News September's SM4 Set: 'The Awoken Hero' and 'The Transdimensional Beast'

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Updated with Gyarados-GX's full translation!

EDIT: We think we have Golem's full translation now too.

Last edited:

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Gyarados stage 1 with 240hp is awesome. Gx attack could be interesting as an energy disrupter. Love the second attack however 5 energy makes it extremely vulnerable to Gardevoir GX and Espeon GX. Counter Energy could be played however then you need to behind on prizes.

Cooper

Aspiring Trainer
Dread storm GX sort of sucks but the Alolan golem GX move is good, water type primal Groudon!

EdGeorge92

Aspiring Trainer
I do actually quite like this, imagine it might fit nicely with some slower running decks. Guzmas and 1/2 of these could really turn games around.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Im going to LOVE this in my Koko deck!! I run Electrode in it to accellerate my energy and used to run Ace Trainer when it was standard. Now instead I can force the opponent to take a prize so I can abuse Counter Catcher! This way I can force a switch and then have my supporter slot open for hand freshing or disruption.

Sinister_Dusclops

Aspiring Trainer
The only way Gyarados GX would be good in my head is with electrode because you could then abuse counts catcher. 5 for 200 isn't really appealing and hard to pull off. Speaking of counter catcher, This promotes the use of Alolan vulpix because if it gets kod not only will your opponent have a 7 prize game but they will also get abused by counter catcher.

Nyora

A Cat
Gyarados looks very good, you can use BUS or was it GUR Gyarados for late game damage and it really is the next P-Don.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Counter Catcher - This calls for a 5-Geodude card because it's an early game Pokemon Catcher, non-errata form. This gives you early prizes for your early advantage.
  • Gyarados GX - Just use GX atk on a Darkrai, on a Broski, or on any similar to that. The second attack is good but expensive. Bulky but weak to Raichu. 3 Geodudes
  • A-Golem GX - The GX is oh my goodness, it's great. Auto- "Paralysis" to the opponent, but it took too long to set up, plus it's a Stage 2. 2-3 Geodudes

Nyora

A Cat
Counter Cather will be amazing in Koko decks and any decks that like to go to a seven-prize game.

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Oh good god, your opponent can't play any card from their hand until the end of their next turn?! AND 100 DAMAGE?! Golem could actually see some play...

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Golem is sadly terrible but that Gyarados card has potential. High HP for a stage 1 GX, the attack is very high cost but will OHKO almost anything. Babygyara exists as a one prizer that can hit 150 base in the lategame. No omega barrier unlike primal don but it has slightly better acceleration options. Having such a high colorless cost allows you to attach 2 DCEs if you're playing slow (dread storm can help stall for time) or do something cuhrayzee like including a kiawe and 5 fires in your deck for a potential second turn attack, something that groudon can't even think about.

The other thing with this card is it will have Lusamine for stadium recycling.