News Palossand-GX, Latias, Hydreigon, Regigigas, Hiker Promos!

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Exeggcute - Nowadays, Psyshock ignore effects from the Defending Pokémon. Most likely the translation is Psy Bolt to match the Psychic-paralysis thing. The illustrator matches the Bilingual Exeggutor. (Please gives Giant Exeggutor!)

Corrisohn

Aspiring Trainer
Execute art is amazing. And now, execute illustrated by OOYAMA can evolve into executer illustrated by Dr. Ooyama

Conclusion, I need all cards illustrated by OOYAMA

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Execute art is amazing. And now, execute illustrated by OOYAMA can evolve into executer illustrated by Dr. Ooyama

Conclusion, I need all cards illustrated by OOYAMA
Good luck getting OOYAMA's Pikachu ;) Also, hopefully he draws Alolan Exeggutor, preferably GX, I mean there is an A-Exeggutor in the background of Exeggcute

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Man, that Palossand's GX attack is broken as all getout. If you're cruel enough, you can just choose to discard every Pokémon you find and cripple your opponent's deck.

Also, the Hiker artwork - I know that's based on the Trial photobomb, but it's like they've embraced the meme that it became XD

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
In a deck running 20 pokemon, you're going to find ~4 pokemon on average with palossand's GX attack.

And that's assuming your opponent's deck maintains a relatively normal distribution of pokemon throughout the game, which it won't, because people search out pokemon cards more often than trainer cards, reducing their density in your deck throughout the game.

Sometimes you'll hit 7 or 8 pokemon, one-shot something, and discard all of their GX's, but those situations are rare, especially considering palossand's setup time which gives your opponent the chance to get those pokemon out of their deck.

It's a cool attack, but it's an attack for the players looking for meme attacks, not a competitive choice.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting fun fact on the "Confusion" attack. They should bring bring back "Psychic Force" to TCG with a coin flip effect where heads you get Confusion and tails you get Paralysis, or vice versa. That would be awesome and probably be very playable :)

SquishMcFish

Aspiring Trainer
Hydreigon looks like it could be good that ability can discard Leles a Shaymins but Shaymin is getting rotated. I could see it as a energy denial deck but it's a stage 2 and that's a problem. Also Regigigas and Pallosand GX are garbage. But with Regigigas' ability we can pretty much confirm the regi trio will be in the set.
How is Pallosand GX garbage? It seems at somewhat decent to me but I'm still pretty new to the competitive scene.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Its attacks are too weak relative to how much energy they cost.

If you're using 3 energy, you should be hitting at least 130. He's only hitting 60, and confusion is not worth that much.

4 energy for only 100 damage is awful, and healing 20 isn't that great.

SucyX

A Legit Seed
How is Pallosand GX garbage? It seems at somewhat decent to me but I'm still pretty new to the competitive scene.
It's attacks are too expensive and not that good compared to other top cards in the meta the first attack is ok but Espeon GX is a better at confusion cause you can get it on your first turn