrozenLionheart

Aspiring Trainer
Could the pikachu promo be from the shining legends collectors chest? As it's meant to contain a Pikachu promo along with latias/latios... But love the art on both of these especially the mimikyu....whatever products they are released in I'll probably will pick up.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I love the look of the holo on that Mimikyu! I run them as one-offs in several psychic decks so i'll probably buy a set of them.

BeebubZ

yum... Just won a free booster box <3
That pikachu looks to much like the burning shadows one, and mimikyu could be used in the same way pidgeot ex was played.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I mean, at least the Mimikyu is decent and the Pikachu serves as collector bait. If we don't get full on competitive promos, these are a good second.

Grimxcore

Budding Professor
I know the Pikachu isn't that great overall but come on, look at that pretty artwork. The Mimikyu does have its uses as a tech card in some decks, again great artwork. Wouldn't mind snagging this version of Mimikyu.

Zeno

The Wanderer
Glad to have helped out! Hopefully more people will be seeing these in stores soon.

ThePokePals

PokePal
Is it bad that I spent 5 hours going to different Targets and Walmarts trying to find the Mimikyu one? lmao
I found it, though!

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I'm not even joking, just two or three days ago, I was thinking to myself "I wonder what they could put in promo boxes other than pins or figures." Then rubber straps akin to these popped up in my mind.