News America's November Set: 'Crimson Invasion,' Two Ultra Beast Premium Collections!

Guzzlord looks like beast. Great name for gx-move considering You will probably be eating those energy...I guess it's your discard pile that eats them.
5 dark energy is a flaw but another big flaw is 100 damage, this means you have to setup Guzzlord on bench while doing around 100 damage to opponent hoping that Guzzlord doesn't get pulled to active.

quickest way to power guzzlord would be mallow then eat sloppily, then turn 2 either repeat or add a dce to hit for 180. still kinda expensive card.

also 111 cards for this set, which should be crimson invasion, means with secret rares set should be about 130~ total. japans 2 sets for it seem to be about 50 + secrets means we are likely not getting any more cards from other places. which makes sense as shining legends is being kept as a separate set for us.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone mention this and if you did sorry for stealing it :p,
But notice that the cards are labeled "ultra beast" just like the old plasma card, I think this might mean that we'll get special "ultra beast" cards, Maybe a "beast ball" card or a special energy JUST for ultra beasts, I can't wait for any information about that :3

Guzzlord GX's reminds me of 2 cards.....

1. The energy requirement reminds me of Tyranitar from Fates Collide (it's too clunky to use while playing)

2. While it's GX ability reminds me of Lugia Ex's Overflow ability from Plasma Storm.

Wait.. Guzzlord GX.. Am i missing some rulings or is this a speed beast?

Decklist:
4 Guzzlord GX
56 Dark energy..

Turn One: attach energy to guzzlord --> Eat sloppely --> Attacch 5 engery
Turn Two: 180 damage
Turn Three: GX attack -->Win game

I must be missing something?

I have a feeling we’ll get a double beast Energy that’s 2 rainbow but minus the 10 damage but only for UBs

Wait.. Guzzlord GX.. Am i missing some rulings or is this a speed beast?

Decklist:
4 Guzzlord GX
56 Dark energy..

I must be missing something?

Nope, that should be legal.

It's a fragile strategy, since you'll probably mulligan a lot, and if your opponent knocks out your guzzlord, you get donked the majority of the time, but it will technically work.

Nope, that should be legal.

It's a fragile strategy, since you'll probably mulligan a lot, and if your opponent knocks out your guzzlord, you get donked the majority of the time, but it will technically work.
If I think about how 'well' sylveon gx is doing with 4 eevee.. I can't imagine another deck that wil do 180 damage turn 2 and survive getting that much damage so early game..

(to be clear: i hate the idea of such a deck like i discribed..)

Sylveon can use N to remove the mulligan advantage in some of its games, and sylveon doesn't have a weakness to a techable attacker, and sylveon can search out other eevee's to prevent getting "donked", and sylveon can use removal cards to slow down your opponent like hammers and max potion.

Buzzwole seems like a mediocre, but not bad, GX card.
Guzzlord is much better.... first attack could be used with Mallow or something, Tyrannical Hole is good damage all things considered, the GX attack is excellent when it gets the knockout.
Plus, there is definitely going to be Ultra Beast specific trainers and special energies in Crimson Invasion, so these may be better than they seem right now.

Sylveon can use N to remove the mulligan advantage in some of its games, and sylveon doesn't have a weakness to a techable attacker, and sylveon can search out other eevee's to prevent getting "donked", and sylveon can use removal cards to slow down your opponent like hammers and max potion.
But sylveon does not knock out a 180hp Pokemon turn two

But sylveon does not knock out a 180hp Pokemon turn two
That's not the point.

The point is, sylveon can prevent itself from getting destroyed by having their one pokemon killed. Guzzlord can't.

Your proposed guzzlord deck doesn't run guzma or lysandre, so your opponent can just force you to feed on their kokos and other non-gxs, meaning they have 3 turns of setup before they just one-shot your guzzlord and laugh at you.

Since you don't have choice band or field blower, any non-basic gx deck or any gx deck that runs FFB can dodge the one-shot and just 2hko your guzzlord... and win.

You're focusing way too much on guzzlord attacking, and pretending like your opponent is going to do nothing during their turns, which is ESPECIALLY untrue when you're going to be mulliganing a few times to give them a bigger opening hand.

Realistically, you only need to hit 3 energy off of his first attack, since you can attach one to use the first attack, and you can attach another turn 2, which means you should probably run a deck with 36 or more darkness energies (3/5's of your deck, so on average you get setup from the first attack), but then also run things like lele, marshadow, brigette, guzma, CB, field blower, and Elixir so that you don't lose the instant your first guzzlord falls.

Stop hatin on guzzlord guys. This is just very similar to Plasama Storm Heatmor. In my opinion a 210 HP Dark-Type that's an attacker Is going to be VERY good.

Back