News New Lycanroc Form In 1.5 Hours?

Yes, I'm also convinced that Dusk form is the only new form we are getting for it.

1stly because it makes perfect sense of why the only placeholder image for a Lycanroc on Global Link has the ID=4, because skipping 2,3 is pretty much confirmation of version exclusive totem-Lycanroc battles in USUM.

And 2ndly because it is only called "Dusk" form in english! The original japanese name for the form translates to "twilight form", which is applicable to both transitions between day and night. The other languages refer to it as the twilight form as well (Zwiellicht in german, Crépusculaire in french etc.). If they inteded to have a "Dawn" form as well, they would not have named this one the "twilight" form.
300px-Twilight_description_full_day.svg.png

Not a bad design, I think it combines the best of both forms. But that ugly-ass color scheme is an offense to nature. I'm thinking of petitioning to rename it "Carrot Lycanroc", or maybe "Sweet Potato Lycanroc".

This is literally the lamest thing I've ever seen.

That title is already taken, and I don't think it can ever be surpassed
102.png

In all seriousness though, I see A LOT of people calling it lazy, lame etc.
And I'm wondering.. if this form came out with the other two Lycanrocs from the start, would get reactions that are anywhere near that? Or is it just because it's supposed to be something fresh and new instead?

Sorry for bust in, @steffenka . I've watched the unveiling of DuskLyc. That includes the new music for the Wild Battle for USUM. It's like BW2 after all.

Looks pretty good! Definitely fits the theme they are going with. I am glad we are just getting a new form that isn't from a legend.

Oh wow, I wonder how the design of this thing went down.

"Ok guys, you know the Midday form of Lycanroc? Well, we're gonna spill some Orange Crush on it, then duct tape the fluffy thing the Midnight form has onto it. Genius, right? People would never even see this one coming!"

If TPC is trying to get people not interested in their upcoming games, they are doing a fantastic job.

That title is already taken, and I don't think it can ever be surpassed
View attachment 13874

In all seriousness though, I see A LOT of people calling it lazy, lame etc.
And I'm wondering.. if this form came out with the other two Lycanrocs from the start, would get reactions that are anywhere near that? Or is it just because it's supposed to be something fresh and new instead?

The bad critics about the new form are in my opinion valid, because in the event that it was supposed to be released along with the existing forms, then GF should at least give some explanation because UMUS were announced as an alternate story and despite that have been done before, with Emerald there was just one game, not the dual release, and so this sounds like lazyness.
What's more, GF is apparently deciding to release few information about the games and when they do it, it's about a Pokémon that it will only be available through download!? This not favours the new games and Dusk Lycanroc ends up not being viewed in a good light. It's like Ubisoft announcing that there will be downloadable content before a game's release when said content is not that much and could have been in the game!
The only good thing I see in the announcement is that I can have more pictures on the male protagonist and it confirms that he looks something between a preschooler and a youngster and unless UMUS introduces age customisation, then it's one more argument for me to not buy any of these games.

Back